Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Condensation

Veteran Member Two Rings 0000_a4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Angry Condensation

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    We had a nasty storm here in Chicago last week and I went through a deep water street. Engine is doing fine except the interior got wet. Insurance is covering the interior but not my one piece euro headlights from Awe. Does anyone know how to do a reseal on the 1piece headlights? I was able to dry them out but condensation keeps coming back.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    K04|Custom FMIC|310cc Injector|GIAC PC-16|APR Inlet Hose|2.5" Scorpion Exhaust Turboback|EVO MS DV|South Bend Stg II Clutch|Unorthodox LFW|18" BBS CH|RS4 Look Front|S4 Rear and Side skirts|Koni Coilovers|A.W.E. Drive Train Stabilizer| 6000k 50w HIDs|Valeo 1 piece Headlights| Stratosphere SS

Veteran Member Four Rings SeanF's Avatar
    AZ Member #

i wouldnt bother resealing them, but what i would do, is find the highest proof rubbing alcohol, like 90% or hopefully something like 99, get a couple bottles of it, and rinse them out with that really well and leave them open for a while, sitting either outside in the sun or something...
    2007 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3 GT, w/ navigation
    Built, Blown, and Squeezin' on a 3071r

Veteran Member Four Rings iowaboostin's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The hairdryer/sun to get the condensation out then silicone to reseal always worked for me.