Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 SQ5, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 S5

034 Motorsports Sway Bar and End Links

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I just had the O34 motorsports sway bar and end link installed in my wife's 2016 Audi SQ5. After about a week of driving without rain or the end link being wet, there is an annoying creaking sound coming from both sides of the rear. I thought in time the noise will disappear, however, after a month or so the annoying creaking is still there. I was walking my dog on the sidewalk and my wife passed by and the creaking was loud enough for me to hear it from the road....very embarrassing noise especially coming from an Audi. It reminded me of my grandfather's car back in the 80's. I took my car back to Pacific German who installed it, spent over an hour waiting and they regreased it with their special grease. I drove away excited and happy, however, the creaking noise was still there!!!!! Very frustrating. I googled this issue and seems that my car is not the only one with this noise.

I have another appointment with Pacific German and I'm hoping someone can tell me what is wrong so I don't have to waste my time again at the shop. I'm going to call 034 motorsports as soon as they open on Monday and I'm hoping they can resolve this issue.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

A couple suggestions.

Wrap the bar where the bushings contact it with Teflon tape, this works in concert with the grease but has a lasting effect. If this doesnít remedy it I would suggest returning to the stock end links. I have yet to hear of a failure of the stock links but Iíve heard plenty about noise created by aftermarket links.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

Make sure they torque the end-link bolts with the car sitting on its wheels. Torquing it down with the wheels hanging, like on jack stands, can cause squeaking.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

If it's greased it's probably the end links mine I grease maybe a couple times a year and it's silent. I would want to know if they torqued it with the suspension loaded or not. I do not have end links but any aftermarket spherical bearing end link is at risk for being noisy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have had mine on for over 2 months now and not a sound from it. I would guess they didnt torque them down right. I read a lot about that so I was anal when I did mine and so far so good.
    '16 SQ5 Lava Grey Pearl - Prestige Black Out - 034 Xbrace,RSB,Endlinks (AWESOME) - APR Open Intake/034 Intake Hose - AWE Exhaust -Stealth Hitch -
    '07 B7 Black Titanium S-Line A4 with 6 speed MT, JHM Test Pipe and Exhaust, KW v1 Coil-overs, JHM Stage 2 tune

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by djn876 View Post
    If it's greased it's probably the end links mine I grease maybe a couple times a year and it's silent. I would want to know if they torqued it with the suspension loaded or not. I do not have end links but any aftermarket spherical bearing end link is at risk for being noisy.

This. From the S5 forum the spherical endlinks do have to be torqued properly but often still have issues with sound. Many people have gone with the Moog endlinks instead for this reason. They are absolutely silent from everything I have read.
    2014 Audi SQ5
    EPL Stage I ECU | 034 Silicone Intake | AFe Dry Pro Filter w/ Airbox Mod | Snow Screen Removed
    EPL TCU upgrade | 034 Transmission Mount Insert | Supreme 15mm/20mm spacers
    Hoen H11 Fogs | DeAutoLED Interiors & Reverse Lights | OEM Q5 Rubber Floor Mats | Armrest Organizer

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks for all your responses. I'll note these suggestions and pass it on to the shop.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into Moog endlinks, where can I get them?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by justforfun View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'll look into Moog endlinks, where can I get them?
    http://Moog K750361 Stabilizer Bar L...p_mob_ap_share
    2014 Audi SQ5
    EPL Stage I ECU | 034 Silicone Intake | AFe Dry Pro Filter w/ Airbox Mod | Snow Screen Removed
    Hoen H11 Fogs | DeAutoLED Interiors & Reverse Lights | OEM Q5 Rubber Floor Mats | Armrest Organizer

Senior Member Three Rings buggravy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 SQ5, 2019 SQ5, 2019 Tacoma

I just had the O34 motorsports sway bar and end link installed in my wife's 2016 Audi SQ5. After about a week of driving without rain or the end link being wet, there is an annoying creaking sound coming from both sides of the rear. I thought in time the noise will disappear, however, after a month or so the annoying creaking is still there. I was walking my dog on the sidewalk and my wife passed by and the creaking was loud enough for me to hear it from the road....very embarrassing noise especially coming from an Audi. It reminded me of my grandfather's car back in the 80's. I took my car back to Pacific German who installed it, spent over an hour waiting and they regreased it with their special grease. I drove away excited and happy, however, the creaking noise was still there!!!!! Very frustrating. I googled this issue and seems that my car is not the only one with this noise.

I have another appointment with Pacific German and I'm hoping someone can tell me what is wrong so I don't have to waste my time again at the shop. I'm going to call 034 motorsports as soon as they open on Monday and I'm hoping they can resolve this issue.
    While you're definitely not the only one with this specific noise, you may be the first that I've heard of that didn't have the issue resolved with grease. Yeah, they'll definitely make a racket if not torqued properly, but in my experience that's a really obvious knocking sound. My bar started to squeak within a month or two of install, and it took a sec for me to figure out the issue. Grease fixed it right away though. It returns about every 6 months/5K miles, but regreasing makes it go away again. Maybe you just got a bad bushing?
    '16 SQ5 - Sepang Blue w/Black Optics - APR Stage 1 | BC Forged RS45 w/DWS06 295 | Magnaflow | 034 RSB, endlinks, X-brace, trans insert | H&R Sport + Bilstein B8 | TAG blackout badges | Carbon Fiber mirror caps

'19 SQ5 - Quantum Gray w/Magma and Black Optics, Vorsteiner V-FF 105 w/DWS06 295

IG: @gravysq5

Veteran Member Three Rings WantaA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

well I had the noise also and just found out my bolt actually snap that connects the endlink to the car
    2014 Audi SQ5 Prestige: KW v1 // Vorsteiner VFF-107 22x10.5 // Quattro RSQ5 Grille // USP Motorsport Intake // AWE Touring exhaust //APR Stage 2 Dual pulley // APR CPS kit // 034 Trans Mount // 034 Rear Sway bar and End Links // 034 X-Brace

2015 Audi Q7 S-Line TDI w/ Sport widebody Kit: BC Racing coilovers

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by WantaA4 View Post
    well I had the noise also and just found out my bolt actually snap that connects the endlink to the car
    Wow was it the bolt that came with the kit?
    '16 SQ5 Lava Grey Pearl - Prestige Black Out - 034 Xbrace,RSB,Endlinks (AWESOME) - APR Open Intake/034 Intake Hose - AWE Exhaust -Stealth Hitch -
    '07 B7 Black Titanium S-Line A4 with 6 speed MT, JHM Test Pipe and Exhaust, KW v1 Coil-overs, JHM Stage 2 tune

Veteran Member Three Rings WantaA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by zeeke069 View Post
    Wow was it the bolt that came with the kit?
    Yep
    2014 Audi SQ5 Prestige: KW v1 // Vorsteiner VFF-107 22x10.5 // Quattro RSQ5 Grille // USP Motorsport Intake // AWE Touring exhaust //APR Stage 2 Dual pulley // APR CPS kit // 034 Trans Mount // 034 Rear Sway bar and End Links // 034 X-Brace

2015 Audi Q7 S-Line TDI w/ Sport widebody Kit: BC Racing coilovers

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Update:
    Took the SQ5 back to the shop today and the shop still does not know how to fix the problem. They greased, cleaned and do other things but creaking is still there. The shop said that the noise is definitely annoying and it's absolutely the end links. I talked to 034 motorsports and they said its not the end links since they installed hundreds in cars with no issues. Today, I received an email from 034 motorsports to send back the end links and reinstall the stocks.

Question: Will the 034 motorsports swaybar and stock end links work well together?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I've been running stock end links since I put the bar on well over a year ago. You might even find the end links to not make much difference in the back since the stock ones are so short as it is.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hi All
    Iím in Melbourne, Australia. I bought the rear Sway and end links approx 18 months ago. The end links were stuffed after 10 months use, only about 12000 miles, knocking noise was unbearable and there is noticeable slack movement. Put the original Audi links back on and no problems since. 034 Motorsport might say they have no issues, but despite me sending them video and sound of the issue they havenít taken any action to replace. I put up a less than favorable review on their website and itís not appearing!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

If you spend enough time reading around the AZ boards you will hear over and over that spherical endlinks inherently have issues. All of em.

