Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Mercedes C230 Sport Volvo S60 2.5T

totalcardiagnostics.com - scam?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I paid for the Rosstech cable on 20th June 2019 and the item is still not arrived yet after 22days. More importantly, the customer service is so salty about answering simple question about the delivery.

Paypal resolution center:

You
    I have purchase this device/cable about 20 days ago. I havent received it yet, tried reaching seller yesterday and no response received about it.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 10:28:41 AM

Seller
    Way to early for concern. Only shipped on 1 July - still on your way. Should arrive in 10+- work days.

- Rod King, Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 10:33:21 PM

You
    Amazing customer service, I have placed the order on 20st June. Unless you are living under the rock, its July 11th and you still want me to wait 10 more working days (as per the email)?

look at my email conversation here:

Me:
    Mon, Jul 8, 11:43 AM (3 days ago)
    its been 18+ days. I didnt receive the package yet.
    Alex E.

totalcardiagnostics:
    Mon, Jul 8, 11:44 AM (3 days ago)
    Hi, Got your email! We'll reply in 24-48 hours. -- Warm regards, Alex E. Sydney Car Mechanic and Engineer Get More Car Performance Enhancing & Diagnostic Tools:
    Alex E. tickets@totalcardiagnostics.com via gmail.com

totalcardiagnostics: (After 3 days)
    I know about your order, it was in list which warehouse forgot to ship. They finally shipped 1 July - still on your way. Should arrive in 10+- work days.
    Sorry.

Me:
    This is unacceptable. I don’t want to deal with this anymore. Can we come to some resolution here? Either I need it overnight shipping or full refund.

totalcardiagnostics:
    You tell me how would you respond to your email?
    Last edited by Jeevan; 07-11-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Veteran Member Four Rings Jay-Bee's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 Avant 2.0T

You obviously didn't pay for a Ross-tech device. You ordered some knock off shipped from China... everything seems as it should.
    2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T Stage 1 WinOLS tune
    2004 VW Golf TDI Stage 1 [VNT-17 turbo, EGR delete]

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

they claim to be from australia and they even have their own website. I paid about 108$

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 A4 Avant S-line 6MT

Shipping from AUS to USA would reasonable seem to be ~20 days. That knock off cable isn't a Ross-Tech VCDS unit....best of luck with it.
    B7 Avant 2.0t S-line Manual [19" OEM wheels | Podi pod/gauge | Stasis Exhaust | 034 HFC | Hotchkis 29mm RSB | BFI Snub | 034 Street Mounts | Apikol Race Diff Mount | Autotech HPFP | Golf R intake cam]

Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 A4Q Technik, 2006 A4Q, 1978 911 Targa,

I'm sure Hugh just reads these posts and shakes his head, I ordered from him and in 5 days it was in my hands.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Audizine mobile app
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Theiceman View Post
    I'm sure Hugh just reads these posts and shakes his head, I ordered from him and in 5 days it was in my hands.

who is he?

Senior Member Three Rings guglielmo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That guy is selling pirated software "scanmaster v2.1" and generic elm ob2 readers.

Senior Member Three Rings griga's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Seriously.

Or just buy an OBDEleven and learn how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Silver 2008 A4 2.0T Cupra R Lip | 034 Mounts | Peelers |
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/rigadesigns/

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

First of all, you didnít buy a Ross Tech product so you should probably edit that.

Second of all, if you order sketchy shit from sketchy places to save a few bucks, itís hard to feel bad for you. Sorry to say and no offense.
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr, H&R springs, Bilstein B4 sport shocks, ECS short shifter

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

lol. i posted it because people in future would look at this post and understand how long its takes to get the item/ hassle with their service. Not because I feel like crying or make others show sympathy towards me.

Second of all, I am not sure how this is any different from selling or buying after market car parts or used rosstech cables. I just tried saving around 300 bucks for unlimited vins and dont think its a crime to save few bucks buying aftermarket stuff. They said they were using aftermarket chips instead rosstech cables.

if this feels sketchy, then may be buying a used cars parts and after market stuff is ripping off Audi too. its just hussling thru the life.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

It says right on their site that you will receive your product in 7-15 working days. If it takes 15 working days to get your product, that could be 3 whole weeks because thereís only 5 working days in a week.

If you read the shipping conditions before you bought it you would know. Itís only been 15 working days as of today and you were bugging them before today. And youíre already demanding they overnight you one or refund your money. Donít be ďthat customerĒ.

