Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Engine help - 03 Audi A4 Cabriolet - AMB

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I recently bought a 2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet knowing it had some overheating issues.

It has recently had a new water pump, spark plugs, ignition coils, and oil change done (all by me except the water pump which was done by the previous owner).

Codes I was getting:
    P0118
    P0300B
    P0302

I haven't ran diagnostics against after doing the tune up but I took it to a shop to have it further inspected. Here is their digital inspection they sent me: Clickity Clack

They called me saying they found engine oil in the coolant (which I already knew and which is why I brought it to them) but they also said that they found no coolant in the system and recommend replacing the engine assembly ($3300 if I have them do it).

My question is does this seem accurate and do I need to replace entire engine or just the head? Appreciate any and all insight!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Usually the heat exchanger (oil cooler) fails long before the head gasket. I would check that first.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk