Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: CARFAX AND CPO

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

CARFAX AND CPO

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi,
    I am curious about something....
    If a car has MINOR damage of $500 of a bumper touch-up that shows up on a CarFax report, does that make it ineligible for it to be a CPO vehicle?

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by kalch View Post
    Hi,
    I am curious about something....
    If a car has MINOR damage of $500 of a bumper touch-up that shows up on a CarFax report, does that make it ineligible for it to be a CPO vehicle?
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out on this topic as I believe it is an important one for current and potential CPO owners. In order for a vehicle to be certified, it will need to meet all of the criteria that are available on the following document: https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...ecklist-V2.pdf.

A vehicle can experience some minor damage as you mentioned such as a bumper touch up or something similar and still be considered by AoA as a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. Just keep in mind that this is general information and for specifics I would need to look into your situation and details further. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member One Ring Highrev6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hi there,

What if a costumer buys a CPO Audi with a clean carfax and they drive home. The following month he is hand washing the car and he realize the paint is flaking/peeling off his cars rear bumper. The costumer then clicks on the dealers listing for their specific vehicle and sees evidence of the paint peeling in the dealerships stock photos of the CPO car that he just bought days ago. The consumer lives 400 miles from the dealer he bought the car from, so he takes the CPO Audi to the nearest Audi Dealer and they point him in the direction of their Audi Certified Repair Center.

Under closer inspection the Audi certified repair center removes the bumper cover to see why the paint is flaking off the bumper valence and sees evidence of a unreported accident and botched body work with the bumper and rear diffuser. The Audi repair center recommends corrective body work to fix the underlying issues on a now 40 day old purchase. The consumer then makes several attempts to contact the dealership that he bought the car from and canít seem to get in touch with a sales manager. So finally he sends a email to the sales manager with photos evidence pointing to how the paint was already starting to peel on the vehicles bumper even before the costumer took possession of the car. The dealer responds with a very short generic email answer. Basically saying they see a issue with the car and will pass the email and demands for a quick repair up the chain of command.

Is this a AoA issue or dealership issue? Obviously the consumer doesnít feel good about buying a Audi CPO car and then finding out a month later that their new vehicle was involved in a unreported accident and his vehicle has botched body work. But now he feels like the dealer isnít trying to be bothered with this repair that shouldíve been spotted during the 300 point certification inspection. None the less the dealer either didnít see the peeling paint initial or they ignored it, they still decided to sell it as a CPO when they couldíve instead just sold it as a typical ďbuy as isĒ used car.

Where does the consumer go from here?

Keep in mind the dealer has seen the very reasonable estimate to get the the botched bodywork back to AoA specifications.

AZ Member #

Hello,

Thank you for detailing your experience with your new CPO vehicle, I'm very sorry to hear about all of this as I know it can really have a large impact on you enjoying your new Audi. For a matter such as this, the leadership team at the selling dealership would be the best point of contact for you as they completed the certification and sold you the vehicle. If you'd like to provide me some additional information I would be happy to take the proper steps within AoA which would include facilitating communication with the dealership. Ultimately, this is an issue that the dealership will need to step in and resolve for you. If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to let me know.
    Vincenzo F.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for detailing your experience with your new CPO vehicle, I'm very sorry to hear about all of this as I know it can really have a large impact on you enjoying your new Audi. For a matter such as this, the leadership team at the selling dealership would be the best point of contact for you as they completed the certification and sold you the vehicle. If you'd like to provide me some additional information I would be happy to take the proper steps within AoA which would include facilitating communication with the dealership. Ultimately, this is an issue that the dealership will need to step in and resolve for you. If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to let me know.
    @audiusa

I purchased a Certified Pre Owned S8 from a dealer and after 6 months of constant issues a different servicing dealer found a tune on the car after running a spec actual and the car is now flagged TD1.

The servicing dealer claims that the car has permenant damage to the motor and it is unfixable. I paid for a CPO S8 but I got a lemon. I want you guys to step in and have the purchasing dealer refund me for this car and take it back. Please refer to my case number: 190303042

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by trust93 View Post
    @audiusa

I purchased a Certified Pre Owned S8 from a dealer and after 6 months of constant issues a different servicing dealer found a tune on the car after running a spec actual and the car is now flagged TD1.

The servicing dealer claims that the car has permenant damage to the motor and it is unfixable. I paid for a CPO S8 but I got a lemon. I want you guys to step in and have the purchasing dealer refund me for this car and take it back. Please refer to my case number: 190303042
    Hello,

I see that you have an open case with our internal team here. We are currently looking into the situation and continuing to gather information from the dealer so that we can accurately review your request with all of the available information. I will be certain to reiterate your requests and your dissatisfaction to my team and I encourage you to reach back out along the way if you have any additional questions. I know that this situation is far from ideal for you but we do appreciate the opportunity to conduct an investigation and perform our due diligence. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Vincenzo F.