Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B9.75 A/S4

Veteran Member Four Rings SleeperCar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    shelving packed with detailing supplies

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmin23 View Post
    Our cars will depreciate in value, much quicker. There's a brand new 2018, fully loaded S4 still on the lot at a dealership in jersey. 71 miles on the odometer. Theyre asking for $42K. Thats not a good sign if you think your car is going to hold value.
    Link to said car? Are you sure they arent pricing that as used?
    2019 S4 Build

2013 A4 Scuba Blue Metallic - SOLD (never forgotten)

IG: @sno_globes4

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Three View Post
    What's next...2021 b9.8654?
    we will have to now redefine facelift lol.

B9 new MY 2017-18(states)

B9 refresh 2019

B9.5 facelift 2020

B9.5 refresh 2021

B10 New MY 2022
    2019 S4 Build

AZ Member #

The gap above the hood is similar to Lexus LFA, but that doesn't make it any better. The overall front end looks like a Hyundai. I understand most of us are in these cars so we don't look like we're in a STI or a Type R, but this generation will move way too far away from that IMO.
    On the touchscreen note, I'm out of the country for a few, and I'm renting a brand new A6, base model of course, but it has the dual touchscreens, I assume same as this will have, and I hate them with passion.
    First of all you're always forced to navigate between the two screens, when inputting navigation for example. The haptic feedback is really weird, even though it can be turned off. Fingerprint smudges are a constant nuisance, and of course your typical touchscreen issue of attempting to press one thing, hitting a bump, then pressing something else by mistake, then figuring out how the hell to navigate back to what you wanted to do in the first place.
    But at least the cupholders are in a decent place.
    I keep telling myself how lucky I am to have purchased current gen S4 before this shit gets implemented.

Active Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SHCKR View Post
    The gap above the hood is similar to Lexus LFA, but that doesn't make it any better. The overall front end looks like a Hyundai. I understand most of us are in these cars so we don't look like we're in a STI or a Type R, but this generation will move way too far away from that IMO.
    On the touchscreen note, I'm out of the country for a few, and I'm renting a brand new A6, base model of course, but it has the dual touchscreens, I assume same as this will have, and I hate them with passion.
    First of all you're always forced to navigate between the two screens, when inputting navigation for example. The haptic feedback is really weird, even though it can be turned off. Fingerprint smudges are a constant nuisance, and of course your typical touchscreen issue of attempting to press one thing, hitting a bump, then pressing something else by mistake, then figuring out how the hell to navigate back to what you wanted to do in the first place.
    But at least the cupholders are in a decent place.
    I keep telling myself how lucky I am to have purchased current gen S4 before this shit gets implemented.
    At least The A6ís screens are well intergraded into the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

True, but look, they still left the cupholders too far forward

AZ Member #

Audi has always had a problem with cup holders

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I too had an A6 and hated the touchscreen with a passion.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shuga View Post
    Audi has always had a problem with cup holders

truth, my wife always complains about the cup holders
    2019 S4 Build

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperCar View Post
    truth, my wife always complains about the cup holders
    Fun fact the first gen Porsche Cayenne did not have rear cup holders. (Major disappointment after going to Starbucks with it for the first time )

Veteran Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    AZ Member #

A buddy of mine posted a link to a German site with a scroller that lets you compare the same angles and visuals between the current body. Thanks to that site, I discovered another difference I hadn't noticed before:

Audi COMPLETELY got rid of the front and rear fender flares.
    The front and rear quarter panels are smoothed out all the way to the wheel arches. Why would they design such a desirable aesthetic OUT of the car!?
    #Trash

https://autofilou.at/vergleich-2019-..._P8nFDUjaBQm3k

2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by adamazing View Post
    A buddy of mine posted a link to a German site with a scroller that lets you compare the same angles and visuals between the current body. Thanks to that site, I discovered another difference I hadn't noticed before:

The front and rear quarter panels are smoothed out all the way to the wheel arches. Why would they design such a desirable aesthetic OUT of the car!?
    #Trash

It looks like the doors are junkyard doors. I do like the new rear taillights though

Veteran Member Three Rings mtlquattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by adamazing View Post

#Trash

The flares are gone but they added a buldge that begins right under the mid body line more like the rs4/5 so it's not completely lost
    2018 S5 IBIS WHITE COUPE
    11.01@127.12 via dragy
    SRM/EC GTX3582hybridCTS FMICCTS Downpipe/CEL deleteBMS JB4/BCMBMS WMIRoc-euro/ECS inlet hoseH&R springsRS grille/CF splitterWhite side skirtsNiche Misano 20x10.5

Veteran Member Four Rings richib86's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2019 S4, Quantum Grey, Magma red, Presitge, Black ops, Sport package, Driver assist, Dynamic steering, Carbon mirrors and spoiler, Xpel XR ceramic 35%, Alcantara flat bottom wheel w/ RS paddles, Alcantara shifter, TAG reflectors, JB4, DTUK TCU, CTS testpipe, Resonated Miltek, P3 gauge, KW H.A.S., ECS Intake scoop, ECS Carbon intake, ECS Intercooler with charge pipes, ECS Carbon engine cover overlay, ECS Carbon ECU cover, O34 trans insert, O34 rear sway bar, HRE P101 20x9.5 ET35 w/ 265/30/20 PS4s

AZ Member #

Looks like a cluster f*ck in the front.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I thought we were done with mascara look headlights.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 S4 Prestige, 2018 Q7 Prestige

Thanks for sharing the photos, looks significantly worse than the original pictures I had viewed (IMHO).
    Jordan
    2018 S4 Prestige, 2018 Q7 Prestige

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by richib86 View Post
    Wow thanks for the pics cant believe this car is out already ....thought wouldnt see it for another year....boy i hate those headlights!

Ever see those chicks cars with the stick on eye lashes this reminds me of that...if a woman was driving this car i would understand as it looks like eye lashes/mascara lol sorry just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G975W using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by danaeroS4 View Post
    Wow thanks for the pics cant believe this car is out already ....thought wouldnt see it for another year....boy i hate those headlights!

Ever see those chicks cars with the stick on eye lashes this reminds me of that...if a woman was driving this car i would understand as it looks like eye lashes/mascara lol sorry just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G975W using Audizine mobile app
    Itís not out yet. They send cars out all over the world for different types testing. Hot weather, cold weather, harsh city driving environments etc.
    2019 S4, Quantum Grey, Magma red, Presitge, Black ops, Sport package, Driver assist, Dynamic steering, Carbon mirrors and spoiler, Xpel XR ceramic 35%, Alcantara flat bottom wheel w/ RS paddles, Alcantara shifter, TAG reflectors, JB4, DTUK TCU, CTS testpipe, Resonated Miltek, P3 gauge, KW H.A.S., ECS Intake scoop, ECS Carbon intake, ECS Intercooler with charge pipes, ECS Carbon engine cover overlay, ECS Carbon ECU cover, O34 trans insert, O34 rear sway bar, HRE P101 20x9.5 ET35 w/ 265/30/20 PS4s

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '12 Outback

That is terrible.
    034Motorsport | ABT | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Rotiform | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Unitronic | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #

This also looks like base model A4, hopefully a loaded S4 looks better. Still not a big fan though.
    B9 S4 prestige, all packages.

AZ Member #

If the bass comes with everything blacked out I wonder if theyíll still offer a black optic package?

Established Member Three Rings Yabi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

@richib, great find! Definitely not for me. I donít like the front or the rear at all. Glad I have the one I got!

AZ Member #

I will say though... the screen was monstrous and I am jealous of the updated MMI. The piano black interior pieces were nice too... I may need to look into that lol

Veteran Member Four Rings will13k7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I donít mind the headlights tho. it's just the hood gap, squished grill and the ugly sensor + silver shape.

edit: looks like we are back to buying ecodes?
    Last edited by will13k7; 05-20-2019 at 09:07 PM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 S4, 18 Q5

Quote Originally Posted by will13k7 View Post
    That silver shape would be the first thing I'd have wrapped to black. Looks really odd without any other silver on the car. I know that's because it's a base, but still. Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised with the straight on view of the front. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would look. The 3/4 view from the front, however, I don't like. The way the quarter panels are makes the car look odd at that angle. The exhaust looks real, so that's nice to see.

If this is a preview of the future, I wonder what the B10 will look like? Maybe at that time we'll look back at this B9.75 and think it wasn't so bad after all.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

what an absolute disaster. I have loved my S4's, but WTF is this?

The B9 in general has been a total blunder. I remember when I was anxiously waiting with my aging B8 S4 for the B9, Audi kept delaying, firing people causing a back log starting with the Q7. Finally Hackenberg started moving R&D, but I really hope this wasn't his vision for the B9...

Audi's A4 sales are down compared to the Q5. I can't figure out why...maybe cause they look like this...the perk is that there is still the 3-series left out there.
    2018 VW Golf R // 6 MT // Deep Black Pearl

Past
    2010 Audi S4 // Stronic // Phantom Black
    2001 Audi S4 // 6 MT // Light Silver Metallic

Veteran Member Three Rings firstars's Avatar
    AZ Member #

lol those pics are making it look worse not better! Whole front end looks super heavy. Reminds me of a jetta someone stuck audi rings on.

2007 Cayman S Racecar For Sale!

2017 Raptor Avalance Gray Daily
    2012 Cayman S Track
    2013 S4 Sepang Blue Traded

Established Member Two Rings BLT10's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wow wow wow wow.

That is an absolute disaster. They need to abandon this design team ASAP.

2013 S4 - Phantom Black - DSG - Black/Silver Nappa - Carbon inlays - Sport diff - Nav - B&O - 19x9.5 TSW Bathurst gunmetal - AWE S-Flo - H&R OE - ECS 2-piece rotors - CW Pro

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BLT10 View Post
    Wow wow wow wow.

That is an absolute disaster. They need to abandon this design team ASAP.

Was gonna post that pic

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RudyH View Post
    what an absolute disaster. I have loved my S4's, but WTF is this?

The B9 in general has been a total blunder. I remember when I was anxiously waiting with my aging B8 S4 for the B9, Audi kept delaying, firing people causing a back log starting with the Q7. Finally Hackenberg started moving R&D, but I really hope this wasn't his vision for the B9...

Audi's A4 sales are down compared to the Q5. I can't figure out why...maybe cause they look like this...the perk is that there is still the 3-series left out there.
    I had/have the same issue as you. I wanted to skip this horrible IPad Nav so Iíve been waiting to upgrade. Unfortunately now that the B9.5 looks horrendous and has the iPad Nav idk what to do

Veteran Member Four Rings will13k7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Diokhan View Post
    If this is a preview of the future, I wonder what the B10 will look like? Maybe at that time we'll look back at this B9.75 and think it wasn't so bad after all.
    This.

Car Journalists love to call the Audi boring looking, following their cult mantra, but really, Audiís are the cleanest looking cars.

Too bad Audi is buying into it and attempting to add ďaggressiveĒ looks, S4 will look like a Civic Type-R soon.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by will13k7 View Post
    This.

Car Journalists love to call the Audi boring looking, following their cult mantra, but really, Audiís are the cleanest looking cars.

Too bad Audi is buying into it and attempting to add ďaggressiveĒ looks, S4 will look like a Civic Type-R soon.
    Donít get it twisted thatíll be the S5 sport back

Veteran Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by richib86 View Post

Dude, you are the real MVP. Thank you for those pics.

That front end is a fucking disaster - to put it mildly. I also hate the thin chrome trim line in the tails. I'm also guessing that aftermarket rear valence options are going to be more expensive and more limited since it's a larger one-piece unit that includes rear reflectors.

The huge inner door molding that continues the dash line is excessive. It makes the inner door cards look cheap. Something reminiscent of Hyundai/Kia design.

I'm still pissed about the removal of fender flares. The overall bulging sides just make it look like an overweight and unbalanced bland-sedan. If you cover the entire front end of the car in this picture, I'd guess I was looking at something along the lines of a 2013 Corolla.

I do like the new hood stamping. So... there's that.

2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Sucks they put amber back inside headlight.... Iím so glad I donít have to deal with that :)
    2019 S4 Build

AZ Member #

I think the headlights definitely look like theyíre from 2010.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12