Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Cleaner and protectant interior

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm looking to keep my 2015 Audi s5 leather seats clean and keep keep the leather like new.

    Any recommendations of a good cleaner for the Audi seats? The 2 tone colorings gray and black. And the gray has some minor stain.
    Any products to help keep the leather looking new?

    And some good cleaner for other parts of the interior of the car? Especially the side lower interior doors etc.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Established Member Two Rings RLwantsS5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    263458
    Location
    Bonita Springs, FL

    Quote Originally Posted by 2by2handsofblue View Post
    I'm looking to keep my 2015 Audi s5 leather seats clean and keep keep the leather like new.

    Any recommendations of a good cleaner for the Audi seats? The 2 tone colorings gray and black. And the gray has some minor stain.
    Any products to help keep the leather looking new?

    And some good cleaner for other parts of the interior of the car? Especially the side lower interior doors etc.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Leatherique. Love it. Brings seats and steering wheel back to life. Matte finish, wont totally eliminate wrinkles but def makes them less obvious. You will love it. Follow directions.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Three Rings MugelloB7RS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06 2015
    AZ Member #
    313804
    Location
    Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by RLwantsS5 View Post
    Leatherique. Love it. Brings seats and steering wheel back to life. Matte finish, wont totally eliminate wrinkles but def makes them less obvious. You will love it. Follow directions.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    x2 for leatherique. I usually use the rejuvenatior oil at least once a year for a deep clean and prestine clean for regular maintenance cleans. Stuff works really well.

  4. #4
    Established Member Two Rings RLwantsS5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    263458
    Location
    Bonita Springs, FL

    Leave leatherique conditioner in bright sun for 12-24hrs. Dont sit in it. Apply liberally (i used plastic gloves) and massaged deep into seats and crevices. Let it sit. Most important. Use the prestige clean afterwards. I guarantee if u do it right. Youll be amazed.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  5. #5
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Thanks.
    Does it leave a strong smell? I don't care for it if it has a strong odor.

    Also what about products that can clean leather?

    How often do you guys use the leather conditioner?

    What about the dash etc.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Three Rings MugelloB7RS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06 2015
    AZ Member #
    313804
    Location
    Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by 2by2handsofblue View Post
    Thanks.
    Does it leave a strong smell? I don't care for it if it has a strong odor.

    Also what about products that can clean leather?

    How often do you guys use the leather conditioner?

    What about the dash etc.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Mine didn't have a strong smell.

    Leatherique has 2 products. One is call rejuvenator oil. I use that once or twice a year as that sinks into the top layer of the leather to help bring any dirt/debris to the surface and help condition the leather at the same time. Then they also have Prestine clean which is their leather cleaner. You use that to remove the rejuvenator oil or it can be used on it's own as a leather cleaner.

    As for the dash, I use carpro inside, but many APC's diluted to a weaker strength would work too.

  7. #7
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Thanks

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Active Member One Ring Aztec71186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83159
    My Garage
    2006 S4 25quattro #82
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    +1 for leatherique, itís a two part system and for leather is the best, a little counterintuitive since you first apply the ďconditionerĒ (rejuvenator oil) and let it as mentioned on the post above and then use the cleaner ďprestine cleanĒ just follow the directions and the results are amazing, no need to put anything after as most ďleather conditionersĒ leave a nasty greasy residue thatís not in any way beneficial to leather. Unless youíre into shiny greasy interiors. As for the dash I use something like Einzett cockpit cleaner although I believe they changed the name and it may be a little too strong. Another good option that I personally use and like is sonax dashboard cleaner matte finish, it doesnít leave greasy or shiny residue behind but itís supposed to leave a protective layer and looks like nothing is on the dash you can also use it for the plastic on doors etc. Again just follow product directions.

  9. #9
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztec71186 View Post
    +1 for leatherique, itís a two part system and for leather is the best, a little counterintuitive since you first apply the ďconditionerĒ (rejuvenator oil) and let it as mentioned on the post above and then use the cleaner ďprestine cleanĒ just follow the directions and the results are amazing, no need to put anything after as most ďleather conditionersĒ leave a nasty greasy residue thatís not in any way beneficial to leather. Unless youíre into shiny greasy interiors. As for the dash I use something like Einzett cockpit cleaner although I believe they changed the name and it may be a little too strong. Another good option that I personally use and like is sonax dashboard cleaner matte finish, it doesnít leave greasy or shiny residue behind but itís supposed to leave a protective layer and looks like nothing is on the dash you can also use it for the plastic on doors etc. Again just follow product directions.
    Oh I don't want any greasy conditioner.

    Ok thanks.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    What about the interior windows? Especially the inside of the front windshield. Any suggestions in a good cleaner? Obviously it would need to be ammonia free cause of my tints.
    I've tried using some cleaners for the inside windshield. But always get streak Mark's. Like it never really cleans it all the way. It could of been me to.


    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Active Member One Ring Aztec71186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83159
    My Garage
    2006 S4 25quattro #82
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Glass can be tricky, I personally use meguiarís glass cleaner concentrate (D120) itís tint safe but the thing is I think they only sell it by the gallon and since itís concentrate you need to dilute it 10 to 1 meaning a gallon will yield 11 gallos of ready to use product, it also has a grape smell thatís not annoying but something to keep in mind if you donít like scents. One trick you could try even without any sort of glass cleaner just plain water, get two lint free towels there are dedicated glass cleaning towels like waffle waves and get one wet and wring it out to be just damp and keep the other one dry, fold them in to fours and make a pass with the wet towel first and immediately after make another pass with the dry towel, if you already have glass cleaner do the same but spray some of your glass cleaner onto the damp towel and make a pass then another pass with the dry towel. Hope it helps.

  12. #12
    Active Member One Ring Aztec71186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83159
    My Garage
    2006 S4 25quattro #82
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Also forgot to mention is better to spray the glass cleaner onto your towel and spread it rather than to spray directly on the glass, this way you donít get any overspray on your dashboard etc.

  13. #13
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztec71186 View Post
    Glass can be tricky, I personally use meguiarís glass cleaner concentrate (D120) itís tint safe but the thing is I think they only sell it by the gallon and since itís concentrate you need to dilute it 10 to 1 meaning a gallon will yield 11 gallos of ready to use product, it also has a grape smell thatís not annoying but something to keep in mind if you donít like scents. One trick you could try even without any sort of glass cleaner just plain water, get two lint free towels there are dedicated glass cleaning towels like waffle waves and get one wet and wring it out to be just damp and keep the other one dry, fold them in to fours and make a pass with the wet towel first and immediately after make another pass with the dry towel, if you already have glass cleaner do the same but spray some of your glass cleaner onto the damp towel and make a pass then another pass with the dry towel. Hope it helps.
    What about invisible glass cleaner

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Quote Originally Posted by MugelloB7RS4 View Post
    Mine didn't have a strong smell.

    Leatherique has 2 products. One is call rejuvenator oil. I use that once or twice a year as that sinks into the top layer of the leather to help bring any dirt/debris to the surface and help condition the leather at the same time. Then they also have Prestine clean which is their leather cleaner. You use that to remove the rejuvenator oil or it can be used on it's own as a leather cleaner.

    As for the dash, I use carpro inside, but many APC's diluted to a weaker strength would work too.
    What does APC stand for?

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Is this what the product looks like?
    Seems a but pricey. Just wanted to make sure this the brand you guys were talking about
    https://smile.amazon.com/Leatherique...gateway&sr=8-5

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    I also have another issue.
    I had a sticker on the inside of the driver side. My windows are tinted. I was able to take the stickers off, but there is glue residue. So what are my options to cleannitboff safely without damaging my tint?

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Active Member One Ring Aztec71186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83159
    My Garage
    2006 S4 25quattro #82
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Thatís the right product, as for the glue residue. Itís a bit unusual that there would be aftermarket tint under the factory sticker but if thatís the case then definitely no harsh chemicals. I usually remove them with a razor blade but that wonít work if you have aftermarket tint as the blade will damage it. I also had luck sometimes with a waffle wave towel and just water or tint safe glass cleaner just donít apply too much pressure, wet the area, give it a minute and the start rubbing lightly with your waffle wave towel little by little and check if youíre making progress, donít use a regular towel as that might damage the tint if you rub too much and with some force on the same area. Other than that Iím out of ideas.

  18. #18
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztec71186 View Post
    Thatís the right product, as for the glue residue. Itís a bit unusual that there would be aftermarket tint under the factory sticker but if thatís the case then definitely no harsh chemicals. I usually remove them with a razor blade but that wonít work if you have aftermarket tint as the blade will damage it. I also had luck sometimes with a waffle wave towel and just water or tint safe glass cleaner just donít apply too much pressure, wet the area, give it a minute and the start rubbing lightly with your waffle wave towel little by little and check if youíre making progress, donít use a regular towel as that might damage the tint if you rub too much and with some force on the same area. Other than that Iím out of ideas.
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.

    As for the leatherique, is the price about right of the Amazon link I provided? For the 2 bottles in that size?

    Again, thanks for the info

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Active Member One Ring Aztec71186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 29 2011
    AZ Member #
    83159
    My Garage
    2006 S4 25quattro #82
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Yep thatís about right. Itís not the cheapest but definitely worth it again just make sure to follow directions rlwantss5 already mentioned above his her method and itís spot on. You might not need the brush in the kit on the link you provided, I didnít. Results are great when done correctly.

  20. #20
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztec71186 View Post
    Yep thatís about right. Itís not the cheapest but definitely worth it again just make sure to follow directions rlwantss5 already mentioned above his her method and itís spot on. You might not need the brush in the kit on the link you provided, I didnít. Results are great when done correctly.
    Oh yeah. I was going to mention if I needed the horse hair brush kit. I rather not get 1.

    Anynow thanks.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Oh by the way, I was able to get the glue residue off. I was overly paranoid cause well it's my first nice, sporty luxury car.

    I just used a ammonia free glass cleaner and a little light elbow grease.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Any good microfiber towels to get to clean the interior?

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Established Member Two Rings RLwantsS5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    263458
    Location
    Bonita Springs, FL

    Quote Originally Posted by 2by2handsofblue View Post
    I also have another issue.
    I had a sticker on the inside of the driver side. My windows are tinted. I was able to take the stickers off, but there is glue residue. So what are my options to cleannitboff safely without damaging my tint?

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Goo gone. Safe on tint. Removes everything.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  24. #24
    Established Member Two Rings RLwantsS5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    263458
    Location
    Bonita Springs, FL

    Quote Originally Posted by 2by2handsofblue View Post
    Any good microfiber towels to get to clean the interior?

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    $13 on amazon. Amazon basic microfiber towels. 24 pack. Use them, wash them once or twice then throw away. Please try leatherique you will love it.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  25. #25
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 08 2018
    AZ Member #
    412179
    My Garage
    18 S4, 18 Q5
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN

    I use Rag Company 16x24 carwash towels. Durable enough to use again and again, cheap enough to not break the bank.

  26. #26
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Quote Originally Posted by RLwantsS5 View Post
    $13 on amazon. Amazon basic microfiber towels. 24 pack. Use them, wash them once or twice then throw away. Please try leatherique you will love it.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    I'm going to buy the leatherique. Thanks for the I do fellas.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    Registered Member Two Rings 2by2handsofblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02 2019
    AZ Member #
    488902
    Location
    serenity valley

    Quote Originally Posted by Diokhan View Post
    I use Rag Company 16x24 carwash towels. Durable enough to use again and again, cheap enough to not break the bank.
    Thanks. I'm going to check if they sell it on Amazon.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.