Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ccm junkyard replacement

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My b6 a4 had a bad ccm so I went to the junk yard found a matching model car but the part numbers are slightly different, don't have pics atm. So anywho I replaced the ccm with the junkyard one. And boom everything worked great window reverse lights sunroof.. everything except the key fob... Even the convience windows hold the door look to locked closes window and holding to unlock opens windows... But no remote unlock or trunk or lock function... What should I do, and pls don't say take it to the dealer. I only have one key... Can I reprogram old remote to new/ old ccm

Sent from my ASUS_Z01QD using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

You'll likely need vagcom cable/dongle to program the key to the ccm. Not difficult, if you have either. I don't have experience outside of Ross-Tech's product, but would imagine anything that have you access to the module would likely be similar
    This might work also
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...i-flip-key-fob

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nnlugo View Post
    You'll likely need vagcom cable/dongle to program the key to the ccm. Not difficult, if you have either. I don't have experience outside of Ross-Tech's product, but would imagine anything that have you access to the module would likely be similar
    This might work also
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...i-flip-key-fob
    I ended up finding out thru part numbers that the new ccm from the junk yard is from a b7 witch uses different key fobs and is not compatible with my older style key fob... Need an ccm from a model car with the same style key fob, witch basically needs to be exact body style, I believe mine was pulled from the 2005.5 with the new style key. I need another with the part number bb or cute newer style key. But that's the least of my worries now... Metal in the oil... And need to pop the hood.. broken cable... And I think I just popped a main fuse cause I have no electricity at all. P_20190430_191245.jpegP_20190430_191254.jpeg

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by seedefus View Post
    I ended up finding out thru part numbers that the new ccm from the junk yard is from a b7 witch uses different key fobs and is not compatible with my older style key fob... Need an ccm from a model car with the same style key fob, witch basically needs to be exact body style, I believe mine was pulled from the 2005.5 with the new style key. I need another with the part number bb or cute newer style key. But that's the least of my worries now... Metal in the oil... And need to pop the hood.. broken cable... And I think I just popped a main fuse cause I have no electricity at all. P_20190430_191245.jpegP_20190430_191254.jpeg

Figured it out... Different key food... Ccm is out of a b7 that uses new fob.. so they don't communicate