Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Rough idle and car dying on startup

Ive only ever had this issue in the winter until now. This morning I went to get coffee and when I cold started my car the first 4-5 seconds of startup were very uneven and rough if that makes sense. The car shook and vibrated allot and then this died down once the revs went down. Later in the day I went to start my car, the car made the nice usual startup pops and crackles and as i went to slightly blip the throttle the car stuttered and completely died. I turned the car back on and everything seemed normal. This has happened one or two times before in the exact same context but was in sub freezing temps. My only thought is bad gas but I go to the same station everytime I fillup with 93 and the only other times this issue has happened was 5 states away with different gas. Anyone experiencing similar issues or might know what this could be?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Do you think its a bad fuel filter?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RS3TP View Post
    Do you think its a bad fuel filter?
    I wouldn't think so with 10k miles but that could be a possible cause.

Established Member Two Rings 400_turbo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Had exact problem with my c63 years ago and it was bad fuel filter. Happened at 12k miles..fyi

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I have the same thing happening with my A3 now and then over the last year. In my case, I have changed the fuel filter recently. Cleaned MAF, checked all the vacuum lines but it did not help. Supposedly, it is a coolant temp sensor, but I have not changed it yet.