Do you think this web store actually has inventory on hand? Hell no. They drop ship that shit from China.
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr, H&R springs, Bilstein B4 sport shocks, ECS short shifter

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

And if you didnít know that place was sketchy, you didnít look hard at all.

The sentence where they say theyíll purposely lie about whatís in the box so you donít have to pay import taxes alone would make me never buy from them.

You bought a SCAM-tool, not a scan-tool. Hope it works dude. Good luck.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

I just this to work untill I change my tranny fluid this month end.

Damn, they got me with those VCDS screenshots lol

Senior Member Three Rings griga's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Silver 2008 A4 2.0T Cupra R Lip | 034 Mounts | Peelers |
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/rigadesigns/

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevan View Post
    who is he?
    Owner of europaparts is a sponsor of this site and all round good guy.

Btw pirated copyright products is NOT the same as aftermarket. That's what copyright is for and you just used it to justify supporting scumbag thieves.

Do the right thing or you won't get much support around here.

2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Just buy a legit VCDS cable from Ross Tech. Support the company that made all the copies possible.

Everything else is just a cheap copy. 200 bucks is nothing and owning it literally pays for itself with what you save in diagnosis if you learn how to use it.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    Just buy a legit VCDS cable from Ross Tech. Support the company that made all the copies possible.

Everything else is just a cheap copy. 200 bucks is nothing and owning it literally pays for itself with what you save in diagnosis if you learn how to use it.
    Yes ordered one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by boostin20v View Post
    Shipping from AUS to USA would reasonable seem to be ~20 days. That knock off cable isn't a Ross-Tech VCDS unit....best of luck with it.
    20 days? I bought a paint repair kit on tuesday from FREAKING TURKEY, like the damn country in the middle east, and it was supposed to have arrived today except FedEx said nobody was here (which isn't true). So, no I call BS.

Other than the shipping, yea no REAL cable is going to be $100. And the delays could be because it drop-shipped from Shenzhen.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - R8 V10 Coils and Spark Plugs - AMI retrofit - Mk2 RNS-E
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile with new timing chains
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevan View Post
    lol. i posted it because people in future would look at this post and understand how long its takes to get the item/ hassle with their service. Not because I feel like crying or make others show sympathy towards me.

Second of all, I am not sure how this is any different from selling or buying after market car parts or used rosstech cables. I just tried saving around 300 bucks for unlimited vins and dont think its a crime to save few bucks buying aftermarket stuff. They said they were using aftermarket chips instead rosstech cables.

if this feels sketchy, then may be buying a used cars parts and after market stuff is ripping off Audi too. its just hussling thru the life.
    Dude. Aftermarket chips arent a thing. Its either a genuine Ross-tech or its a pirated clone chip. The latter being illegal as its stolen IP and realistically likely won't work with the legitimate software anyway.

There is a HUGE difference between hustling through life (is that what kids are saying these days??) and stealing. Glad you ponied up for a legitimate one. I bought one back in 2010 and its one of the best purchases I've made for my cars, no question at all.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - R8 V10 Coils and Spark Plugs - AMI retrofit - Mk2 RNS-E
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    Dude. Aftermarket chips arent a thing. Its either a genuine Ross-tech or its a pirated clone chip. The latter being illegal as its stolen IP and realistically likely won't work with the legitimate software anyway.

There is a HUGE difference between hustling through life (is that what kids are saying these days??) and stealing. Glad you ponied up for a legitimate one. I bought one back in 2010 and its one of the best purchases I've made for my cars, no question at all.
    I bought a legit one too and all my audi friends say its the best purchase I ever made lol.

2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    20 days? I bought a paint repair kit on tuesday from FREAKING TURKEY, like the damn country in the middle east, and it was supposed to have arrived today except FedEx said nobody was here (which isn't true). So, no I call BS.

Other than the shipping, yea no REAL cable is going to be $100. And the delays could be because it drop-shipped from Shenzhen.
    International shipping is very hit or miss and size or what it is could mean a lot.

I got quoted up to 3 weeks for a LOBA LO400L from Europe to the US.

AZ Member #

I bought a legit one too and all my audi friends say its the best purchase I ever made lol.

Hah! A few friends of mine would agree with that sentiment.
    -CP

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    International shipping is very hit or miss and size or what it is could mean a lot.

I got quoted up to 3 weeks for a LOBA LO400L from Europe to the US.
    Oh Iím sure size, weight, and value are a huge determining factor in international shipping, particularly with customs delays.
    -CP

Veteran Member Four Rings texasboy21's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1983 Chevy Silverado

From the ad...

"Firstly, this is NOT the original RossTech VAG-COM kit as sold for $600+ on their website.."
    2016 S3 Prestige

2005.5 A4 2.0t quattro
    Borg Warner EFR 6758
    Pag Parts rods/inlet pipe/FMIC/manifold/downpipe
    Eurodyne Maestro
    Eurodyne Boost Manager Plus
    StopTech 332mm BBK
    Stasis Touring suspension
    Misc. JHM and 034

Veteran Member Four Rings Jay-Bee's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 Avant 2.0T

FWIW this is an excellent alternative tool (or in my case a glovebox Backup)

65 bucks, hand held scanner, can access almost any module, measuring block, adaptation and output test.

Could have had it at your door in 24 hours lol.

https://www.amazon.ca/Xtool-Vag401-O...s%2C189&sr=8-1
    2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T Stage 1 WinOLS tune
    2004 VW Golf TDI Stage 1 [VNT-17 turbo, EGR delete]

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Hugh@EuropaParts's Avatar
    AZ Member #

haha... spot on.

Hubert
    EuropaParts.com, Your Trusted Audi Parts Source
    Phone: 800.877.7033 x 101
    Email: hubert@europaparts.com
    Facebook: Like Us on Facebook

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Hugh@EuropaParts's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by texasboy21 View Post
    From the ad...

"Firstly, this is NOT the original RossTech VAG-COM kit as sold for $600+ on their website.."
    $199 shipped at europaparts.
    Hubert
    EuropaParts.com, Your Trusted Audi Parts Source
    Phone: 800.877.7033 x 101
    Email: hubert@europaparts.com
    Facebook: Like Us on Facebook

Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh@EuropaParts View Post
    haha... spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh@EuropaParts View Post
    $199 shipped at europaparts.
    If you need a legit vag cable & fast shipping . This is the dude to get it from
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,DTM frt bmpr and rs4 fogs,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

Active Member Two Rings abbottcostello's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1967 Porsche 912, 1976 Porsche 924

From their website:
    Delivery times:

If you live here: Your product will arrive in:

Australia (+ Tracking) 5 working days

USA (Tracking via USPS) 5 working days**

Everywhere else (+ Tracking) 15-19 working days
    **I added red text.

They don't specify that it's from your order date, but DO say "shipped to your door within 24 hrs., so I would expect a 6 workday eta.

What I am unsure of & would like is someone to explain to me how you determine that this software is being sold illegitimately. I am pretty "fair" at spotting things that seem "too good to be true" and have had available to me "unlocked" Windows xx discs, but always preferred to stick with a registered copy. Not saying I never did anything illegal "software wise", but my comfort zone is on the legal side of the fence.
    What I am asking is how the heck do you know for a fact this is pirated software. I am not being facetious, would just like to add to my ability to spot this type of scam.I used to keep up with all things technical, but in the past few years (OK, many years) things have just taken off to where I just learn enough to get by in my day to day. These days I rely more & more on my son's knowhow.
    Also, I'll add - just the feel/vibe I got from that site put me off! If or when I decide to buy diagnostic type software, I'll be contacting Hugh at Europa Parts!

AZ Member #

never buy any products from totalcardiagnostics.com

The software isnít pirated. Rosstech lets you download their software for free. Their cables, however, have serial numbers and cryptographic signatures that ďhandshakeĒ with their software to verify authenticity and then allow the software to work properly.

So these guys are buying cloned chips, basically knockoff chips that some factory in China have produced with cloned firmware based on rosstechís proprietary IP. The chip in this knockoff cable violates their IP, thatís the problem here and this place is fairly blatant about explaining that about their cables.

The easiest way to spot is is how the cable is labeled. Ross-Tech calls their cables HEX-CAN and HEX-NET, etc. these have generic names like VAG18.9 and shit like that.

The other thing, Ross-Tech updates their blacklist for knockoff devices so itís entirely likely these knockoff cables will get locked out in future software versions as well.

IMO Ross-Tech makes an amazing piece of software that provides SO much value to VAG owners itís really a shame not to support them and try to skirt things by buying a knockoff cable.
    -CP

Active Member Two Rings abbottcostello's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1967 Porsche 912, 1976 Porsche 924

Thanks Charles! Just went on Ross-Tech forums, reading topic on spotting a fake clone cable, seems even those who think they've been cautious get burned, didn't realize this was such a lucrative item to imitate!

So bottom line to me is the old "if it seems too good to be true...."! Knock-offs are bad enough, but when those knockoffs use the original developer's software, that's just nasty, lowlife shit.

Send that crap back & demand a refund for sure, Jeevan!