Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Bought 2015 Audi A7 with 43k miles and now the engine is toast.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I purchased a pre-owned 2015 Audi A7 with 43k miles on it on May 15th from a reputable Mazda dealer in FL. Everything seemed ok, very clean vehicle. Clean carfax. Hardly 10 days and 1200 miles later (drove 450 miles to get it) it started misfiring. I was only about a mile from home so I limped it back and turned it off. When I went to crank it back up to see if the misfire was still there, it wouldn't turn over, almost like the battery was dead. I used a jump box and got it started, but once it did, it sounded like the engine was blown. Sounded like pieces of metal were being bounced around inside the engine. I shut it off and had it towed to the shop that works on German cars. Now he says there is internal engine damage.

Is there anything Audi could help me with since I'm technically so close to being in warranty? I know the time from in service date is out, but the mileage is not quite there. I'm pretty much dead in the water with no car to go to work or pick my kids up etc. Any advice?

Thanks.

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up and to my attention, I know that it must be a very difficult situation for you to navigate especially due to the fact that you just purchased the vehicle. Have you had any conversations with the selling dealership at all in regard to the engine failure? It seems that due to these issues developing 10 days after the purchase, you should have a discussion with them to see if there are any options available for you. In order for Audi of America to review for any assistance the vehicle would need to be diagnosed by a certified Audi dealership and if that is a course of action you are interested in exploring, please send me a PM with your additional info so I can open up a case. I encourage you to do that as well if you have any follow up questions so I can be clear with you on our processes and the items we look at during our review process.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager