Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Steering wheel faded

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi, my steering wheel looks horrendous in my 14 A4 to the point where it is embarrassing. Iím the original owner and it only has 15k on it. The steering wheel has been fading for the past two years and it just looks awful. A car with 15k miles on steering wheel shouldnít look like this. I have two other Audiís with much higher mileage than my A4 and they donít have this issue. Very frustrating as this is obviously a defective in the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shuga; 06-04-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hi Shuga,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, that is definitely not the type of experience that we would like for you to have with the steering wheel on your vehicle. Have you been able to converse with the service department of your Audi dealership at all in regard to this particular concern?

Just so you are aware interior trim items such as the steering wheel are covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles from the original in-service date of the vehicle. Please be advised that there are exclusions to this trim warranty including but not limited to: normal wear, stains, fading, scratches, discoloration, damages due to environmental influences and customer caused damages such as non-approved chemicals such as sun spread, use of non-Audi approved cleaners, and/or lack of maintenance. Damage to exterior trim due to lack of care or due to conditions such as salt, industrial fallout, caustic cleaners, polishes, or waxes are also not covered.

I encourage you to speak with the service department of your dealership and if you do have questions please feel free to get back in touch with me at your convenience.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Audi A4 3.2 Quattro; 2010 Acura RDX (my wife's vehicle)

Have you tried cleaning it with a good leather cleaner and conditioner to see what it looks like?
    2014 Monsoon Gray S4 Prem+ | S-Tronic | LH Magma Nappa leather interior | Carbon Atlas inlays | Sports Diff | Adaptive Damping suspension | 19Ē peelers | MMI Nav | Bang & Olufsen | tints | VAG COM mods via OBDeleven | Autostyle Mats

Active Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by doughboy17 View Post
    Have you tried cleaning it with a good leather cleaner and conditioner to see what it looks like?
    No I have not. Iíve never had this happen before. The car sits in a garage most of time (as you can tell with only 15k on it) Itís obviously a defective product. I donít want to clean it with a leather cleaner because I feel Audi wonít do anything then.

Active Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Steering wheel faded

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hi Shuga,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, that is definitely not the type of experience that we would like for you to have with the steering wheel on your vehicle. Have you been able to converse with the service department of your Audi dealership at all in regard to this particular concern?

Just so you are aware interior trim items such as the steering wheel are covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles from the original in-service date of the vehicle. Please be advised that there are exclusions to this trim warranty including but not limited to: normal wear, stains, fading, scratches, discoloration, damages due to environmental influences and customer caused damages such as non-approved chemicals such as sun spread, use of non-Audi approved cleaners, and/or lack of maintenance. Damage to exterior trim due to lack of care or due to conditions such as salt, industrial fallout, caustic cleaners, polishes, or waxes are also not covered.

I encourage you to speak with the service department of your dealership and if you do have questions please feel free to get back in touch with me at your convenience.

Thank you,
    I called my dealer and they told me that they would have to look at it
    I find it frustrating that a car that spends most of its life sitting in a garage is having this horrible, embarrassing issue. A steering wheel should last longer than 15k. Itís obviously defective.

Last edited by Shuga; 06-04-2019 at 04:03 PM.