Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Lexus RC350 (Gone)

Who's got a fast avant?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I love the look of wagons, but the one issue I have is that in order to get a wagon, especially in America through Audi, you give up a lot in the way of performance options. I wanted to know what people had done to their avants to make them quicker and sportier and to also improve the looks (make them look a bit meaner). Drop some pics below with a list of your mods and specs.
    2016 Mercedes C450 AMG (Daily)
    2015 Lexus RC350 (Gone)
    E46 328xi Wagon (Gone)
    B7 A4 2.0T S-Line (Gone)

Active Member Two Rings AlexB7RS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Probably not helping the original purpose of your post as I'm not in America... but Audi RS4 Avant.

Engine wise mostly stock. Other mods include full KW V3 coilovers, H&R ARBs, Work Kiwami 19x9.5 with Michelin PSS, stock exhaust with centre res bypass by x-pipe, R8 coil packs.
    Plus a bunch of non performance related stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

There’s a lot of b8.5 allroad guys on here, lots of bolt ons avalible for them but at the end of the day it’s still a 2.0.. if you’ve got the pockets you could always swap in a 3.0 out of an s4 into the b8.5 allroad!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by carterbourassa View Post
    ...you give up a lot in the way of performance options.
    If you're referring to the B8 / B8.5 generation, that's false.
    The B8 Avant / B8.5 Allroad shares a vast majority of mechanical / electrical components to where parts from the sedan (A4) / coupe (A5), directly work on the wagon.
    There's also cross-fitting parts from the A6 / A7 platform people have successfully fitted (like braking kits).

I wanted to know what people had done to their avants to make them quicker and sportier...
    Is this beyond the known work of ECU programming / tuning, bolt on engine modifications, suspension upgrades, frame bracing, and braking upgrades that are easily available?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaseb124 View Post
    There’s a lot of b8.5 allroad guys on here, lots of bolt ons available for them...
    Correct; there's many many build threads and good information that's located in the master Allroad thread.

Drop some pics below with a list of your mods and specs.
    I don't have a large list to my 2013 Allroad (B8.5), but its a good starting point for what I use it for.
    - APR Stage 1 (91oct / 93oct / E85)
    - Eurocode Alu Kreuz Aluminum Drivetrain Stabilizer
    - OEM Q5 (8R) TDI front Brembo 4-piston calipers w/ 345mm rotors
    - OEM B8.5 S4 / S5 rear calipers w/ 330mm rotors
    - OEM S5 Titanium Triple Split 5-Spoke "Peelers" wheels 19"x9" @ 33mm ET - 275/35-R19 tires

...and to also improve the looks (make them look a bit meaner).
    Check the following threads for the B8.5 Allroad:
    * https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ces-Megathread
    * https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...tion-amp-Ideas

Good luck on your future purchase (and obsession).

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Veteran Member Three Rings b6a4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2001 s4 avant. Built engine and bigger turbos.
    IMG_0782.JPG

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
    2001 Audi S4 Avant. Black/Blue Sport. SRM K24 Hybrids.
    2010 Audi Q7 TDI
    2009 Audi A4 Avant. Ibis. (For Sale)
    2007 BMW 335i Montego FBO + Meth (sold)
    2003 B6 A4 Quattro -APR bits (sold)

Active Member Two Rings Hart376's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FCF89685-8B70-45F9-A767-7B5868BC374D.jpeg-4491264025704951757_IMG_0509.JPG

My B8 A4 Avant :

- IE Stage 2
    -ECS intercooler and charge pipe kit
    - k&n intake
    -gfb diverter +
    -Custom full stainless exhaust

Those are the main things I have done performance wise so far, I am going KO4 after this summer. I love this car so much, it may not be the fastest car out there but it puts a big smile on my face every time I drive it.

Established Member Two Rings darbyfam's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The guy in the E36 that I walked down the front straight at New Orleans Motorsport Park thought my Avant was fast :)

**2015 Audi S3 Prestige. APR Stage 3+, APR Downpipe, APR Intercooler, APR Intake, APR Exhaust, APR Dogbone Mount, APR 6 piston brakes, APR 19x8.5 Rims, Emanuelle Lowering Springs, Emanuelle carbon splitter, Emanuelle carbon diffuser, Emanuelle carbon spoiler, URO Tuning carbon mirror covers.
    **2015 Audi Allroad Premium Plus, APR Stage 2 tuning, APR intake, APR Downpipe, IE Turbo Muffler Delete, ST Coilover, Avant Garde M590 19x9.5", 255/40/19 Continental ContiPro
    **2010 TTS. APR Stage 1

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Lexus RC350 (Gone)

bluefox280 Performance wise, I was referring to the fact that in N.A. there's no "S" or "RS" models available for avants anymore, but they're extensively available in the coupe and sedan model lines. Outside of that I was asking out of curiosity because I haven't looked into Avants very seriously so I wanted to gauge ideas. Love the look on your Allroad though, that is the type of look I was looking for.
    2016 Mercedes C450 AMG (Daily)
    2015 Lexus RC350 (Gone)
    E46 328xi Wagon (Gone)
    B7 A4 2.0T S-Line (Gone)

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Mine is pretty fast. Put down 450whp/515/wtq on the dyno.

Veteran Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

bluefox280 Performance wise, I was referring to the fact that in N.A. there's no "S" or "RS" models available for avants anymore, but they're extensively available in the coupe and sedan model lines.
    Correct, the last performance Avant was the B7 S4 Avant. Why is such? The rise in sport SUV's driven by the consumer market is making companies switch their business model.
    Keep in mind that Mercedes-Benz still have their AMG E55 wagon available new that's US-spec, but it's a heafty purchase price. But the car is extremely powerful and luxurious.
    And the Volvo V90 is also a gorgeous work of art - however it's not a performance model either.
    The B9 Allroad is actually VERY good in supporting modifications, and it's shown the modded-2.0T is quicker than a matching supported 3.0T - the new generation EA888 engines at stellar.

Outside of that I was asking out of curiosity because I haven't looked into Avants very seriously so I wanted to gauge ideas.
    All depends on the generation you're wanting (for style) and how much funds you want to pump into the project.
    There are B5 S4 Avant projects that are Stage-3, but there's a lot of information you need to read up before wanting to be an owner.

Love the look on your Allroad though, that is the type of look I was looking for.
    Appreciate the comments! Exterior wise, my Allroad is the factory color-match lower fascias and trim, with the wheels / tires. The rest (in the photo) is stock OEM.

Good luck on the hunt.

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I know this forum is about Audi... but... cross the border to the North and get yourself a AMG C43 Estate. I drove it and it's pretty nice. Closest thing to S4 wagon that's readily available...

60k CAD MSRP... with exchange rate in your favor, it ends up being around 45k USD MSRP. Cheaper than S4 MSRP (which is at 50k USD).