Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings rhfosu's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Possible Scammer or hacked account - howardbmclean

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just a head's up. This guy PMd me about a WTB ad I posted looking for 18" VMR wheels. They are a too-good price ($700 shipped), and he has a sob story about his wife needing surgery to go with it. Text convo is a weird back and forth (demands responses, texts me at 3AM saying he's up peeing), but I want to see pics before moving forward. He finally sends me some low res pics of wet wheels with snow tires. I do a google image search and the EXACT same pics show up in a bimmerpost ad from 2017. I ask him to explain this, and he says it's a coincidence, and he can't explain it. He's "puzzled". Uh huh. That's not even a good lie.

Pics he stole for reference.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1379603

Admins, this guy is not really active. Please look to see if someone has hacked his account to run scams.
    "I don't understand Audi enthusiasts. They buy a car that looks like a bar of soap, then they spend money modifying it so it looks slightly less like a bar of soap."

Established Member Two Rings julianwh's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 B5S4 Stage 3, 2006 S2000, 2000 Miata, 2015 F-150 XLT Ecoboost

Yes, this guy is definitely a scam. Ignore him or call the feds. I posted a wth and he responded that he had what I wanted but was going too let his wife haven't it because he was out of town.
    Wife and I texted about shipping and they wanted to use a bogus shipping company. I ask them to call me but doesn't and send a PM saying he's tried calling many times.
    Buyer beware!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Audizine mobile app
    2013 Allroad Premium Plus Glacier White/Grey, B&O, Sport Seats, APR Stage 2 2.2, 034 HFC, 275/35-19 on 19x9 S5 Peelers , Bilstein PSS-10 Coilovers, Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Rotors & Pads, Silver S Mirrors, Window & Sunroof Tint, JL-12" Sub, K&N Air Filter & Cabin Filter, Hoen H11 XenonMatch Fog Lights, Interior LEDs, Audi Projector Puddle Lights, Misc Vag Codes.

Veteran Member Four Rings rhfosu's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by julianwh View Post
    Yes, this guy is definitely a scam. Ignore him or call the feds. I posted a wth and he responded that he had what I wanted but was going too let his wife haven't it because he was out of town.
    Wife and I texted about shipping and they wanted to use a bogus shipping company. I ask them to call me but doesn't and send a PM saying he's tried calling many times.
    Buyer beware!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Audizine mobile app
    So I'm not an isolated case. Admins, take a look at this guy please.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Audizine mobile app
    "I don't understand Audi enthusiasts. They buy a car that looks like a bar of soap, then they spend money modifying it so it looks slightly less like a bar of soap."