Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thumbs down Cancelled Audi Care over 2 months ago, still have not received refund, or my plates

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Summary of my issue, I purchased my car from an out of town Audi Dealership on 3/8/19, and I included Audicare and the Audi Pure Protection warranty at the same time. After getting home I did some research on AudiCare and realized the dealership upcharged it by over 200%. I contacted them 2 days later (3/10/19) and let them know to cancel it, because I can purchase it from my local Audi dealer for the advertised price of $879. As of today, after numerous voicemails and emails asking about the refund, I still have not received the refund. The AudiCare has in fact been cancelled, and this was confirmed by my local Audi dealerships service manager, but I have not been given the credit. I was patient for a while, but its been over 2 months, how long can a refund take?

Also, I left the below review on Yelp, for anyone that wants to know how i Feel about this dealership after the fact. In comparison, I've have nothing but good things to say about my local Audi Dealership.

Yelp Review:
    To start off, If I was only grading the salesman, Sacha, he would be getting 5 stars, but since I am reviewing the dealership it drops to 1 star, 0 if I could give that low.

This experience post sale has been one of the worst of my life and I can see now why most people avoid going to car dealerships, because of the experiences received, or heard about.

Rather than go into detail on each item I will just list the issues I've had post sale and a short summary:

The dealership sold me a car that had not been smogged in some time, and the tags were expired. I was not given temporary plates, which is now a law in the state of California for the dealership to do. About 10 days after the purchase, I was contacted by one of their sales managers and asked if I could smog the car and send them the paperwork so they can get the information to the DMV. I told him I could not at the moment, because my car was currently at my local Audi dealership for warranty work, which happened exactly 7 days after I purchased the car and that I would get it smogged after I got the car back. I have since smogged the car, and sent the sales manager the information they asked for, but I have no idea if they received it or acknowledged it, because I have not heard back from them, and I still do not have my plates either.

The dealership also did not tell me the car was previously tagged as TD1. I found this out after I was getting the warranty work done at my local dealership. I have issues with this because SM Audi sold me an extended warranty, but did not tell me Audi has denied warranty work because of the TD1 tag.
    The dealership also sold me Audi Care, at an upcharge of over 200%, and also included a service in the Audi Care that was already covered by the CPO owner. I requested this be cancelled and my account credited since I can get it much cheaper through Audi, and have the correct services done. I still have not received my credit.

The dealership also has not paid off the loan for my trade in, and at this rate I will be liable to make a payment on a car that I have not owned for almost 6 weeks. After visiting their website, I also see they are selling my trade in on their lot. (after my car disappeared from their inventory, I assume sold, it was finally paid off, 7 weeks after I traded it in)

As a result of me not having my permanent plates, I cannot refinance through the credit union I asked them to finance it through in the first place. I showed them the interest rate my CU offered, and was told they would either use my credit union, or the same interest rate. Well neither was done and I felt extremely rushed by the finance manager so he could go home. At this time I should have known they didn't really want my business, just to make a sale.

I usually try to give people/businesses the benefit of the doubt, and rarely if ever publicly voice my opinions, but after all the domino's on this purchase fell this way I felt I needed to say something.

Also, as of today, 5/14/19, I still do not have my permanent plates, or a temporary plate. Car is in my garage until I receive one of them.
    2014 S6 - Glacier White - Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Black Optics - APR Stg 1 ECU / TCU
    2006 Dodge 2500 MegaCab 4x4 - 5.9 Cummins - Auto - EFI Live | 2008 Toyota Yaris 4D - Daily Beater
    Sold - 2015 Mustang 5.0 Premium - PP - FR PP Stg 2 - Roush AB | 2011 Mustang 5.0 Premium - Brembo - Catless H-Pipe w/ AED Tune

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hi OaborbaG,

Thank you for reaching out on this space to make Audi aware of the issues that you experienced after the purchase of your vehicle. We partner closely with our dealerships for these types of situations but the goal is to make the sales and delivery process as easy and painless as possible and it's clear that hasn't taken place for you. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to be able to engage my resources on your behalf to fully resolve the situation for you so that you're able to enjoy the vehicle. Can you please send over all of your contact information, VIN, and the personnel that you've been working with at the dealer to me so that I have a chance to open up a case? I will have a better idea on how to proceed once I receive that information from you.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hi OaborbaG,

Thank you for reaching out on this space to make Audi aware of the issues that you experienced after the purchase of your vehicle. We partner closely with our dealerships for these types of situations but the goal is to make the sales and delivery process as easy and painless as possible and it's clear that hasn't taken place for you. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to be able to engage my resources on your behalf to fully resolve the situation for you so that you're able to enjoy the vehicle. Can you please send over all of your contact information, VIN, and the personnel that you've been working with at the dealer to me so that I have a chance to open up a case? I will have a better idea on how to proceed once I receive that information from you.

Thank you,
    Pm'd info.

Thanks Vincenzo
    2014 S6 - Glacier White - Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Black Optics - APR Stg 1 ECU / TCU
    2006 Dodge 2500 MegaCab 4x4 - 5.9 Cummins - Auto - EFI Live | 2008 Toyota Yaris 4D - Daily Beater
    Sold - 2015 Mustang 5.0 Premium - PP - FR PP Stg 2 - Roush AB | 2011 Mustang 5.0 Premium - Brembo - Catless H-Pipe w/ AED Tune

Active Member Two Rings B5BRIXS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 107 S&S Iron eagle (for sale) 2012 Street glide (aka Summer)

wow, following!
    2000 S4.....yes its slow

GIAC Stage ?

low and slow(no im not bagged)