Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member Three Rings doady22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    55304
    Location
    ft collins colorado

    Blackout Headlights, window trim, badges, sideskirts painted!

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just got my car back with all sorts of work done. Blackout all the chrome trim, mirrors, etc. Got the sideskirts painted to match. Custom headlights done by oneighty. Finished it off with ceramic coating. Very happy with the way it turned out!



    s5 front.jpgs5 side view.jpgs5 topview.jpg1A4609D3-7FEE-44DF-BB53-B02BE37E1E55.jpg
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, ECS Intake, ABT HAS Springs, Vorsteiner Vff 107 20x10 ET30, 275/30/20 Pilot AS3+
    Draggy 12.68s @107.20 @ 5k ft above sea level (stock)

  2. #2
    Established Member Two Rings Hey_T_S5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    410309
    Location
    Allen, TX

    [QUOTE=doady22;13626361]Just got my car back with all sorts of work done. Blackout all the chrome trim, mirrors, etc. Got the sideskirts painted to match. Custom headlights done by oneighty. Finished it off with ceramic coating. Very happy with the way it turned out!



    s5 front.jpg

    Nicely done...those headlights look sick!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  3. #3
    Senior Member Three Rings doady22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    55304
    Location
    ft collins colorado

    [QUOTE=Hey_T_S5;13626459]
    Quote Originally Posted by doady22 View Post
    Just got my car back with all sorts of work done. Blackout all the chrome trim, mirrors, etc. Got the sideskirts painted to match. Custom headlights done by oneighty. Finished it off with ceramic coating. Very happy with the way it turned out!



    s5 front.jpg

    Nicely done...those headlights look sick!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Thank you!
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, ECS Intake, ABT HAS Springs, Vorsteiner Vff 107 20x10 ET30, 275/30/20 Pilot AS3+
    Draggy 12.68s @107.20 @ 5k ft above sea level (stock)

  4. #4
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB
    Location
    Boone, NC

    Looks amazing Brandon! 👏🏼👏🏼

    The lamps looks great of course, but I must call out the skirts too... very nice touch!

    Moar snaps!
    034Motorsport | ABT | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Rotiform | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Unitronic | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  5. #5
    Senior Member Three Rings doady22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    55304
    Location
    ft collins colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    Looks amazing Brandon! 👏🏼👏🏼

    The lamps looks great of course, but I must call out the skirts too... very nice touch!

    Moar snaps!
    Thanks mops, yes the side skirts look great, love the way it turned out!
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, ECS Intake, ABT HAS Springs, Vorsteiner Vff 107 20x10 ET30, 275/30/20 Pilot AS3+
    Draggy 12.68s @107.20 @ 5k ft above sea level (stock)

  6. #6
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 23 2017
    AZ Member #
    405524
    Location
    Bay Area

    Looks very aggressive. Nice work

  7. #7
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 19 2018
    AZ Member #
    420911
    Location
    Orange County, CA

    Your car looks amazing man esp the blackout headlights. Can I ask how you got it done? I was able to get rid of the yellow sidemarkers but also wanted to blackout my headlights. I tried tinting but didn't like the effect.

    Thank you!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Three Rings doady22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    55304
    Location
    ft collins colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Auditude437 View Post
    Your car looks amazing man esp the blackout headlights. Can I ask how you got it done? I was able to get rid of the yellow sidemarkers but also wanted to blackout my headlights. I tried tinting but didn't like the effect.

    Thank you!
    I sent my Headlights to Oneightynyc, they are a company in New York who specialize in headlights and other car needs. I can say the quality is fantastic. How they hold up, only time will tell!
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, ECS Intake, ABT HAS Springs, Vorsteiner Vff 107 20x10 ET30, 275/30/20 Pilot AS3+
    Draggy 12.68s @107.20 @ 5k ft above sea level (stock)

  9. #9
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 19 2018
    AZ Member #
    420911
    Location
    Orange County, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by doady22 View Post
    I sent my Headlights to Oneightynyc, they are a company in New York who specialize in headlights and other car needs. I can say the quality is fantastic. How they hold up, only time will tell!
    Appreciate the prompt response! Can I ask how much it cost? Also, if you sent your headlights in, did you have an extra pair to drive your car with?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Four Rings HazeMyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 17 2015
    AZ Member #
    343053
    Location
    Colorado

    Are the B9 headlights easy to crack open like the B8.5, or are they more like the B8? I ask, because if they're as easy as the B8.5 it's a modification you could easily do on your own in an afternoon if you're concerned about the usability of your car.
    2013 Audi S5
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    2003 Evolution VIII (Cammed, etc)
    2004 Subaru STI - Stg. 2 (Sold)
    IG: @MrHazeMyth

  11. #11
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 12 2018
    AZ Member #
    420514
    Location
    Kansas

    Quote Originally Posted by HazeMyth View Post
    Are the B9 headlights easy to crack open like the B8.5, or are they more like the B8? I ask, because if they're as easy as the B8.5 it's a modification you could easily do on your own in an afternoon if you're concerned about the usability of your car.
    I am also curious about this as well. Do you have to take the bumper off to remove the headlight assembly?

  12. #12
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 02 2018
    AZ Member #
    430284
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Looks great. How did you get the windows trim painted.

  13. #13
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 29 2018
    AZ Member #
    419675
    My Garage
    B9 S4
    Location
    831 CA

    The lamps look awesome! Also interested in the process and cost lol

  14. #14
    Senior Member Three Rings doady22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    55304
    Location
    ft collins colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Auditude437 View Post
    Appreciate the prompt response! Can I ask how much it cost? Also, if you sent your headlights in, did you have an extra pair to drive your car with?
    Since my car was getting ceramic coated, sideskirts painted, and black trim work done, I took the headlights off and sent them to Oneighty. They are located in New York, once there turnaround was 4-5 business days.
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, ECS Intake, ABT HAS Springs, Vorsteiner Vff 107 20x10 ET30, 275/30/20 Pilot AS3+
    Draggy 12.68s @107.20 @ 5k ft above sea level (stock)

  15. #15
    Senior Member Three Rings doady22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    55304
    Location
    ft collins colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by hevnsnt View Post
    I am also curious about this as well. Do you have to take the bumper off to remove the headlight assembly?
    Yes you have to take the bumper off to remove the headlights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prethm View Post
    Looks great. How did you get the windows trim painted.
    Window trim is actually wrapped gloss black with Vinyl.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintedblack View Post
    The lamps look awesome! Also interested in the process and cost lol
    Price was $500 plus shipping both was which wasn't cheap, so roughly $850 total with shipping
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, ECS Intake, ABT HAS Springs, Vorsteiner Vff 107 20x10 ET30, 275/30/20 Pilot AS3+
    Draggy 12.68s @107.20 @ 5k ft above sea level (stock)

  16. #16
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 19 2018
    AZ Member #
    420911
    Location
    Orange County, CA

    Sorry one more question. Did you remove the headlights yourself or did a mechanic do it for you? I'm contemplating shipping off my originals instead of buying a new pair, $2100 quoted by Audi :(

    Thanks again!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Three Rings doady22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    55304
    Location
    ft collins colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Auditude437 View Post
    Sorry one more question. Did you remove the headlights yourself or did a mechanic do it for you? I'm contemplating shipping off my originals instead of buying a new pair, $2100 quoted by Audi :(

    Thanks again!
    The place where I got my ceramic coating and blackout done they took the lights off for me. Had to remove the bumper from what they said.
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, ECS Intake, ABT HAS Springs, Vorsteiner Vff 107 20x10 ET30, 275/30/20 Pilot AS3+
    Draggy 12.68s @107.20 @ 5k ft above sea level (stock)

  18. #18
    Senior Member Three Rings doady22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    55304
    Location
    ft collins colorado

    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, ECS Intake, ABT HAS Springs, Vorsteiner Vff 107 20x10 ET30, 275/30/20 Pilot AS3+
    Draggy 12.68s @107.20 @ 5k ft above sea level (stock)



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.