Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

EPL Stage 1 and TCU Tune Went In Today (2018 S7)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I want to thank Chris from EPL for staying later than he wanted and helping me get the install done before the weekend. I was like a kid waiting for my Xmas gift.

I have only gotten to drive the car a little bit but the biggest immediate obvious change is the transmission - in both D and S it's much smoother. Now I just have to find somewhere I can let it loose a bit.

We don't have 93 gas in Colorado so stuck with the 91 tune. Anyone running an EPL Stage 1 - 91 want to share 0-60 or quarter mile times? I may never launch my car but would like to know what I could do :)

Next up: reflector delete.

Jeremy
    Daytona Grey Pearl Metallic Audi S7 - EPL Stage 1 - Wish my wife didn't look so closely at our bank account

Veteran Member Four Rings Dutch_A6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Hyundai Tuscon

Welcome to the club, I just did the TCU tune and the updated stage 2. If you think stage 1 is fun you'll love stage 2 . Chris has been great and very patient with me and any questions I've had, can't say enough good things about EPL.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Black 2012 A7 Prestige

Zito ZF01 wheels
    EPL stage 1 tune
    Tinted marker lights
    RS7 Intake

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_A6 View Post
    Welcome to the club, I just did the TCU tune and the updated stage 2. If you think stage 1 is fun you'll love stage 2 . Chris has been great and very patient with me and any questions I've had, can't say enough good things about EPL.

Thanks Dutch. I'm already thinking about Stage 2. What downpipe are you running? Need spacers? Question: If I went with EPL to hopefully avoid TD1 I'm kind of screwing that by adding an aftermarket DP correct?
    Daytona Grey Pearl Metallic Audi S7 - EPL Stage 1 - Wish my wife didn't look so closely at our bank account

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Hyundai Tuscon

Quote Originally Posted by jgoldstein2000 View Post
    Thanks Dutch. I'm already thinking about Stage 2. What downpipe are you running? Need spacers? Question: If I went with EPL to hopefully avoid TD1 I'm kind of screwing that by adding an aftermarket DP correct?
    I'm still on stock DP, you would need spacers, vibrant Motorsports has spacers that I am buying to get rid of a CAT code. I'm not sure about how the EPL software world with down pipes, Chris would be better to all on that front.

Black 2012 A7 Prestige

Zito ZF01 wheels
    EPL stage 1 tune
    Tinted marker lights
    RS7 Intake

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If you get the C7 4.0T Russian downpipes or AMS downpipes with catalytic converters in the stock location, you do NOT need O2 spacers.

The APR downpipes would need O2 spacers with the EPL tune.
    2016 S6

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wwhan View Post
    If you get the C7 4.0T Russian downpipes or AMS downpipes with catalytic converters in the stock location, you do NOT need O2 spacers.

The APR downpipes would need O2 spacers with the EPL tune.
    Thanks wwhan. I was looking at those.

Can you run Stage 2 on stock downpipes with no problems? I guess a good question for Chris.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Hyundai Tuscon

I'm on stage 2 (3.0t) on stock down pipes, no issues and it's been a year and 30k miles.

Black 2012 A7 Prestige

Zito ZF01 wheels
    EPL stage 1 tune
    Tinted marker lights
    RS7 Intake

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks wwhan. I was looking at those.

Can you run Stage 2 on stock downpipes with no problems? I guess a good question for Chris.
    Read this thread: Audi S6 Stage 2 review

""Anyone that's been following knows I tried stage 2 without upgraded downpipes.......I'm glad I went to the effort of trying stage 2 on stock downpipes but anyone else don't bother. You want the full cat version. ""
    2016 S6