The suggestion I have read over and over is the Moog. I like many of 034 products but they know they have an issue with the endlinks and are in denial.
    2014 Audi SQ5

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Looks like Pacific German shop requested from 034 for new/replacement end links. I'll give it another try with the new ones when they come in. I'm hoping I just have a bad pair of end links and the new replacement ones will give me a big smile. However, if there is a tiny bit of creaking, I'm going back to stock. I'm sure that tiny bit of creaking will get worse in time.

I never heard of Moog. Where can I find them?

Veteran Member Three Rings SDV325's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12' S4

Rock Auto is the cheapest place that i have found.
    2014 Audi SQ5 Technik - Estoril | Lunar | EPL STG 1 | B&O | NAV | RocEuro | 034 Transmission Insert |
    2015 Toyota Rav4 - Family Wagon

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

Looks like Pacific German shop requested from 034 for new/replacement end links. I'll give it another try with the new ones when they come in. I'm hoping I just have a bad pair of end links and the new replacement ones will give me a big smile. However, if there is a tiny bit of creaking, I'm going back to stock. I'm sure that tiny bit of creaking will get worse in time.

I never heard of Moog. Where can I find them?
    Have you Moogled it?
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

Established Member Two Rings zatta's Avatar
    AZ Member #

For sure need some Moog end links, had my 034 goodies on for about 5 months and the noises are getting unbearable at this point. Anybody got a link for these moog links?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

5 months also might mean the bar needs to be greased, might be worth a try before buying more stuff.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15 E63S, 17 SQ5

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mo...+bar+link,7580

Thatís just from a quick search. Part number is K750361. Just remember they are sold individually

Veteran Member Three Rings mkasperzak's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Transition Patrol Carbon, Transition PBJ, Commencal Furious

For what it's worth.. I installed the 034 RSB and spherical end links about 2 years ago and have put probably just over 25k miles on them. Had it in the stiff setting two which I believe causes faster wear on links, bushings, etc. I've had an annoying clunking for the past few months, I cleaned and regreased and checked bolts and nothing fixed it. Car was in with my preferred local indy shop for ZF8 & Diff flushes and they confirmed the 034 end links were completely blown out. had already ordered some Moog's so they threw them on for free.... silence is golden!
    2014 SQ5, BBS LM-R & CH-R, VFF-109, Ecodes, GIAC DP 183/57, AWE Touring, Roc-Euro, Bilstein PSS10, 034 HX/X-Brace/RSB/Inserts, Thule Edge + Thule Flow + Kuat Trio, 9500xi hardwired, LED Interior/Fogs/Signals/Reverse, VagCom

Build Thread / IG @thebird_sq5

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mkasperzak View Post
    For what it's worth.. I installed the 034 RSB and spherical end links about 2 years ago and have put probably just over 25k miles on them. Had it in the stiff setting two which I believe causes faster wear on links, bushings, etc. I've had an annoying clunking for the past few months, I cleaned and regreased and checked bolts and nothing fixed it. Car was in with my preferred local indy shop for ZF8 & Diff flushes and they confirmed the 034 end links were completely blown out. had already ordered some Moog's so they threw them on for free.... silence is golden!
    Spherical endlinks burn out faster. No bushings. Metal on metal. Better for racing, not got for daily driver.
    2014 Audi SQ5

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mkasperzak View Post
    Just checking, did you install the Moog links in the stiff setting?
    Think I'll be ordering these as a replacement for the 034 links.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

So far, 034 Motorsports are active and appear to be interested in resolving this issue. They will be sending replacements end links since the ones on my car might be faulty. Also, installation error might be the cause of this annoying creaking. They are giving me an option if the new ones still creak to return them, hopefully for a full refund and return to stock. I just hope, if all fails, Pacific German and 034 Motorsports don't give me a hard time if I want to return to stock. Mainly, give me a full refund without an attitude. Already, Shaun at Pacific German is getting impatient with this issue....crossing fingers.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrcardon View Post
    Spherical endlinks burn out faster. No bushings. Metal on metal. Better for racing, not got for daily driver.
    Correct, I was sharing my experience as I believe the vast majority of Q/SQ owners daily their vehicles, racing them few and far between. If I were to do it again I would go 034 RSB with Moog links from the get go for longevity's sake. Still a slight performance upgrade from stock endlinks since they are metal w/ bushing vs plastic w/ bushing and they are much cheaper than 034 or EC spherical. Not complaining or coming at 034, nothing but the best to say about my many experiences with them. Just sharing feedback so others can make informed decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckem View Post
    Just checking, did you install the Moog links in the stiff setting?
    Think I'll be ordering these as a replacement for the 034 links.
    I had them installed in the softer setting. I've read that specifically on the heavier Q platform in the stiff setting you are going to wear through the Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings and end link bushings quicker than say on a A4/S4. I don't track my car, just spirited driving in the mountains etc. Soft setting feels fine, definitely noticeable softer than stiff/spherical but still a major major improvement from stock. I'm also on PSS10 and 295's, so plenty of grip figured I'd go with the most reliable setup.
    Last edited by mkasperzak; 07-12-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    2014 SQ5, BBS LM-R & CH-R, VFF-109, Ecodes, GIAC DP 183/57, AWE Touring, Roc-Euro, Bilstein PSS10, 034 HX/X-Brace/RSB/Inserts, Thule Edge + Thule Flow + Kuat Trio, 9500xi hardwired, LED Interior/Fogs/Signals/Reverse, VagCom

Senior Member Three Rings buggravy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 SQ5, 2019 SQ5, 2019 Tacoma

Knock on wood, I'm at 20Kish miles with no clunking. I'm pretty addicted to the feeling of the bar in the stiffest setting with the 034 links. Definitely one of my favorite mods I did, and easily the most bang for the buck. At $200 for 20K miles and counting on the links, I'm good with that ROI and think I'll have to replace them with the same if/when the need arises, barring other issues.
    '16 SQ5 - Sepang Blue w/Black Optics - APR Stage 1 | BC Forged RS45 w/DWS06 295 | Magnaflow | 034 RSB, endlinks, X-brace, trans insert | H&R Sport + Bilstein B8 | TAG blackout badges | Carbon Fiber mirror caps

'19 SQ5 - Quantum Gray w/Magma and Black Optics, Vorsteiner V-FF 105 w/DWS06 295

IG: @gravysq5

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by buggravy View Post
    Knock on wood, I'm at 20Kish miles with no clunking. I'm pretty addicted to the feeling of the bar in the stiffest setting with the 034 links. Definitely one of my favorite mods I did, and easily the most bang for the buck. At $200 for 20K miles and counting on the links, I'm good with that ROI and think I'll have to replace them with the same if/when the need arises, barring other issues.
    I'm sure others have gotten more than the 25k or so I got out of mine. I live in Denver and drive all over Colorado and we have pretty terrible road conditions. serious pothole issues and I often drive on gravel/dirt roads to get to bike trails.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

So far, 034 Motorsports are active and appear to be interested in resolving this issue. They will be sending replacements end links since the ones on my car might be faulty. Also, installation error might be the cause of this annoying creaking. They are giving me an option if the new ones still creak to return them, hopefully for a full refund and return to stock. I just hope, if all fails, Pacific German and 034 Motorsports don't give me a hard time if I want to return to stock. Mainly, give me a full refund without an attitude. Already, Shaun at Pacific German is getting impatient with this issue....crossing fingers.
    I installed mine with the stock endlinks...No problems!

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '12 Outback

Quote Originally Posted by buggravy View Post
    I was not willing to part with mine either. Mine started making noise at around 17K. No matter, that rear bar is amazing, and the links are the key to getting all of the good from it.
    034Motorsport | ABT | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Rotiform | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Unitronic | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Senior Member Four Rings BG SQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '07 CBR1000RR

Iím running the 034 RSB and end links on the stiff setting. No noises or issues of any kind in the 1st month. I am curious what the softer setting would feel like though.
    '15 SQ5 Daytona Gray
    APR stage 2 100 oct (e30) - BG TCU (via HPT) - Fluidampr w/iABED 187mm - aFe filter/034 tube/modified box - MercRacing h/x - AWE Touring
    21" Forgestar CF10s w/295s - KW Street Comforts - 034 mounts, RSB & end links - ecodes - deAuto LEDs - P3 w/ECA - VCDS
    11.721 @ 118.14 (track) - 11.50 @ 117.98 (dragy)
    Instagram: @bg.sq5