Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Two Rings TK42ONE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by whitewaterguy87 View Post
    What is the carbon bracket looking piece on the bottom for? Also how are people getting to the t30 screw on the back of the inlet pipe? I'm having a hard time getting my hand in there!Attachment 127224

Send from my phone and I am trying to learn this shit
    You can get a ratchet in there or slide your back there. it's tight but can be done even with my meaty hands.
    Current: 2018 RS3 Florett Silver, Dynamic Pkg, Blk Optics, RS Design, Tech Pkg, PPF (partial),
    EMD lowering springs, 034 rear sway bar, Rse52 18" x 9" 265/30/18F 245/35/18R
    UNI Stg 2 ECU / TCU
    Fuel-IT Sensor
    APR FMIC, Turbo Inlet Pipe and CAI
    Insta: @12453_rs
    Best 1/4 10.983 127.7 MPH

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

What is the carbon bracket looking piece on the bottom for? Also how are people getting to the t30 screw on the back of the inlet pipe? I'm having a hard time getting my hand in there!Attachment 127224

That piece at the bottom helped me align the pipe to the bracket when I was installing. It also was a natural stop for the filter as it slid on. Also, I didn't touch the inlet.

Established Member Two Rings whitewaterguy87's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A badass Scooter! I've had an 05, STI & 1998, 3000GT VR-4

Is anyone getting smells in the car from time to time since installing this intake filter? I don't know why or how this could happen but I'm smelling the car a bit more since installing this intake? Has anyone noticed this of have a reason for it?

AZ Member #

Is anyone getting smells in the car from time to time since installing this intake filter? I don't know why or how this could happen but I'm smelling the car a bit more since installing this intake? Has anyone noticed this of have a reason for it?
    For me personally, after I installed my IE intake the car was hotter/smellier because I was constantly on the throttle to make the wonderful turbo noises. It's also possible some of residual oil inside the turbo/intercooler tract is now more noticeable due to it being a massive open element, or possibly even some of the oil on the filter itself gives off scent when hot.

Established Member Two Rings whitewaterguy87's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A badass Scooter! I've had an 05, STI & 1998, 3000GT VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by jl87 View Post
    For me personally, after I installed my IE intake the car was hotter/smellier because I was constantly on the throttle to make the wonderful turbo noises. It's also possible some of residual oil inside the turbo/intercooler tract is now more noticeable due to it being a massive open element, or possibly even some of the oil on the filter itself gives off scent when hot.
    It could totally be the filter. Why do they put so much oil on them in the first place? Do you think im getting some smells from the A/C of just windows with wind right?

Veteran Member Four Rings PinoyS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 catalunya RS3

Looks and sounds amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    work hard, play hard[;)

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Any idea on timing for the adaptor for the Ď19ís? Waiting on my car, should be here next week, and looking to buy an intake, turbo inlet, fmic, and anything else I need

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

can anyone confirm or deny that it's impossible to reuse the cold air feed from the stock box because the filter is too big?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    can anyone confirm or deny that it's impossible to reuse the cold air feed from the stock box because the filter is too big?
    Correct - no room for it. I suppose you could modify it somehow to make it fit, but then it wouldn't work if going back to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    I was able to retain the bottom portion of my intake ducting, but the APR filter may be a bit longer. I like the idea of water hitting the ducting first and running down the side versus potentially going directly into the filter, but I'm probably being paranoid. It also might funnel more air in that area but who knows.

I think you could modify the inner ducting fin to accommodate the APR filter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    2018 RS3 Nardo Gray: Dynamic Pkg, Tech Pkg, Driver Assist Pkg, Tint, PPF (partial)
    Tune: Custom-Code Stg 2 e85 ECU / TCU
    Mods: APR DP/Mids/FMIC/Inlet/Dogbone, IMS Injectors, Denso Plugs, DIY 4" Intake Elbow
    Insta: @jdrs3
    1/4: 10.888 @ 125.85 mph (8000' DA)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jd_rs3 View Post
    I was able to retain the bottom portion of my intake ducting, but the APR filter may be a bit longer. I like the idea of water hitting the ducting first and running down the side versus potentially going directly into the filter, but I'm probably being paranoid. It also might funnel more air in that area but who knows.

I think you could modify the inner ducting fin to accommodate the APR filter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    The apr filter is much fatter than that thing. You have to move that breather valve you see in the grey filter pic to even get it to fit. The stock front air duct is higher than that valve. As said you could butcher up the stock air duct, but it would then be only useful for your aftermarket setup and not able to go back to stock when you sell.
    The duct was useful for a closed box solution, but doesn't make much sense for open filter design as now the whole front of the ducting area is wide open so plenty of air to pull from.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123