Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring ChrisD0885's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Help my seat on my 2018 A7 lost seat color from head sweat !! Left me with two dark s

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have a 2018 Audi A7 3900 miles with the standard heated seats.
    So i was vacuuming the car the other day in 90 degree Florida heat of course i was sweating and dripping from my forehead when i say sweating .
    Needless to say some sweat dripped on my passenger seat like any normal guy vacuuming out a hot car in Florida sun . I finish my interior like normal hot the windows wipe the dash ETC...only using 303 i proceed to wipe off the seats and door panels like always
    And the spot where my sweat landed
    Literally stripped the color right off my seat.

What should i do
    Is this something that can be warrantied ?

And why would sweat strip the color off the seats on a 80k car ?

Please advise

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear about this recent development with your new A7, I'd like to see what I can do to assist. It might be a good idea to give the service department of your dealership a call for two main reasons. They may have some helpful tips and recommended products that you can use to treat the leather for this specific type of concern. They may also be able to refer you to a helpful detail shop who may have some advice for you. Additionally I recommend reviewing page 231 of your owner's manual with your VIN here: http://ownersmanual.audiusa.com/. Please let me know if you have questions or if I can assist in any other capacity.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear about this recent development with your new A7, I'd like to see what I can do to assist. It might be a good idea to give the service department of your dealership a call for two main reasons. They may have some helpful tips and recommended products that you can use to treat the leather for this specific type of concern. They may also be able to refer you to a helpful detail shop who may have some advice for you. Additionally I recommend reviewing page 231 of your owner's manual with your VIN here: http://ownersmanual.audiusa.com/. Please let me know if you have questions or if I can assist in any other capacity.

Thank you,
    IMG_4827.JPG

Thank you for reaching out !!!!

As you can see from the picture what i am dealing with the color is gone from the seat
    I have reached out to my dealer to help
    Me with the spots

They are supposed to be checking and see what they can do i had a leather shop look at it and try to touch up one spot to see if i would like it and itís just not factory looking.

At 1200 a month for the car i would like it to be perfect in my eyes based on how i care for it .

Iím just really disappointed that sweat Ruined my seats .

I appreciate any help with this issue

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hi Chris,

I'd be happy to open up a case here and see what we can to turn your experience around and get this situation resolved. Do you mind providing me with your VIN and contact information along with the mileage on your car? I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you!
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

AZ Member #

Help my seat on my 2018 A7 lost seat color from head sweat !! Left me with two dark s

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hi Chris,

I'd be happy to open up a case here and see what we can to turn your experience around and get this situation resolved. Do you mind providing me with your VIN and contact information along with the mileage on your car? I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you!
    Thank you so very much !!!
    here is my vin

ATTACH]123623[/ATTACH]
    IMG_4892.JPGIMG_4892.JPG

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Take some leather cleaner like lexol and a nice soft brush and clean that area. Just wiping with a general cleaner doesn't really clean leather or vinyls all that well. I find it hard, almost impossible to believe the color came out. I think you're seeing superficial discoloration from the salt deposits in sweat.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Audizine mobile app

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Was the seat color restored?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzuwu View Post
    Take some leather cleaner like lexol and a nice soft brush and clean that area. Just wiping with a general cleaner doesn't really clean leather or vinyls all that well. I find it hard, almost impossible to believe the color came out. I think you're seeing superficial discoloration from the salt deposits in sweat.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Audizine mobile app
    I had a leather company look at it the color came out of the leather
    I couldnít believe it myself
    They also said it could have been the pomade oils still in my hair from the day before

But i guess sweat and oils of any kind are leather kryptonite.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by livinlife84 View Post
    Was the seat color restored?
    No i havenít touched it the car only has 3000 miles thatís why itís mind boggling to me