Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings AFAndrew's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Corner Door panel Rattle

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Alright so i have a weird rattling coming from this part of my door panel. It when Iím on uneven roads and itís like something is loose. If i push it in a little it stops and Iíve checked and there is nothing thatís rattling and if i have the panel off itís gone. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings LYKUNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So you've removed the door panel card entirely and proven that the rattle is not there with the door card removed? If so, I'd check all the clips that hold the card in place, also wrap any wiring harnesses or connectors that might flop around while driving. And check that any screws holding things in place like arm rests, door handles, window switches, etc are fully secure.

Do let us know what you ultimately determine the cause to be and how you corrected it.
    2011 S4 | Prestige | Jet Blue | Black/Silver Silk Nappa | S-Tronic | Sport Diff | Drive Select | Side Assist | Titanium | Carbon Fiber Inlays | HRE R40s (summer) BBS RGRs (winter)

AZ Member #

Will do. Itís super annoying

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Corner Door panel Rattle

IMG_6032.jpg

I know exactly how you feel. I had the same problem, last night I decided to pull out the panel, and had secured all loose parts. Ha...*♂️ feels good not hearing the annoying rattle anymore.
    Audi 2013 S-Tronic | REVO Stage 1+ | REVO Pulley | REVO TCU tune | EurocodeAFE intake | ECS cross drilled slotted rotors | Hawks HPS 5.0| Vibrant 90mm double wall Stainless steel tips | Resonated Xpipe| RCP headlights & dual color fog lights.

AZ Member #

What parts did you tighten up?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AFAndrew View Post
    What parts did you tighten up?
    Silicone, double side tape, and WB Weld to fix some clip holder that was broken.
    Audi 2013 S-Tronic | REVO Stage 1+ | REVO Pulley | REVO TCU tune | EurocodeAFE intake | ECS cross drilled slotted rotors | Hawks HPS 5.0| Vibrant 90mm double wall Stainless steel tips | Resonated Xpipe| RCP headlights & dual color fog lights.

AZ Member #

Do you have a picture?

AZ Member #

Do you have a picture?

post #4

AZ Member #

I canít really tell in the pic. Lol

AZ Member #

I canít really tell in the pic. Lol

That's the only pic I took before installing back the panel. The trick is, check all the clips, pod lights, speaker/twitters, make sure they're not moving freely. Use silicone or 3M double side tape to secure them.

AZ Member #

Thanks man. Iíve used so much sound deadening lol still the noise Iíll recheck everything tomorrow

AZ Member #

Thanks man. Iíve used so much sound deadening lol still the noise Iíll recheck everything tomorrow

Sometime, you just need to use what ever laying around and it does just fine. No need fancy pant material😜

AZ Member #

haha it was laying around from when i did aftermarket front speakers

AZ Member #

I found the cause to the majority of the rattle. It was my Door regulator. I took it off and put some sound deadening and i think its gone. ill find out more tomorrow.

Active Member One Ring darwandoo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 s4 b6

Alright so i have a weird rattling coming from this part of my door panel. It when Iím on uneven roads and itís like something is loose. If i push it in a little it stops and Iíve checked and there is nothing thatís rattling and if i have the panel off itís gone. Thoughts?

I'm

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app