Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

RSNAV 10.25” vs 8.8”?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    What have people installed? Debating between the two. Does the additional screen space add much?

Wish the Q5/SQ5 10.25” sat a bit lower like the A4/S4 version (with the button behind).

2014 Audi SQ5
    DPL Stage I ECU | 034 Silicone Intake | AFe Dry Pro Filter w/ Airbox Mod | Snow Screen Removed
    DPL TCU upgrade | 034 Transmission Mount Insert | Supreme 15mm/20mm spacers
    Hoen H11 Fogs | DeAutoLED Interiors & Reverse Lights | OEM Q5 Rubber Floor Mats | Armrest Organizer

Veteran Member Four Rings apatchin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08' Ducati Paul Smart / 08' Ducati S2R 1000 / 2017 SQ5 / 18' Fiat Abarth / 18' Alfa Giulia Qaud

i have the 10 and i love it. personally i like that it was extended out so it would be easier to use the touch screen. Agree about the hazard button but because its such a massive jump ahead than factory i tend to not notice when im looking at such a beautiful display. I have had it for almost a year now and have very few gripes with it. I laugh that our factory setup was so dated. what ever size you end up with you wont be disappointed. There are a few other threads on this topic on the forum so search around a bit more, you will find more input
    08 Ibis 2.0TQ MT A4 Avant / Titanium / KO4

Established Member Two Rings vocabsr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by apatchin View Post
    i have the 10 and i love it. personally i like that it was extended out so it would be easier to use the touch screen. Agree about the hazard button but because its such a massive jump ahead than factory i tend to not notice when im looking at such a beautiful display. I have had it for almost a year now and have very few gripes with it. I laugh that our factory setup was so dated. what ever size you end up with you wont be disappointed. There are a few other threads on this topic on the forum so search around a bit more, you will find more input
    Where did you get yours from and did you install yourself?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Has anyone done one of theirs on a B9? Their kit says it fits but wanna see some feedback on it first. I had one of their 10.25 inchers in a previous car but didn't have any mmi integration to worry about

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08' Ducati Paul Smart / 08' Ducati S2R 1000 / 2017 SQ5 / 18' Fiat Abarth / 18' Alfa Giulia Qaud

Quote Originally Posted by vocabsr View Post
    Where did you get yours from and did you install yourself?
    I bought it directly from rsnav.com. only thing i upgraded was RAM and apple car play dongle.

Installed myself in about 2-3 hours. If you have all the radio tools and a little bit of knowledge on your car its a relatively plug and play install.

Veteran Member Three Rings Twista616's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Ibis White SQ%=5

I am also on the fence for which one to get! I had a newer A4 and it had a screen that basically sits on the dash. At first, I hated it, then I didn't notice it and liked it. I have to see both in person I think. I can't tell by photos. I like the 10" screen because thats what I'm used too in my previous car, but the 8" one seems to blend nicely. Decisions decisions.
    "I'm right 60% of the time, all the time!"

2005 A4 QT-SOLD // 2006 A4 QT-SOLD
    '14 SQ5 | Ibis White | 21" Stockies | More goodies in the works

Insta: @imgarretthess Tweetness: @imgarretthess

Senior Member Two Rings jerseyboosted91's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looks really good. I’m actually debating about getting this for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I'm about to pull the trigger on the 10.25" as its on sale for $600 right now, But I don't know which one I need. I have a 2013 Q5 with Bang & Olufsen. Would that be considered their concert/symphony option?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gary@Edition View Post
    I'm about to pull the trigger on the 10.25" as its on sale for $600 right now, But I don't know which one I need. I have a 2013 Q5 with Bang & Olufsen. Would that be considered their concert/symphony option?
    i have bang and olufsen and bought this unit, i was a bit confused at first as well.

they have been very quick to respond to any questions i had. Great customer service

Veteran Member Three Rings Bezlar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Rs3

Do these work with 18/19’s. Would love a touch screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 1/2 imola S4 gone
    2004 mini s gone
    2007 gti gone
    2008 mini s gone
    2011 ibis avant gone
    2012 iced silver tts gone
    2015 golf r gone
    2018 rs3 garage

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

does SiriusXM still work with RSNAV?

is it any faster to browse than the original system?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

As far as speed its just as fast or faster, but depends on what your running, like any computer you have to close apps if you have a lot opened.

basically its an Android tablet that operates through the can bus so you still have all the stock features going through your screen, backup cam, drive modes, radio, BT, & yes XM still works. But has access to all the apps, customization and apple car play capability that an android tablet or phone. #1 reason i bought it was for apple car play and touch screen, the 2 major things that B8's lacked. I could have cared less about any of the other features. Only other app i use for fun is TORQUE.

getting around is easy once you get used to it, you can switch back and fourth between android and your MMI system with a push of a button. But to be honest i have maybe looked at MMI screen less than 10 times in the past year of using it.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW Tiguan

Will the rsnav provide the same signal output and clarity as the original headunit ?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW Tiguan

Also does anyone have a screen shot or know if a YouTube video properly scales to the complete screen size on the 10.25? Thx

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by randyjo888 View Post
    Also does anyone have a screen shot or know if a YouTube video properly scales to the complete screen size on the 10.25? Thx

i believe they scale to size. the only thing that does not is the MMI system stays the same size as factory. I will make a short video today to show you.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

daniel kim who owns or is a main engineer at RSNAV is on this forum, you should pm him or email him with questions. <rsnav.info@gmail.com> & on audizine his username is : a4android

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW Tiguan

Thanks... I’ve tried emailing him directly. I guess he’s pretty busy sometimes to respond.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by apatchin View Post
    daniel kim who owns or is a main engineer at RSNAV is on this forum, you should pm him or email him with questions. <rsnav.info@gmail.com> & on audizine his username is : a4android
    Daniel is super responsive and very helpful. He has done a lot of work to make RSNaV the best most streamlined option.
    2014 Audi SQ5
    DPL Stage I ECU | 034 Silicone Intake | AFe Dry Pro Filter w/ Airbox Mod | Snow Screen Removed
    Hoen H11 Fogs | DeAutoLED Interiors & Reverse Lights | OEM Q5 Rubber Floor Mats | Armrest Organizer

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Yep. it scales at full size.

AZ Member #

Guys this does not mess with the original system at all. Everything functions exactly from the factory. Think of this as a layer on top of the factory system.

Has anyone updated their system to 7.0? I have an old crummy windows computer and honestly kind of afraid to brick it. I almost want to ship it back to China so Daniel can update it but not willing to pay for it.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Does this utilize the factory Bluetooth mic?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chawski View Post
    Does this utilize the factory Bluetooth mic?
    I believe it does.
    2014 Audi SQ5

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Guys this does not mess with the original system at all. Everything functions exactly from the factory. Think of this as a layer on top of the factory system.

Has anyone updated their system to 7.0? I have an old crummy windows computer and honestly kind of afraid to brick it. I almost want to ship it back to China so Daniel can update it but not willing to pay for it.
    didnt know there was one. just watched the install video. jesus. i might hold off on that for a minute. seems too complicated for something i probably dont need. Anything special with 7.0? im an Android noob.