Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Passat

2017 Q7 Heated Steering Wheel

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My heated steering wheel stays on for 14 minutes while driving and then cuts off. While I continue to drive the car, I cannot turn it back on again.
    Is this normal and if so, why?

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chazmculva View Post
    My heated steering wheel stays on for 14 minutes while driving and then cuts off. While I continue to drive the car, I cannot turn it back on again.
    Is this normal and if so, why?
    Hello,

The heated steering wheel may shut off after a certain amount of time to maintain efficiency in the vehicle, but you should then be able to turn it back on. Do you receive an error message or any type of message when attempting to turn it back in the same driving cycle? Also does this issue always occur or is it more intermittent?
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My A6's wheel won't let me turn it on while all the other start-up messages are going on. Only after those messages it'll come on. Of course, if it was previously on when the car was shut off, it'll be on automatically.
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts