Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

S6 intake conversion to RS7 airbox and intake hose: or SRM shorts to RS7 box

I am currently running the Burger Motorsports JB4 piggyback on my 2018 S6 and would like to give it a little more airflow. To keep a stock look, i was planning on the RS7 airbox and either the Rs7 intake hoses to the stock turbos, or the Silly Rabbit Motorsports short tubes to the RS7 box. The RS7 intake hose has a larger inside diameter than the S6 tube, but seems to bolt up correctly to the s6 turbos as does the SRM tube. Do any of the RS7 guys that have done the SRM conversion remember the inner diameter difference between the SRM tubes and the stock tubes you replaced. The SRM short tubes should connect up to the RS7 box and boot kit with no issues except for installation hassles and tweaks to the engine cover as posed elsewhere? Have any S6 guys done the RS7 intake tubes to RS7 box? Issues?
    Thanks in advance.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Google "s6 rs7 intake". Nice thread on audizine pops up

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TruS4 View Post
    Google "s6 rs7 intake". Nice thread on audizine pops up
    yeah, had previously bookmarked that page and knew the RS7 box and pipes worked on the S6. was more interested in finding out if inside dimensions of the SRM tubes were significantly larger than the rs7 pipes to justify the modifications to the throttle body screw and the engine cover. i figure some RS7 guys or S6 guys that did the RS7 tubes, then went the SRM route may have measured the inner diameter difference of the tubes. IowaRS7?, widebodyfx?, brad65ford?, (OlyS6? Actually, SRM is not larger than MRC. They both connect directly onto the face of the turbos, (and have the same large inner diameter) as opposed to the stock RS7 tube that slide into the turbos. The MRC tubes are roughly $1000 USD),

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkS6 View Post
    yeah, had previously bookmarked that page and knew the RS7 box and pipes worked on the S6. was more interested in finding out if inside dimensions of the SRM tubes were significantly larger than the rs7 pipes to justify the modifications to the throttle body screw and the engine cover. i figure some RS7 guys or S6 guys that did the RS7 tubes, then went the SRM route may have measured the inner diameter difference of the tubes. IowaRS7?, widebodyfx?, brad65ford?, (OlyS6? Actually, SRM is not larger than MRC. They both connect directly onto the face of the turbos, (and have the same large inner diameter) as opposed to the stock RS7 tube that slide into the turbos. The MRC tubes are roughly $1000 USD),
    I can measure my stock tubes if you want. I think the problem is it takes maybe an hour to pull a SRM tube once installed to measure :) Iím happy to measure the ID at the filter side,but Iím not sure itís the same Diameter as the turbo inlet side.

EDIT:

Stock RS7 filter side ID - 2.25"
    Stock RS7 Turbo Inlet ID - 1.75"

SRM filter side ID - 2.375"
    SRM Turbo inlet ID - ???
    '14 RS7

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by V10Jon View Post
    I can measure my stock tubes if you want. I think the problem is it takes maybe an hour to pull a SRM tube once installed to measure :) Iím happy to measure the ID at the filter side,but Iím not sure itís the same Diameter as the turbo inlet side.

EDIT:

SRM Turbo inlet ID - ???
    thanks a lot. if the SRM tubes dont neck down like they say, probably that same 2.4 - 2.5" ID

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by V10Jon View Post

EDIT:

SRM Turbo inlet ID - ???
    As one of my next mods, I'd like to install the RS7 air box with SRM short intakes. Do the RS7 accordion tubes fit on the short SRM tubes or do I need a different connector?
    2016 Audi S6 Prestige

2015 Audi Q7 S line Prestige

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hmuller View Post
    As one of my next mods, I'd like to install the RS7 air box with SRM short intakes. Do the RS7 accordion tubes fit on the short SRM tubes or do I need a different connector?
    they fit with a little persuasion. a tight fit, but they do fit.

AZ Member #

I have an rs7.
    Upgraded my pipes to srm.

Srm pipes are significantly larger diameter than rs7. I think about 1/4 larger.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

did you keep the RS7 Box and accordians? long or short tubes? modify the engine cover?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkS6 View Post
    did you keep the RS7 Box and accordians? long or short tubes? modify the engine cover?
    I have long srm version. Removed the airbox and accordians.

I did have to take a very small notch out of my engine cover, due to bad quality control at srm. Most people do not have to do this for long or short srm intake.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2019 x5 5.0

Im waiting on parts, but my take is
    Rs7 box with rs7 accordion tubes, srm short intakes with srm chras

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2016 S6 Sport