Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What brake pads do you use?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey all. I need new rear brake pads. Is there a certain brand you tend to use? As close to stock would be fine, unless higher performance pads aren't much more.

I know OEM fits my description, but I wasn't sure if there was a similar brand that was basically the same for less. I see AutoZone has rear pads for $60.... $40 less than OEM.

Do I really need to replace the sensor?

Established Member Two Rings rabbitdog's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Iím using ebc redstuff. Part of the plastic on the rear sensor connected to the brake broke off but the metal clip was still there so I managed to reuse it. It still works fine so will probably will replace it next time.

AZ Member #

What year model and motor? Not sure if rear caliper is the same for all, but it could be. You can reuse the sensor if the light did not go off. Just grab it with a long nose pliers and pull directly up. Don't rock it or you will break the small plastic parts. New ones are not that much. You can also go to Rockauto.com and look up your application for a variety of pads. No need to get oem, in my opinion.

Veteran Member Four Rings The Infiltrator's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2018 Audi S6 Prestige | Black Optic | S Sport | Driver Assist | Carbon Atlas
    Mike's 300c DP's | AWE Touring w/Black Tips | AWE S-FLO II Intake | Power Stop Z16 Ceramic Pads | ECSTuning Trans & Diff Mounts | Vertini RF1.1 20x9 +25 Brushed Titanium 22lbs w/Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 265/35/20 | -15mm w/VCDS | 20% Tint

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bpd View Post
    What year model and motor? Not sure if rear caliper is the same for all, but it could be. You can reuse the sensor if the light did not go off. Just grab it with a long nose pliers and pull directly up. Don't rock it or you will break the small plastic parts. New ones are not that much. You can also go to Rockauto.com and look up your application for a variety of pads. No need to get oem, in my opinion.
    I have a 2016 A6.

Active Member Two Rings Valpo A7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Jeep Patriot; 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse; 2005 Gulfstream Motorhome

I like the Wearever pads from Advance Auto. New sensor from them is less than $20

I have not priced the rears but the fronts for my 12 A7 were about $50 for the mid level pads. I think they grab better than stock.