Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Itís a money making machine - took my Audi in for service and SA said letís get an alignment done. Didnít look at tires (no signs of misalignment), didnít even look at history that it was done 8k ago anyway (by PO probably conned into it too) he just said to have it done every 20k. Absolute garbage and theft.

IMO you need to take it to an independent and instruct them to borescope the issue and get their opinion. Let them know youíre on the edge of dropping in a new engine and donít want to spend too much if this engines toast.

Senior Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ps2cho View Post
    Itís a money making machine - took my Audi in for service and SA said letís get an alignment done. Didnít look at tires (no signs of misalignment), didnít even look at history that it was done 8k ago anyway (by PO probably conned into it too) he just said to have it done every 20k. Absolute garbage and theft.

IMO you need to take it to an independent and instruct them to borescope the issue and get their opinion. Let them know youíre on the edge of dropping in a new engine and donít want to spend too much if this engines toast.
    lol local honda dealer here recommends getting a wheel alignment once a year

Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Everyone is sitting around thinking of new ways to get your money.
    Goes beyond the auto Industry

Sent from my SM-G973W using Audizine mobile app
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    lol local honda dealer here recommends getting a wheel alignment once a year
    Itís one thing to look at tires and/or suspension and say to the customer - look and point - see how the inside edge of the tire is bold/wearing? Thatís due to either a bad bushing or alignment. Iíll have my techs take a look because a new set of tires is expensive. Thatís how you treat owners.

Not some scheduled alignment service with no abject reason other than literally theft.

Established Member Two Rings 8T_BoCO's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 A4 Avant S-Line

Sounds like the recent failure on my 2012 B8 A5 2.0T - started as a 68k misfire (coil swap changed nothing) and progressed to a failed injector, washing the cylinder walls. Result: no compression after replacing the injector.
    Indie shop wanted $9k for a used engine, on a car worth maybe $11. Not equipped to wrench on this myself, I traded it in for new VW with a 6-year warranty.
    2019 MT6 Golf Sportwagen S 4motion | Dark Blue

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ps2cho View Post
    Itís one thing to look at tires and/or suspension and say to the customer - look and point - see how the inside edge of the tire is bold/wearing? Thatís due to either a bad bushing or alignment. Iíll have my techs take a look because a new set of tires is expensive. Thatís how you treat owners.

Not some scheduled alignment service with no abject reason other than literally theft.
    I actually agree with the 10,000 mile alignment, that's about as long as any car is going to hold an alignment. Once you see tire incorrect wear it's too late, the goal is to avoid it in the first place. I've never put a car on the rack after going 10k since the last alignment and not found anything out. I align my own car 2-3 times a year but that's only because i can do it for free. I'd probably push it to around 15k between alignments if i was paying for them though.
    An alignment IS preventative maintenance, not something you do after damage has already occurred.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Audizine mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12