Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring BuiltA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Nothing Worth Noting

Tuner to Revomve SAI Check engine Light

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Ok so here is the scenario. I am now in possession of a 2001 A4 Quattro Avant 1.8t that just came from Alabama. (I live in Arizona) The car came with the ever popular vacuum hose delete/simplification. That of course has the SAI Incorrect Flow CEL that I need to get cleared. I read on the forums that this code can be erased from the ecu's code completely so that it is like it never existed. Might anyone know of a Tuner who can get this done?
    Attempting to fix this system by putting it back to stock is my last option and I do not want to do it.
    Reason: In Arizona I cannot pass emissions with ANY check engine lights.

Veteran Member Four Rings walky_talky20's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ian at Reflect Tuning is your guy.

http://reflecttuning.com/

ian@reflecttuning.com

He's also on AZ. Username is k0mpresd. Here's a review:
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...8497-PROPS!-up
    ^Don't listen to this guy, he's not even a mechanic.
    2001 Laser Red A4 1.8TQM, 5-Speed Swapped, 4.11 Final Drive, APR 93, R8 coil packs, Labree HFC & DP, 2.5" Exhaust, ST Coilovers, 034 RSB, A8 Brakes Front & Rear
    2006 Passion Red Volvo V50 T5 AWD 6MT
    2000 Satin Silver Passat 1.8T FWD Wagon, Slippy Tiptronic, 15" Hubcaps

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Nothing Worth Noting

Perfect, I just messaged them. I appreciate the direction.

Established Member Four Rings Blazius's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Are you by ANY chance related to the Audi on BUILT's channel :D?

Yes kompresed can do that, (hes on nefmoto too :P), but I can too, if you have the necessary tools to flash/read the car :)
    2000 B5 A4 Avant FWD Manual - Sport package
    NA ARG Block - 10.3 CR | AEB Head w/ NA valve cover and Coils | AWT Intake | SAAB 370cc | China T3/T4 57 Trim ~9 cm | Custom 2.2 inch uppipe | Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDI FMIC | Custom 3.1 inch Vband DP | Self ME7 Tuned

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...rbo-Conversion

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Nothing Worth Noting

I am the person who won that car yes 😄.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Nothing Worth Noting

And I do have the cables, two different sets actually that hook into my computer. Any difference between you and Kompresed?

AZ Member #

Well, I cant say anything about that but , what cable I am actually talking about is MPPS , vcds cable aint good :)

Also congrats on the car man, little hiccups here and there but glad you got it sorted.
    NA ARG Block - 10.3 CR | AEB Head w/ NA valve cover and Coils | AWT Intake | SAAB 370cc | China T3/T4 57 Trim ~9 cm | Custom 2.2 inch uppipe | Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDI FMIC | Custom 3.1 inch Vband DP | Self ME7 Tuned

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Nothing Worth Noting

Thanks. So he had a cable he was using to connect to the computer, but then I was told to purchase one from ebay called "1/7
    FTDI FT232RL VAG USB diagnostic cable for use+2x2 cable for VCD Lite" but now that you MPPS I thinking I have 2 of the same cables...smh haha

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BuiltA4 View Post
    Thanks. So he had a cable he was using to connect to the computer, but then I was told to purchase one from ebay called "1/7
    FTDI FT232RL VAG USB diagnostic cable for use+2x2 cable for VCD Lite" but now that you MPPS I thinking I have 2 of the same cables...smh haha
    Well FTDI based blue cable can read me7 using Nefmoto flasher but I work with MPPS and its really great, anyway if you can read with it and write its fine too.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Nothing Worth Noting

Interesting, at least its not useless. All of those terms are new to me but I get the gist of it. I guess it comes down to what Kompresed uses. I need to wait for him to reply and find out. :)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BuiltA4 View Post
    Interesting, at least its not useless. All of those terms are new to me but I get the gist of it. I guess it comes down to what Kompresed uses. I need to wait for him to reply and find out. :)
    Well, all we ( tuners - if tuning remote) need you to do is read the car , to get a bin ( flash) from the chip inside so we can tune it, then you just overwrite the old one with the tool of choice :)