Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

RS3 resale value high right now (but may not be for long)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    As most know, dealer inventory on these cars has been dried up for months due to production being stopped last year. I've noticed the KBB value on my car has been ever increasing over the months I imagine due to supply and demand. Once the 2019s arrive in full force in a few months I suspect this will come back down.

Anyway, I had some family changes and had to get into something bigger. I paid $57k for a new 2018 RS3 9 months ago (~5% or so off MSRP if i recall), trade-in value showed $54k on KBB. Dealer accepted the $54k no questions asked, and that was before we even agreed on the new purchase. So I basically leased my RS3 at the equivalent of $350/month. I will miss it though!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I wouldn't value a car like the RS3 based on KBB ever.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Audizine mobile app
    2018 Nardo Grey RS3

AZ Member #

Damn! Cool. But sad.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jd_rs3 View Post

Understood on that - my point is just that used examples are retailing right up near what you could get a new one for, because no new ones are available.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica

This is a good observation, thanks for sharing. The RS3 in general is rare... I have seen one in person. I am hoping that resale value remains strong.
    On order: 2019 Nardo Gray Audi RS3 with carbon inserts, RS Design package, dynamic package, technology package, black optics

Active Member Two Rings SlowSedans's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    R8, RS4, S4 x 5

You can get 55-60 right now for a clean, sub 10k car pretty easily.

AZ Member #

This is great news but just like always the car will get stale for me right about the time the value tanks LOL.

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have been watching this whole RS3 market for a year and a half. My only local Audi dealer in Tucson , AZ approached me last year saying that they had one allocation and one only(first one). They contacted a lot of people that inquired on the RS3. I had to put a deposit just to secure mine. The dealer only sold 3, they just don't get allocations at all.

Ona another note, just out of curiosity, last month I went and I looked at 8 others dealers on Arizona and California and no one had RS3s, however, I could count an average of 5 to 12 RS5s per dealer. It seems like the there is an abundances of RS5 and truly few RS3 available through out the country. I am keeping mine, I waited a few months to get mine, I paid almost MSRP but I secured it. It is excellent news to own a RS3.
    Ran 11.703@117.06 mph at 3100ft elevation with no mods or bolt-ons. Running E-32 content as per fuel-it sensor (mixture of 1.5 gallons of ethanol E-85 +4 gallons of 91oct). DA of 2,869ft based on 82% humidity, 44F (the time of the run), 30.09 barometric pressure, relative density of 91.87%. Personal best trap 118.94 mph backed by 118.93 and a few 118mphs **also ran 11.7's several times

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 SQ5, 17 SS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSedans View Post
    You can get 55-60 right now for a clean, sub 10k car pretty easily.
    Yea, mine has 5400 miles on it - I just did KBB and it says private party value is actually higher than what I paid for the car (not counting ttl, and my mods, though!).
    2018 Audi RS3, Florett Silver, NO factory options - Clear Bra, 35% tint, Unitronic Stage 1, CTS Intake, CTS Intercooler, Midpipes, Unitronic Turbo Inlet, Eurocode Throttle body & pipe
    2018 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus - Wife's Daily - Clear bra, 35% tint,
    2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Hyper Blue Metallic - Ported Intake Manifold & Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, Catch Can, Hurst Exhaust and lots of Cosmetic Stuff
    Instagram - @JBonelli81

Veteran Member Four Rings GramCracker's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by jd_rs3 View Post

What would you base it on?

AZ Member #

I just did KBB on mine, I put very good condition , 7200 miles, DAP package, nav, virtual and oleng baung and rear airbags and it came up to $52,150 average and a low of high 49's and a high of $55K. you guys can also try Edmunds.com
    Ran 11.703@117.06 mph at 3100ft elevation with no mods or bolt-ons. Running E-32 content as per fuel-it sensor (mixture of 1.5 gallons of ethanol E-85 +4 gallons of 91oct). DA of 2,869ft based on 82% humidity, 44F (the time of the run), 30.09 barometric pressure, relative density of 91.87%. Personal best trap 118.94 mph backed by 118.93 and a few 118mphs **also ran 11.7's several times

Active Member Two Rings RSgoals's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thing is.. I donít want to sell mine, I love the car.

Sent from my iPad using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by GramCracker View Post
    What would you base it on?
    Private party resale trends

Bought my ctsv wagon for 48k in 2014. Sold it last year for 56k. Kbb had it valued around 36k if I remember. KBB does not value the more specialized and rare cars like V wagon, RS3, etc, correctly. Cars like the RS3 will hold their value well due to supply and demand.

2018 Nardo Grey RS3

AZ Member #

There is a flaw in this theory. The 2019 will not be a huge run of cars. My OC dealer which is quite large said they have 3 allocations for the remaining run. All spoken for. Plus. for me, I have an exclusive color and that option its no longer available. I think all of the RS3's will hold value because the reviews have been exceptional, not many of them and nothing else in the market to compares.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Thereís only a few hundred 2019ís coming. Then letís hope the next one comes with a four cylinder hybrid setup, lol.

AZ Member #

Good points - I wouldn't expect there to be many 2019s at this point since the typical MY changeover to 2020 is not far away - but is there any definitive news they won't just keep on producing as 2020s?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    Thereís only a few hundred 2019ís coming. Then letís hope the next one comes with a four cylinder hybrid setup, lol.
    This, really depends on how many get made. So far 2019 is just over 400 in build system. So really. Does it stop at 500-800-1000? Supposedly 2020 line change happens in August. So we gotta see how many can be made by then and if 2020 is gonna be on time or any changes

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RSgoals View Post

Amen!!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

According to Hagerty ...

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...lectibles-2018

I think these cars will hold their value well as said above. They are getting great reviews and the demand will continue to increase, only if Audi continues to make these cars in relatively low production numbers. I spoke with my dealer on Friday and he told me that there are no more around to be had and there is a demand on them. I didn't buy this car as an investment it's my daily driver but if it holds its value that is a bonus :)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

It'll be interesting over time - I did see that Hagerty article as well. Really - it seems like any car that's not a Ferrari LaFerrari or ABC Supercar is going to lose value the moment it's purchased. The RS3 just happens to be losing less than it's contemporaries right now. I was cross shopping the M3 after my RS buyback and I really did like them but the idea that they'd lose just about 20k the moment I drove it off the lot was tough to deal with (not to mention that it was much more expensive to purchase, and I am thinking much more expensive to maintain).

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NoSuchSol View Post
    It'll be interesting over time - I did see that Hagerty article as well. Really - it seems like any car that's not a Ferrari LaFerrari or ABC Supercar is going to lose value the moment it's purchased. The RS3 just happens to be losing less than it's contemporaries right now. I was cross shopping the M3 after my RS buyback and I really did like them but the idea that they'd lose just about 20k the moment I drove it off the lot was tough to deal with (not to mention that it was much more expensive to purchase, and I am thinking much more expensive to maintain).
    All true above, but, they made 30k f80 M3s world wide.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

When are the first 2019 models expected to arrive in the US?
    2013 Prestige / DSG / Sports Differential / APR Stage 2 / TRUfit Intake / USS Sways / USS End Links / Alu Kreuz

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RSgoals View Post

PREACHHHHHH

AZ Member #

Love is fleeting. Something else will catch your eye and the next thing you know you're filing divorce papers.

Established Member Two Rings Rs3nardo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TheContrarian View Post
    Love is fleeting. Something else will catch your eye and the next thing you know you're filing divorce papers.
    Yikes.
    Instagram: Rs3Nardo

2018 Audi RS3 - Nardo Grey, Black Optics, Dynamic Plus, RS Design, Driver Assist, Technology, Carbon Inlays...the works.

Senior Member Three Rings old_spool's Avatar
    AZ Member #

They're still not saying when they're starting to build 19s yet. The new WLTP Europe emissions bullshit has the factory stalled on RS3 model production even though it has nothing to do with the US version. If they wait too long, then honestly, they need to make Q4 delivery cars 2020 models.
    2002 S4 Nogaro Blue Avant 6MT Conversion. Stage 3 built motor.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by old_spool View Post
    They're still not saying when they're starting to build 19s yet. The new WLTP Europe emissions bullshit has the factory stalled on RS3 model production even though it has nothing to do with the US version. If they wait too long, then honestly, they need to make Q4 delivery cars 2020 models.
    There are a bunch inbound, they have been in production again for about a month

AZ Member #

Audi sold 250 2017ís, but does anyone know how many 2018ís were sold in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine