Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Glass roof noise, 2015 Q5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I own a 2015 Q5 Premium Plus 3.0T, the warranty expired at the end of April 2019. My sunroof is making a lot of noise when the chassis is flexing during normal driving. Its coming from the back end of the glass roof and is progressively getting worse and louder. I have read numerous posts about this being a common issue on the Q5 but haven't had problems up until now. Please advise as to what would be the best way to approach this matter as I am just outside of the warranty.
    Thank you

AZ Member #

See this all the time. There is a tsb in which they do use felt tape all around the sun roof frame to try to quite the noise. If it doesn't the whole sun roof frame gets replaced.

Sometimes warranty covers it but it depends on the dealer and how much they will fight it for you. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Syzman View Post
    I own a 2015 Q5 Premium Plus 3.0T, the warranty expired at the end of April 2019. My sunroof is making a lot of noise when the chassis is flexing during normal driving. Its coming from the back end of the glass roof and is progressively getting worse and louder. I have read numerous posts about this being a common issue on the Q5 but haven't had problems up until now. Please advise as to what would be the best way to approach this matter as I am just outside of the warranty.
    Thank you
    Your best option is to have your Audi dealer look at the concern and see if they can obtain a diagnosis. If there is an out of pocket expense, you can absolutely reach back out to me and we can open up a review but of course the goal is for a matter such as this to be handled directly at the dealer. Please feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

thank you, spoke to the dealer and they'll diagnose the car on June 10th