Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Question Foam Cannon Recommendations

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I've never had one and wanted to try it out.

TIA.

Veteran Member Four Rings will13k7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This MTM one has been the best one Iíve used, but there are cheap ones on Amazon that work okay too. Depends on what you are looking for.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by will13k7 View Post
    This MTM one has been the best one Iíve used, but there are cheap ones on Amazon that work okay too. Depends on what you are looking for.
    So what makes a foam cannon like this one create more foam than an Amazon one?

I currently have an amazon one and I am not too happy with it. I dont know if its the device, my pressure washer or if im not using enough soap.

Veteran Member Three Rings bonafyd's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I use the adams foam cannon it's good but i'm gonna upgrade to the MTM. the MTM is the one to have.
    Bagged C7.5 aka FISHBOWL
    |Airlift Bags|Accuair E-Level|Endo-CVT|I-Level|Aluminum Mirror covers|Aspherical Mirrors|
    |AWE Touring Exhaust|RS7 Airbox|FlatBottom Wheel|S7 Wheels|S-Line Sport Pkg|LED Headlamps|
    |S6 Oem Trunk Spoiler|RS Pedals|S6 Diffuser|RS6 CT3 Carbon Fiber|

Veteran Member Four Rings will13k7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JVince View Post
    I currently have an amazon one and I am not too happy with it. I don't know if its the device, my pressure washer or if im not using enough soap.
    there's some matching of orifice size and the pressure of your pressure washer. some say that a higher gallons-per-minute makes the most difference. Matt from Obsessed Garage on YouTube has some videos where he's testing out a huge variety of pressure washers to find the right combinations, he might even have a found a good combination for your model already and is selling it on his site.

I get shaving cream foam with almost anything I throw in. Just 1400 PSI, but with 2.1 GPM for my PW.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

FWIW, I wanted to buy the highly regarded MTM PF22 but, at the time in 2018, there was a 1.8 gpm requirement from the power washer. My Karcher K5 is a 2000psi / 1.4 gpm unit so I went for the Torq EQP322 Big Mouth instead. Very disappointing with almost no foam (at least with Gyeon Foam). Now the MTM is sold with different size orfices so low volume applications work. Bottom line, get the MTM as others have indicated.

Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    2018 RS5 - Nardo Gray

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by will13k7 View Post
    there's some matching of orifice size and the pressure of your pressure washer. some say that a higher gallons-per-minute makes the most difference. Matt from Obsessed Garage on YouTube has some videos where he's testing out a huge variety of pressure washers to find the right combinations, he might even have a found a good combination for your model already and is selling it on his site.

I get shaving cream foam with almost anything I throw in. Just 1400 PSI, but with 2.1 GPM for my PW.
    Wow that's amazing foam!

Thanks I'll have to check that out. I currently have the Karcher K5, I believe it has 2000 PSI. Hopefully it can produce that much foam as well.

Senior Member Three Rings mikedizzzo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JVince View Post
    So what makes a foam cannon like this one create more foam than an Amazon one?

I currently have an amazon one and I am not too happy with it. I dont know if its the device, my pressure washer or if im not using enough soap.
    Are you using a electric pressure washer? If so, try replacing the orifice on the foam cannon to a 1.1 MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    -MikeDizzzo

2016 S5 Premium Plus | Florett Silver | Black Optic Plus Package | DSG | ADS | Carbon Atlas | B&O

Mods: GIAC Stage 2 | TCU | SC Pulley | Bilstein B16 Ride Control Coilovers | AWE Touring Exhaust 90mm | Maxton V1 Front Lip | 034 Transmission Insert | Brakes - Hawks Pro with slotted/dimpled rotors | Relak Paddle Shifters | Ceramic Pro 9H | LED interior | 2 x Audizine 5' stickers | Audi All Weather Mats

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mikedizzzo View Post
    Are you using a electric pressure washer? If so, try replacing the orifice on the foam cannon to a 1.1 MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Yes its electric. I'm using the Karcher k5 https://www.kaercher.com/ca/home-gar...-16033610.html