Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings xXxREBELOxXx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 A4 B6 1.8TQ AT, 2015 Suzuki Inazuma

Flow Matching New Injectors?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I bought brand new Bosch Audi TT injectors (386cc) to put into my 1.8t for an APR Stage 1+ tune, I didn't get them as a set (most likely still not flow matched) but 4 individually in the same order as this ended up being cheaper than the set of 4.
    They are from Ebay but look like genuine OEM TT injectors, and have a few good reviews. Since they are new, would it be okay to not have them flow matched, or should I have them flow matched?
    I heard the variance can be as high as 10% and I don't want a cylinder leaning out and causing knock under boost. From what I read, flow matching seems to be something done on used injectors with some mileage on them, though I know there are manufacturing tolerances that allow slight deviation in flow rate from injector to injector.

Veteran Member Four Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

I dont know about port injectors, but my injector guy said to definitely do it for GDI injectors as like you mentioned, the variances in new injectors can still be out. IIRC, he said bosch uses a different fuel weight to flow their injectors. Once fuel is used, it is actually a lower cc than advertised and can mis lead tuners.

On my 2.7 build, the new port injectors i am getting will be flow verified.
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT Avant
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gosser View Post
    I dont know about port injectors, but my injector guy said to definitely do it for GDI injectors as like you mentioned, the variances in new injectors can still be out. IIRC, he said bosch uses a different fuel weight to flow their injectors. Once fuel is used, it is actually a lower cc than advertised and can mis lead tuners.

On my 2.7 build, the new port injectors i am getting will be flow verified.
    Okay, I see why flow matching would be more important with direct injectors over multi-port. ECS tuning wasn't mentioning that they flow matched the 386cc injectors and idk if getting them from APR for double the price would come flow matched either, I'd probably need to get them shipped out to flow match them and that's if the shop would have Bosch 386cc injectors to make a matching kit with.
    I could try and run them as is new, and if I notice any knock then I'll get them flow matched from there. All I can say is the APR Stage 1+ kit made these Bosch 386cc injectors expensive lol, probably should have went the Motoza route.

Also that 2.7T build sounds fun, it'll be a wicked ride when it's done

Veteran Member Four Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

I went stage 1+ with a Motoza tune, along with high flow cat, and 550cc "bosch" injectors from ebay, and just slammed them in. It pulls hard and zero knocking. I havent logged anything yet for a re-tune, but have no reason to think that its destroying things. Its been about 20,000km/12,000miles. Not much but enough. I am pretty sure about 99.9% of people just install the injectors without flow verifying.

I cannot wait for my 2.7 01E B7 Avant build to progress! Need a few more projects cleared before it really takes off. I have a week off soon to crush a few lingering projects, then its all 2.7.
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT Avant
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

clevelandinjectorhospital.com

good friend of mine. he rebuilt, cleaned, and flow tested my 440cc injectors. they came out of a s60r w 180K miles. run beautifully and look brand new.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gosser View Post
    I went stage 1+ with a Motoza tune, along with high flow cat, and 550cc "bosch" injectors from ebay, and just slammed them in. It pulls hard and zero knocking. I havent logged anything yet for a re-tune, but have no reason to think that its destroying things. Its been about 20,000km/12,000miles. Not much but enough. I am pretty sure about 99.9% of people just install the injectors without flow verifying.

I cannot wait for my 2.7 01E B7 Avant build to progress! Need a few more projects cleared before it really takes off. I have a week off soon to crush a few lingering projects, then its all 2.7.

Gotcha, thanks for the wisdom. Looks like I wonít be flow matching them, should be fine if everyone else isnít flow matching theirs.

Hell yeah, sounds like you got your hands full lol. It will be worth it though, good luck with the projects. Hopefully you can get them all finished up soon

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PSI NRG View Post
    clevelandinjectorhospital.com

good friend of mine. he rebuilt, cleaned, and flow tested my 440cc injectors. they came out of a s60r w 180K miles. run beautifully and look brand new.
    Thank you, if I decide to get them flow matched/cleaned Iíll check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine