Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2019
    AZ Member #
    465016
    Location
    Quebec, Canada

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just got mine repaired for the incredibly loud air leak noise!

    PCV Valve / Crankcase breather was replaced by my great local Audi Dealer and 100% of the cost, including diagnostic was covered by Audi Canada under the extended warranty for the PCV Valve.

    They did check my car with GFF for TD1. Mine is not tuned but I do have hybrid ball bearings turbos with modified oil lines that are visible when doing the PCV Valve replacement. Took them 4.6 TU to complete TSB 2046644/10 and they replaced with 079103542E Oil Separated (Revision E) of course. Also, i am at 138 000km (85K miles).

    Zero dollars out of pocket feels good!
    Last edited by phil_quebec; 07-13-2019 at 06:25 PM.
    Current cars:
    2013 Audi S7, Hybrid Ball Bearings Turbos, Links & VCDS Lowered, 20x10.5 Niche Essen w/ 275/35/20 Michelin PS4S, DGP
    MK6 Jetta, H&R Race lowering springs, 19x8.5 Niche Essen, 235/30/19 Michelin PS4S - Daily Driver
    MK7 Golf TSI - Stock
    2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite - Stock
    Past cars:
    2010 Audi S5, Vossen CV4 20x10.5, Eibach Lowering springs, AWE Track Exhaust
    2012 C350 Coupe RWD

  2. #42
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    400823
    My Garage
    Signature
    Location
    GTA

    Hybrid ball bearing turbo with modified oil lines using the stock tune?

    Tell us more!

    and what's "GFF"?
    Current Line-Up:
    2015 Audi S6 - RS7 Turbos, "Mike's" Catted Downpipes, SRM Intake, APR ECU & TCU, AMS Cooling System, H&R Module, Eurocode sways and Alu Kreuz, 20 x 9 et38 & 21lbs each, 15% Ceramic Tint all windows except windshield, Xpel Ultimate - Entire Car
    2012 VW Golf R - APR in-house build Stage 4
    2002 Audi TT 225 Quattro Roadster - Big Turbo
    1995 Camaro Z28 6 Speed - Just Bolt-Ons
    2008 Kawaski ZX-10R - Kawi Green

  3. #43
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 18 2019
    AZ Member #
    465016
    Location
    Quebec, Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by 15 Phantom S6 View Post
    Hybrid ball bearing turbo with modified oil lines using the stock tune?

    Tell us more!

    and what's "GFF"?
    Sure! Turbos died on me twice! Although the second time they died (7 days after rebuilding them the first time, 70km later) it was my fault as we didn't change the oil strainer and we basically just put back the rebuilt turbos in and called it a day. Didn't work much!

    Second time we did things the right way, turbos were rebuilt by a local shop specialized in turbos and the CHRAs were increased in size (don't know how much though, I believe 4mm) and was also replaced with a ball bearing system. At the same time we changed the turbo oil feed lines to accommodate the modified CHRA and maybe a better design also. Oil strainer was then changed to latest G revision.

    PCV/Crankcase Breather was not changed at the time and we retained stock tune to help with reliability (looking back I'm kind of glad we left the ECU untouched as 800km later the PCV valve went bad and it was replaced to latest E revision without any out of pocket cost and had I tuned the car I would've been flagged TD1 during guided fault finding (GFF) as I was told dealers were asked to scan cars coming in for PCV Valve replacement with no exceptions, especially those like mine who are out of warranty).

    So in summary: Currently running ball-bearing turbos with increased diameter and reusing stock S7 housing with stock tune, custom oil lines to connect everything, latest G revision oil strainer, latest E revision PCV Valve. Also took the opportunity to put in new OEM spark plugs, new coil pack on cylinder 3 and also had to change the bank 2 camshaft adjuster that also failed during the same time due to a chain guide breaking. Running like new and no problems for now!


    I know a tune would probably bring the car to a new level but my goal was to make it less prone to turbo failures and overall more reliable. Next is probably upgraded cooling as these engine run super hot and i'm sure it could help!
    Current cars:
    2013 Audi S7, Hybrid Ball Bearings Turbos, Links & VCDS Lowered, 20x10.5 Niche Essen w/ 275/35/20 Michelin PS4S, DGP
    MK6 Jetta, H&R Race lowering springs, 19x8.5 Niche Essen, 235/30/19 Michelin PS4S - Daily Driver
    MK7 Golf TSI - Stock
    2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite - Stock
    Past cars:
    2010 Audi S5, Vossen CV4 20x10.5, Eibach Lowering springs, AWE Track Exhaust
    2012 C350 Coupe RWD

  4. #44
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    400823
    My Garage
    Signature
    Location
    GTA

    Quote Originally Posted by phil_quebec View Post
    Sure! Turbos died on me twice! Although the second time they died (7 days after rebuilding them the first time, 70km later) it was my fault as we didn't change the oil strainer and we basically just put back the rebuilt turbos in and called it a day. Didn't work much!

    Second time we did things the right way, turbos were rebuilt by a local shop specialized in turbos and the CHRAs were increased in size (don't know how much though, I believe 4mm) and was also replaced with a ball bearing system. At the same time we changed the turbo oil feed lines to accommodate the modified CHRA and maybe a better design also. Oil strainer was then changed to latest G revision.

    PCV/Crankcase Breather was not changed at the time and we retained stock tune to help with reliability (looking back I'm kind of glad we left the ECU untouched as 800km later the PCV valve went bad and it was replaced to latest E revision without any out of pocket cost and had I tuned the car I would've been flagged TD1 during guided fault finding (GFF) as I was told dealers were asked to scan cars coming in for PCV Valve replacement with no exceptions, especially those like mine who are out of warranty).

    So in summary: Currently running ball-bearing turbos with increased diameter and reusing stock S7 housing with stock tune, custom oil lines to connect everything, latest G revision oil strainer, latest E revision PCV Valve. Also took the opportunity to put in new OEM spark plugs, new coil pack on cylinder 3 and also had to change the bank 2 camshaft adjuster that also failed during the same time due to a chain guide breaking. Running like new and no problems for now!


    I know a tune would probably bring the car to a new level but my goal was to make it less prone to turbo failures and overall more reliable. Next is probably upgraded cooling as these engine run super hot and i'm sure it could help!
    Looks like you have the car the way you want it, I wouldn't be able to resist a stage 3 tune and down-pipes if I was in your shoes tho, lol.. With those +4mm BB turbos, you have a rabid animal waiting to be released there! Cooling is definitely required for this platform, good next steps..
    Current Line-Up:
    2015 Audi S6 - RS7 Turbos, "Mike's" Catted Downpipes, SRM Intake, APR ECU & TCU, AMS Cooling System, H&R Module, Eurocode sways and Alu Kreuz, 20 x 9 et38 & 21lbs each, 15% Ceramic Tint all windows except windshield, Xpel Ultimate - Entire Car
    2012 VW Golf R - APR in-house build Stage 4
    2002 Audi TT 225 Quattro Roadster - Big Turbo
    1995 Camaro Z28 6 Speed - Just Bolt-Ons
    2008 Kawaski ZX-10R - Kawi Green

  5. #45
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    385940
    Location
    NY

    As mentioned before, I had the letter and issue. Set the appt for today and the dealer is NOT covering it. They stated the contacted AoA as per my request to verify and no dice.

    They then quoted me $2850 to do the repair. This seems crazy. Anyone else have this done by a dealer? If so, can you send the breakout costs/hours, etc.

    I hate the local dealer and they have been nothing but pieces ofshit

  6. #46
    Senior Member Three Rings Bdubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31 2011
    AZ Member #
    76290
    Location
    Cincinnati/OH

    Just had mine done end of last week. 53.5k miles. A long list of parts and 7.6 hours of labor, all covered under warranty. What was the reason they are not covering your repair? Must have given a reason if they declined to cover something that is specifically called out on an extended warranty from Audi.
    Current: 2016 S6 - Mythos on Black - Stock (for now); Past: 2013 BMW X5M Dinan Stg 1-Exhaust-Springs / 2002 Audi S6 Avant - Hotchkis Sways, Catless, Tinted on R8 reps / 2007 Audi S6 - Tinted & Millteked / 2007 Volvo V70R / 2004 Volvo S60R / 2000 Volvo V70XC SE AWD / 1998 Volvo S70 T5 / 1998 Buick Regal GS / 1995 Camaro Z28 / 1995 Honda VFR 750 / 1991 Trans Am WS6

  7. #47
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    May 10 2013
    AZ Member #
    114947
    Location
    WE THE NORTH

    Quote Originally Posted by AWOL View Post
    As mentioned before, I had the letter and issue. Set the appt for today and the dealer is NOT covering it. They stated the contacted AoA as per my request to verify and no dice.

    They then quoted me $2850 to do the repair. This seems crazy. Anyone else have this done by a dealer? If so, can you send the breakout costs/hours, etc.

    I hate the local dealer and they have been nothing but pieces ofshit
    I would go to another dealership and see if they will do it. IIRC you will need engine code for it to be covered. They won't just cover because you feel like it's broken.
    C7

  8. #48
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 18 2016
    AZ Member #
    385940
    Location
    NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Bdubs View Post
    Just had mine done end of last week. 53.5k miles. A long list of parts and 7.6 hours of labor, all covered under warranty. What was the reason they are not covering your repair? Must have given a reason if they declined to cover something that is specifically called out on an extended warranty from Audi.
    Because the car is TD1. It was tuned before I bought the car and unknown by me and the dealer.

    Iím going to try another dealer. Can you send me the copy of your covered repair labor breakout if I send you my email?

  9. #49
    Senior Member Three Rings Bdubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31 2011
    AZ Member #
    76290
    Location
    Cincinnati/OH

    Quote Originally Posted by AWOL View Post
    Because the car is TD1. It was tuned before I bought the car and unknown by me and the dealer.

    Iím going to try another dealer. Can you send me the copy of your covered repair labor breakout if I send you my email?
    Yeah, sure...shoot me a PM with your email or phone number and I can email or text a pic of the covered parts/hours.

    You may have already done it, but if not, I would keep escalating your issue up the Audi chain...if the dealer sold you a TD1 car, and you have not modded, it would seem you were sold something different than what you expected and they should either (1) cover repairs like it isn't TD1 or (2) buy the car back. Back in the day I had a car bought back that was sold certified to only later find out the odometer had been replaced due to failure and they had no idea how many miles were actually on the car. Paid me full price for what I paid for the car, and I'd owned and driven it 12 months. Wasn't Audi, was GM...but if you truly have a case, you can keep fighting to get someone to listen. Just takes insane persistence...
    Current: 2016 S6 - Mythos on Black - Stock (for now); Past: 2013 BMW X5M Dinan Stg 1-Exhaust-Springs / 2002 Audi S6 Avant - Hotchkis Sways, Catless, Tinted on R8 reps / 2007 Audi S6 - Tinted & Millteked / 2007 Volvo V70R / 2004 Volvo S60R / 2000 Volvo V70XC SE AWD / 1998 Volvo S70 T5 / 1998 Buick Regal GS / 1995 Camaro Z28 / 1995 Honda VFR 750 / 1991 Trans Am WS6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.