Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings InfamouS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Certified Pre Owned Headache. Help!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Advice on this CPO headache would be much appreciated!

I purchased a certified pre owned 2017 Audi A6 Quattro with 21,000 miles in the middle of February of this year. I have driven probably 2500 miles since I have owned the car. When I first got my car I did not notice as much that the car shakes when I apply the brakes. Itís gotten progressively worse so I brought it back to Audi in Calabasas to have it looked at.

They said I need a new brake job, rotors are warped and it would cost $1075. This includes rotors, pads, sensors, sensors and labor.

I told them how the hell is this possible when this car should have been completely inspected and in good condition before sale. It has less than 3k miles since purchased.

He gives me the whole run around about ďoh well you bought a used car. How do we know how you drove the car over the past 3 thousand miles. ď

He said he would work with me and cut out some of the cost to have the new brakes installed. The total came out to $440. This is the most that I could get them to budge. I took my keys and walked out.

Yes it sounds nice, but should I really be responsible to pay anything for a whole new set of brakes when I bought this certified TWO MONTHS ago?

I have been a loyal customer, leased and financed 4 cars in the past 3 years from this dealership and made one referral who purchased a car.

I am not sure what to do....
    Last edited by InfamouS4; 04-24-2019 at 07:36 AM.
    2018 Audi S4

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by InfamouS4 View Post
    Advice on this CPO headache would be much appreciated!

I purchased a certified pre owned 2017 Audi A6 Quattro in the middle of February of this year. I have driven probably 2500 miles since I have owned the car. When I first got my car I did not notice as much that the car shakes when I apply the brakes. Itís gotten progressively worse so I brought it back to Audi in Calabasas to have it looked at.

They said I need a new brake job, rotors are warped and it would cost $1075. This includes rotors, pads, sensors, sensors and labor.

I told them how the hell is this possible when this car should have been completely inspected and in good condition before sale. It has less than 3k miles since purchased.

He gives me the whole run around about ďoh well you bought a used car. How do we know how you drove the car over the past 3 thousand miles. ď

He said he would work with me and cut out some of the cost to have the new brakes installed. The total came out to $440. This is the most that I could get them to budge. I took my keys and walked out.

Yes it sounds nice, but should I really be responsible to pay anything for a whole new set of brakes when I bought this certified TWO MONTHS ago?

I have been a loyal customer, leased and financed 4 cars in the past 3 years from this dealership and made one referral who purchased a car.

I am not sure what to do....
    Hello InfamouS4,

Thank you for reaching out and for making Audi aware of this situation with your CPO A6. I can completely understand your frustration with only placing 3k miles onto the vehicle and requiring major brake work already. I am more than happy to look into this situation for you to determine if there is any assistance Audi is able to provide. There are a few things that I'd like to make you aware of that will come into play during our review. The first is the fact that the brakes/rotors are considered to be wear/tear items that only receive manufacturing coverage for defects for the first 12 months or 12,000 miles of service, whichever occurs first. The second is the requirements that are in place on the CPO checklist for the braking system. Once I am able to open up a case I'd be happy to share the particulars with you but in order to do so I will need some additional information (contact info, VIN, mileage, etc.).

I also see that you have been a very loyal Audi owner throughout the past few years and that is something that we are very grateful for. It is my goal to advocate on your behalf to turn this situation around for you so please feel free to send me a PM at your convenience.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager