Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

New exhaust & intake recommendations

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys,

I've got a 2016 S4 with 29K miles on it manual transmission. Looking to replace the exhaust and do an intake. I use the car for work so really need something that's relatively quiet. Can't have a loud obnoxious leaf blower coming out the back of my car. Years ago I had a 2001 B5 and I put a Milltek on and I don't remember it being too loud. Any recommendations for what the quietest exhaust would be but still have performance gains?

Any help would be much appreciated. Also here's the intake my mechanic is recommending.

https://performancebyie.com/collecti...intake-systems

Senior Member Three Rings brs2c's Avatar
    AZ Member #

These are 2 of the 3 most asked questions on here. Please search.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 S4, Monsoon Grey, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, Nappa || Custom 3.5" Velocity Stack Intake, EPL Stage 2+, Fluidampr 183mm CP, iAbed Throttle Body, EPL TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler || VMR V804's (19x9.5 et45), ECS 2-piece Rotors, Stainless Lines, 034 SB, 034 trans & subframe inserts, ECS F/R diff inserts.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Search bar

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Iíve got the AWE S-flo intake. Just a touch of whine at WOT otherwise very quiet. I think the quietest aftermarket exhaust youíll find is probably AWE touring with resonated downpipes. Good luck with your choices.
    2013 Estoril Blue S4 | DSG | Carbon Inlays | Sport Diff | B&O | Black Nappa | 3M Clear Bra | 50% tint | Deval Diffuser | Lamin-x tail light tint | AWE touring + res downpipes | Bilstein B12 pro kit | AWE intake | EPL Stage 1 ECU & TCU

2014 SQ5 (wife's ride)

Established Member Two Rings Marc G's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Porsche 911

AWE Touring, nice, civilized.. well made.

Marc
    13 S4 6MT Sport Diff, etc..

Established Member Two Rings YSPAIK's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Milltek or ecs resonated valved exhausts since you use it for work. Loud when you want and quiet otherwise

Active Member Two Rings dshredz's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The Ultimate B8/B8.5 New Member's Guide (Specs, FAQs, & DIYs) - Read First!
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673319

Active Member Two Rings JeffSQuattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I run the AWE s-flo intake with the Touring exhaust and resonated dp. This is perfect and pretty quiet until you hear on it. No drone whatsoever

Active Member Two Rings JeffSQuattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSQuattro View Post
    I run the AWE s-flo intake with the Touring exhaust and resonated dp. This is perfect and pretty quiet until you get on it. No drone whatsoever

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

just installed a milltek non res cat back and i couldnt be happier. sounds real good. if you want to hear the supercharger cts turbo intake
    B8.5 S4

Established Member Two Rings jungy4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If you can afford it, I don't think you can go wrong with Borla.
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe AWD 3.6
    2011 INFINITI FX35 AWD

Current - 2015 S4 6MT

Active Member One Ring LtDangle's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If you're looking for quiet the ECS valved exhaust can't be beat at its price point.
    2013 Monsoon Gray S4
    6 MT - Sport Diff - AWE Touring Exhaust w/OEM Downpipes - 034 Stage II SP (Burble Beta) - 034 Motorsport Drivetrain Mount Insert Pkg and Subframe Mount Inserts

Senior Member Three Rings fstr n u's Avatar
    AZ Member #

+1 CTS Turbo intake...lots of whine...not overbearing....and easy to install.
    2015 Audi S4 6MT Glacier White w Black Interior
    2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo Triple Black
    1998 Chev Camaro LS2 Rear mount Turbo (710+hp/710+rwtq @ 14# boost at the wheels)
    2016 Audi SQ5 Technik Glacier White w Black/Red Interior -SOLD
    2010 Audi S5 Coupe 6MT, Daytona Grey/Magma Red Interior - SOLD
    2010 Jeep SRT8 - SOLD
    ​​​​​​​2006 BMW E46 M3 Coupe 6MT - SOLD
    2011 Volvo XC70 T6 & S60 T6 - SOLD
    2004 Audi S4 V8 Sedan - SOLD
    2002 Acura TL Type S - SOLD

Veteran Member Four Rings KRp220's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tonyboons33 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've got a 2016 S4 with 29K miles on it manual transmission. Looking to replace the exhaust and do an intake. I use the car for work so really need something that's relatively quiet. Can't have a loud obnoxious leaf blower coming out the back of my car. Years ago I had a 2001 B5 and I put a Milltek on and I don't remember it being too loud. Any recommendations for what the quietest exhaust would be but still have performance gains?

Any help would be much appreciated. Also here's the intake my mechanic is recommending.

https://performancebyie.com/collecti...intake-systems
    most people don't buy an exhaust for performance gains as they add very little, if any gain.
    AWE touring is relatively mild and is one of your best choices in my opinion
    the ECS valved system would provide you a very quiet ride for your work days, and the ability to open it up when you're not working or going for a fun drive on the weekend

i actually have BOTH for sale and i'm an hour away from you if you're interested in either
    2013 S4 // ESTORIL BLUE // 6MT// RS BUMPER // GIAC STG 2+ 3.2 PR // FORGE CC // SCORPION // JHM HFCs + TPs // ECS INTAKE // KW HAS // VOSSEN VSF5 // PSS 265/30/20 // AK // 034 MOUNTS // SB STAGE 3 CLUTCH // CR 15
    + ECS Diffuser, BFI shift knob, tints, sports diff, j-codes, Akebono pads, SS clutch line, Ceramic Pro...
    GONE 2010 S4 // QUARTZ GREY // 6MT // GIAC STG2 // AWE TRACK // ROC EURO // 034 TRANS MOUNT // H&R OE's // AG M610 FF 19x8.5 // + random stuff

AZ Member #

Modified stock air box with aFe dual cone filter and 034 silicone throttle body to air box tube. Everything you need to maximize airflow and give you a taste of blower whine. Nothing you donít need and no undesirable side effects for a daily driven car. This intake setup will support enough flow for even 11 second quarter and quicker cars. And it is budget friendly.
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | aFe Pro 5R (part#10-10121) filter in "modified" stock air box | 034 silicone throttle body hose | HP Tuners custom TCU tuned ZF8

Established Member Two Rings BlueSteW8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MSq5 View Post
    Modified stock air box with aFe dual cone filter and 034 silicone throttle body to air box tube. Everything you need to maximize airflow and give you a taste of blower whine. Nothing you donít need and no undesirable side effects for a daily driven car. This intake setup will support enough flow for even 11 second quarter and quicker cars. And it is budget friendly.
    For sure, one of the first mods I did.
    Stayed that way until I went Ultracharger with APR open CF intake.

Senior Member Two Rings MME1122's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have the AWE touring with resonated downpipes and ECS intake. The exhaust is definitely louder but not obnoxious, it's GF and mom approved lol. Cold starts aren't too loud and you can cruise down a small neighborhood, but when you step on it it opens up. Especially Above 4K RPM. It was louder when It was new, after a couple months it's quieted down a tad and I think it's a nice balance of sound and refinement without being obnoxious. It does add some vibration that you can feel in the cabin though, especially at low RPM is you give it throttle. The intake, same story. Noticeable whine when you step on it, very civilized on light throttle. Overall I'm really happy with the setup.