Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings Killship's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The Fucking Catalina Wine Mixer (Audi Royalty)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi guys,

First and foremost, thanks for being here. Just did the PCV myself on my S8 (twice) - pain in the ballsack, but for the past 8 years I've been coming here for my DIY stuff. Fucking great!

Last year, a little off topic, I went to a Ferrari Concorso event with my local chapter - I do not own a Ferrari (yet) but I did leave there with a huge question in my mind - why the hell don't we have something like this? Come from miles around, sit and oogle over our cars, feel royal as fuck, and really enjoy the company of another person with the same platform?

So, I decided it was time in my car ownership career to start an event. I take very little credit for this, its mostly everyone else who's made it possible - but we have a pretty sick weekend coming up in Fontana Village, NC. 4.0Ts only.

Now, I know I know - Audi vs. The World, Quattro de Mayo, Get stomped by a Hellcat, etc. But I wanted something just for us 4.0T guys. We incur a lot of problems, especially with the turbos (RIP S6), but we spend all this money on such a rare, beautiful, and fun machine, but nowhere to really take it and socialize with everyone else who has the same platform.

So I bring to you, Audi Royalty (because lets face it, we're all pretty Royal).

Three days at the Fontana Village Resort - sponsors include Silly Rabbit Motorsports, Forge Motorsport, and SoWo Partners.

Day 1: Meet and greet, cruise out for a local dinner, and back to the resort for whatever the hell you want to do
    Day 2: Car show, judging, 180 mile cruise route, catered dinner, raffle (fucking awesome prizes mind you), and cigars (provided by me) and some drinks.
    Day 3: Check out and cruise out to breakfast, then split with the boys back home.

Kids are welcome, mine won't be there, but the wife will be (she can help entertain the other wives, she is a pregnant, they all love that crap for some reason - might be able to teach a juggling class or possible a nagging class).

All the info and tickets are here (only $350 - we are not profiting from this, I'm actually going to be out of pocket a few zeros, but its all in the name of FUCKING AWESOME).

https://www.facebook.com/events/1479952908805262/

We've got owners coming from California, Ohio, Florida, Alabama (APR?), Texas, maybe Colorado, Michigan, and Illinois so far.

P.S. We are offering one free room for someone willing to take video and photos as well - professionally. Along with editing. Feel free to contact me directly for more details.

Current: '15 D4 S8 - APR Stage 2, BCForged HB04, VCDS 20mm Drop, B&O, Drive Assist, CF Interior, & C/W

Rest in Peace: C7 S6 APR Stage III, RS7 Turbos, APR Cooling Performance System, APR TCU Tune, Vag-Cop 17mm drop, Axel-back Borla S-Types, Burnt Titanium Tips

Your Private Jet Connection

Active Member Two Rings spdemon91's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wow!!! Looks totally awesome! Thanks for putting this together. That would be around 1,700 miles for me roundtrip but I would basically be driving a 4 cylinder most of the way there thanks to the cylinder deactivation Jeckll/Hyde engine. Dinner, cigars, cruising, oh my! So tempting!!! And I am getting the oil screen, check valve, and oil air separator replaced shortly so the turbos shouldn't blow up. Would love to go and hang out with fellow 4.0T owners especially since I am new to the club. Will talk to my bride... See you already have a bunch of people signed up. Awesome.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2013 Audi S8 4.0T (first Audi)
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS (blue w/ white stripes)

Senior Member Two Rings Killship's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by spdemon91 View Post
    Wow!!! Looks totally awesome! Thanks for putting this together. That would be around 1,700 miles for me roundtrip but I would basically be driving a 4 cylinder most of the way there thanks to the cylinder deactivation Jeckll/Hyde engine. Dinner, cigars, cruising, oh my! So tempting!!! And I am getting the oil screen, check valve, and oil air separator replaced shortly so the turbos shouldn't blow up. Would love to go and hang out with fellow 4.0T owners especially since I am new to the club. Will talk to my bride... See you already have a bunch of people signed up. Awesome.

It definitely will be fun!

Personally, Iím trailering my car up with another owner - itís about 1,700 miles round trip for us as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current: '15 D4 S8 - APR Stage 2, BCForged HB04, VCDS 20mm Drop, B&O, Drive Assist, CF Interior, & C/W

Rest in Peace: C7 S6 APR Stage III, RS7 Turbos, APR Cooling Performance System, APR TCU Tune, Vag-Cop 17mm drop, Axel-back Borla S-Types, Burnt Titanium Tips

Your Private Jet Connection