Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #

Motor Mounts / OEM v 034Motorsports

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am looking at replacing my motor mounts and was initially going to go with the upgraded 034's.

Although the 034's are made of a higher durometer rubber than the OEM's to offer greater stability, I was wondering how they feel on the car, as they negate (I think I am correct in saying this) the tensioning that is produced when changing drive settings?
    The 034's have fake sensors to keep the ECU or TCU (not sure which) happy when changing said drive modes, I realize that they will operate very tight, which I guess is what they would be doing when in 'dynamic' driving mode. I'm unsure whether or not this would be an improvement as I will be putting on the b16 iRC's when they arrive.

So, in addition, I'd like to ask if you guys/gals think is the best solution is, as I will have fully adaptive dampening with the B16's, to go OEM and retain that ability to change the stiffness of the motor mount, or go 034 and lose the ability to change to a more comfortable setting that related to the setting of the dampers.

Please bear with me, as I am in full learning mode with the vehicle.

I fully appreciate the erudition of this forum. Invaluable.

Thanks in advance!

Established Member Four Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper/Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary

If your OEM mounts aren't blown, I'd leave them alone. No real reason to change them out and it's not going to make a difference you'll feel honestly. Now if one of them has gone bad, maybe consider it. But the 034's aren't blowout proof either and from what I've been hearing, their customer service has spiraled downwards. I had my own issues a while back which were finally resolved but it does give me pause in purchasing from them in the future.
    Instagram: redmist5 Youtube; https://tinyurl.com/redmistvideos
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red-Klassen ID M10/JHM Tune/AWE Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN/CR-15//ECS SS Brake Lines/Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts, front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts & Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head, tail lights/Maxton splitter/Red Trim Start Button/black emblems/VCDS.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    If your OEM mounts aren't blown, I'd leave them alone. No real reason to change them out and it's not going to make a difference you'll feel honestly. Now if one of them has gone bad, maybe consider it. But the 034's aren't blowout proof either and from what I've been hearing, their customer service has spiraled downwards. I had my own issues a while back which were finally resolved but it does give me pause in purchasing from them in the future.
    Interesting point you raise about their customer service, worth noting for sure. Thanks Ape.

I got the car back from Eurocode last night, they discovered while working on the car, that the OEM's are dead. I was initially worried about the 034's being too rigid. But I realised last night that I am always driving in dynamic mode. The only time I don't drive in dynamic is when I'm in individual mode, which has everything set to dynamic other than suspension, which is set to comfort. This leads me to lean more towards the 034's, but I will check out some alternatives due to the point you raised about customer service.

Fully interested to hear about any alternatives to the 034's that anyone has experience of, if any.

Cheers