Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 53 of 53
  1. #41
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 27 2017
    AZ Member #
    410432
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    In the provision most relevant to used car transaction, ORS 646.608(1)(t) makes it a violation for a dealer to fail to affirmatively disclose “any known material defect or material nonconformity.”

    Because the UTPA sets up a negligence framework, it is also a violation for a dealer to fail to disclose material nonconformities or defects that the dealer has “negligently disregarded when the dealer or broker should have known, prior to sale or lease of a motor vehicle.” OAR 137-020-0020(o).

    From https://consumerlaw.osbar.org/2014/0...ns-as-isright/

    An unsafe tire is also a totally different situation than a small door dent.

    OP, you may still have a case here but you would need to start documenting everything right away (e.g. get it in writing from a shop that your tire is unsafe etc.)
    Last edited by stapan; 03-16-2019 at 02:32 PM.

  2. #42
    Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    424227
    Location
    Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by stapan View Post
    In the provision most relevant to used car transaction, ORS 646.608(1)(t) makes it a violation for a dealer to fail to affirmatively disclose “any known material defect or material nonconformity.”

    Because the UTPA sets up a negligence framework, it is also a violation for a dealer to fail to disclose material nonconformities or defects that the dealer has “negligently disregarded when the dealer or broker should have known, prior to sale or lease of a motor vehicle.” OAR 137-020-0020(o).

    From https://consumerlaw.osbar.org/2014/0...ns-as-isright/

    An unsafe tire is also a totally different situation than a small door dent.

    OP, you may still have a case here but you would need to start documenting everything right away (e.g. get it in writing from a shop that your tire is unsafe etc.)

    I know you must have missed the 5 times I mentioned that the tires were still in the normal operation range based on his own post before he deleted them all.

    Not to mention that the law you dig up is only in Oregon
    Prestige B9 SQ5 / Moonlight Blue / S sport / DAP / Dynamic Steering

    JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert / V-FF 109

    Next on the install list / Brembo GT 380mm / / AWE Exhaust /



    Build Thread | Instagram @SQ5.MK2 | YouTube @SQ5 MK2

  3. #43
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 27 2017
    AZ Member #
    410432
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    He had said that one of them had clear bald spots and was dangerous to drive on.

    In any case I'm done responding. I cite clear authority and logic and all I get back are general statements that basically say nothing other than "I'm right just because." I feel like I'm arguing with my toddler here. I have given OP enough information at this point that I dont think he will still be grossly misled by your statements. Have a nice day.

  4. #44
    Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    424227
    Location
    Ohio

    You must have missed his post before he deleted it that he had it inspected after and they were low but okay. Also those he live in Oregon?

    It looks like he is from Oregon, still no case as they were in normal operation range

    Also wondering why he deleted all of the post???
    Prestige B9 SQ5 / Moonlight Blue / S sport / DAP / Dynamic Steering

    JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert / V-FF 109

    Next on the install list / Brembo GT 380mm / / AWE Exhaust /



    Build Thread | Instagram @SQ5.MK2 | YouTube @SQ5 MK2

  5. #45
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 31 2016
    AZ Member #
    377505
    Location
    PA

    There are also no pictures of the tires to show if they were actually 'bald' or were they just wearing unevenly. Tire guy of course wants to sell him new tires so that isn't really the most reliable source either.

    5/32 is about half way on a lot of tires, and without real evidence, this is all just conjecture about whether we believe what he said fully or not.

    Still seems fishy to me and more like a temper tantrum and wants to blame everyone else. My SQ5 came with summer tires and I don't remember having any conversation about them with the dealer. This, however, was not a surprise as I decided to actually learn about what I was buying.

    Personally, I can't stand how everything is always someone else's fault and they should be liable and sued if they don't hold everyone's hand and spoon feed them everything. Feels like there is 0 accountability any more.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  6. #46
    Established Member Two Rings 2018_SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07 2018
    AZ Member #
    426339
    Location
    Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by djn876 View Post

    Still seems fishy to me and more like a temper tantrum and wants to blame everyone else. My SQ5 came with summer tires and I don't remember having any conversation about them with the dealer. This, however, was not a surprise as I decided to actually learn about what I was buying.

    Personally, I can't stand how everything is always someone else's fault and they should be liable and sued if they don't hold everyone's hand and spoon feed them everything. Feels like there is 0 accountability any more.


