Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Seat Comfort

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Mercedes GL450

Seat Comfort

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    We walked into the Anchorage dealership Friday looking to lease a new Q5 (since no Avants are sold here).

It only took sitting in one to know we had to go with the previous generation Q5.

Was it a conscious decision to make the seats less comfortable in the redesigned 2018 version?

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by au_k9 View Post
    We walked into the Anchorage dealership Friday looking to lease a new Q5 (since no Avants are sold here).

It only took sitting in one to know we had to go with the previous generation Q5.

Was it a conscious decision to make the seats less comfortable in the redesigned 2018 version?
    Thank you for reaching out. I'm very sorry to learn of your discomfort with the seats on the new Q5 on your recent trip into the dealer to look for a new vehicle. It is always our goal for each area of the vehicle and the vehicle itself to be improved upon each generation. If you feel that has not taken place, I will gladly share your feedback with our product development team. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist with.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Mercedes GL450

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Thank you for reaching out. I'm very sorry to learn of your discomfort with the seats on the new Q5 on your recent trip into the dealer to look for a new vehicle. It is always our goal for each area of the vehicle and the vehicle itself to be improved upon each generation. If you feel that has not taken place, I will gladly share your feedback with our product development team. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist with.

Thank you,
    Thank you for the response. I know people have different preferences in seat size, shape, etc., but one of Audi's strongest areas of excellence the last couple of decades has been interior design quality and ergonomics. It was a little surprising to have to choose a pre-owned car to attain the level of comfort we expected. We may be a little spoiled in the area of seat comfort, having most recently owned several Volvos, but it's been a close decision the last couple of car purchases.

Anyway, please consider this just one consumer's opinion.