Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Wheel lock key 12 A6

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi, my 2012 A6 doesn’t have the wheel lock key. Probably was stolen at some point. Where do I buy another? Are all wheel lock keys the same for a 2012 Audi A6? If they’re different how do I find out which one I have. Thanks

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Shuga View Post
    Hi, my 2012 A6 doesn’t have the wheel lock key. Probably was stolen at some point. Where do I buy another? Are all wheel lock keys the same for a 2012 Audi A6? If they’re different how do I find out which one I have. Thanks
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Your best option would be to consult with the dealership as they will likely need to use the master key to get them off. The dealer should also have additional information on purchasing a new set, but please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Your best option would be to consult with the dealership as they will likely need to use the master key to get them off. The dealer should also have additional information on purchasing a new set, but please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Dealer wants to charge me to figure out which key they need. Is there any other way to find out?

Active Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Can you tell by vin number?

Active Member Two Rings greatgretsch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Shuga View Post
    Can you tell by vin number?
    Maybe go to an indie shop that specializes in Audi. My used A7 did not come with the lock. Used car dealer had a master set. Gave me mine and reordered a replacement

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Audizine mobile app