    This!

    I used to be concerned about younger, and current generations, competing in the work force against me. But more and more I'm not too worried about the bunch of douche nozzle millennial generation and the general population in general who are not self-sufficient.
    2018 SQ5 - Prestige | Daytona Gray | BBS CIR

  7. #47
    Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 22 2009
    AZ Member #
    52390
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant
    Location
    San Francisco, CA

    This is silly. If you’re going to be known for deleting ALL your posts you might as well delete your account and start over.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Hers: 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus
    Mine: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

    Past: 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

  8. #48
    Established Member Two Rings 2018_SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07 2018
    AZ Member #
    426339
    Location
    Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by PNW Avant View Post
    This is silly. If you’re going to be known for deleting ALL your posts you might as well delete your account and start over.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine


    Better yet, the snowflake should delete his account and not come back.
    2018 SQ5 - Prestige | Daytona Gray | BBS CIR

  9. #49
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 26 2018
    AZ Member #
    425432
    Location
    Boston MA

    Here for the torches and pitchforks. am i too late?

  10. #50
    Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    424227
    Location
    Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Mope View Post
    Here for the torches and pitchforks. am i too late?
    Just in time brother, we also provide free event stickers if you were interested 😜
    Prestige B9 SQ5 / Moonlight Blue / S sport / DAP / Dynamic Steering

    JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert / V-FF 109

    Next on the install list / Brembo GT 380mm / / AWE Exhaust /



    Build Thread | Instagram @SQ5.MK2 | YouTube @SQ5 MK2

  11. #51
    Veteran Member Four Rings TexasDfwS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    100226
    Location
    DFW

    Just bought tire from the dealer after they said they would match the price annnnnnd wait for it,,,,,,,,,,, they denied me because the part number was not the same OEM aka Audi part number. The SA actually sad that the tire was made differently for OEM. I'm going to talk to the Manager tomorrow about this and see what I can do. I said to the SA I'll split the difference and the supervisor said no. I just like getting a discount and they shouldn't play the stupid games.
    Gone 2013 B8.5 S4 Ice Silver, DSG, Uni 2+TCU, Prestige Model, MMI, B&O, Fine Napa, Sports Diff, audi assist, 19" Peelers, Carbon Atlas Inlays.
    2017 Q5 3.0 Ibis W/ BO with S-line
    2018 SQ5 Ibis Prestige Red Calipers Fine Napa Leather

  12. #52
    Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    424227
    Location
    Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDfwS4 View Post
    Just bought tire from the dealer after they said they would match the price annnnnnd wait for it,,,,,,,,,,, they denied me because the part number was not the same OEM aka Audi part number. The SA actually sad that the tire was made differently for OEM. I'm going to talk to the Manager tomorrow about this and see what I can do. I said to the SA I'll split the difference and the supervisor said no. I just like getting a discount and they shouldn't play the stupid games.
    It’s so hard to find a good dealership or a sales person u can’t trust a lot of people. What hurts is getting screwed by people you think you can trust. This just makes the experience with people like MOPS so much different and worth it!! I mentioned this a lot but I feel like I need to say it again. Best customer service, best supplier, best support, and best pricing thank you Mops @ Nemesis
    Prestige B9 SQ5 / Moonlight Blue / S sport / DAP / Dynamic Steering

    JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert / V-FF 109

    Next on the install list / Brembo GT 380mm / / AWE Exhaust /



    Build Thread | Instagram @SQ5.MK2 | YouTube @SQ5 MK2

  13. #53
    Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    398343
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000
    Location
    Penfield, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDfwS4 View Post
    Just bought tire from the dealer after they said they would match the price annnnnnd wait for it,,,,,,,,,,, they denied me because the part number was not the same OEM aka Audi part number. The SA actually sad that the tire was made differently for OEM. I'm going to talk to the Manager tomorrow about this and see what I can do. I said to the SA I'll split the difference and the supervisor said no. I just like getting a discount and they shouldn't play the stupid games.
    That def. stinks, but IMO your always better off buying tires via 3rd party online sites and having them installed at a local place of your choice. Only recently did I get a killer deal on a new set of tires from a local tire place because I knew the Manager.
    2016 Glacier White Metallic Q5 3.0T Premium+ S-Line 1 of 589
    2003 Berlina Black Honda S2000
    2000 Sea Ray 180 BR
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519 *RIP*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.