Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

RS7 Fault code HELP please!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    2017 RS7 with 37kms, 3 days ago had a dash warning "do not exceed 4000 RPM" and had the redline change to 4k. Drove completely fine otherwise. Shut the car off 3 times to see if that would help. It didn't. Drove it home and next day it was gone when I started it Back to (presumably) normal now. Still drives completely fine. Oil was definitely at operating temp when it happened (20 min into my drive home) and did not go WOT at all before. Just regular driving.

Read with VCDS:

Camshaft adj. bank 2 intake - cold start temp not reached

Fault frequency: only 1
    Fault priority: 2 (requiring immediate attention)

Car never threw a CEL, which I find strange.. Especially with a priority 2 fault. JUST the dash warning and red line shift.

Anyone ever had that before? And any ideas as to who what where when why kinda answers before I take my chance at taking it to likely an at best moderately educated tech at Audi lol

Thanks in advance!
    2017 RS7 Nardo grey w/ Black Optics | Carbon exterior | Miltek Non-res Catback | SRM intake (long) | Lowering Links + VAGCOM | Flush fit ECS Spacers | Blacked Out Heads/Tails/emblems/roof wrap

Prior:
    2014 S5 Technik (full build, I miss you)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blackout85 View Post
    2017 RS7 with 37kms, 3 days ago had a dash warning "do not exceed 4000 RPM" and had the redline change to 4k. Drove completely fine otherwise. Shut the car off 3 times to see if that would help. It didn't. Drove it home and next day it was gone when I started it Back to (presumably) normal now. Still drives completely fine. Oil was definitely at operating temp when it happened (20 min into my drive home) and did not go WOT at all before. Just regular driving.

Read with VCDS:

Camshaft adj. bank 2 intake - cold start temp not reached

Fault frequency: only 1
    Fault priority: 2 (requiring immediate attention)

Car never threw a CEL, which I find strange.. Especially with a priority 2 fault. JUST the dash warning and red line shift.

Anyone ever had that before? And any ideas as to who what where when why kinda answers before I take my chance at taking it to likely an at best moderately educated tech at Audi lol

Thanks in advance!
    I had a similar issue on my 2014 RS7 and they had to install new camshaft adjusters. All work covered under warranty.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NardoRS7 View Post
    I had a similar issue on my 2014 RS7 and they had to install new camshaft adjusters. All work covered under warranty.
    Thanks for the response Nardo!

How many times did it happen to you? Has it happened since the fix? Big job? Because it seems like it

I'm holding off my tune until I get this figured out! Presumably If they replace them all, it should be fine, but my experience is Audi usually F&#@s around a few times before they get it right...
    2017 RS7 Nardo grey w/ Black Optics | Carbon exterior | Miltek Non-res Catback | SRM intake (long) | Lowering Links + VAGCOM | Flush fit ECS Spacers | Blacked Out Heads/Tails/emblems/roof wrap

Prior:

AZ Member #

Just once. Never experienced it after they fixed it. I drove on it for a few months before tuning the car.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NardoRS7 View Post
    Just once. Never experienced it after they fixed it. I drove on it for a few months before tuning the car.
    Thanks very much for the insight! Good to know!

Prior: