Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 53
  1. #1
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2019
    AZ Member #
    461599
    Location
    Portland, Or

    Bought Q5 with balding tires, any thoughts?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    ..
    Last edited by pcgumshoe; 03-15-2019 at 04:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 02 2009
    AZ Member #
    39389
    Location
    State of Confusion

    I would not replace just 2 tires on an all wheel drive vehicle.

    If you are screwed depends on the dealership. You should have had a pre purchase inspection done or at least have given the vehicle a thorough look over on your own.
    Last edited by mjfloyd1; 03-14-2019 at 04:29 AM.

  3. #3
    Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    398343
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000
    Location
    Penfield, NY

    Buying any used car (minus Certified Pre-Owned), the dealership is not required to replace all the "wear items" even if they are getting close to needing to be replaced. You as a buyer should do a thorough visual inspection of the entire car at minimum, if need be do a PPI like the other user mentioned. When I bought my used 2016 Q5 I did what I explained above and found that my tires were pretty much shot (around 3/32nd) besides 1 tire. I also bought mine in the middle of winter, so safety was a big concern. While the salesmen said I could get away with using them til summer, I disagreed and worked with him on getting some $$$ off the sale price to account for me having to replace them ASAP. I also got money off because my car only came with 1 key fob, so they took a few hundred off to account for that as well. It's a lot easier to get this worked out before you sign everything than after, the dealer at that point really doesn't owe you anything other than to keep good faith TBH.
    2016 Glacier White Metallic Q5 3.0T Premium+ S-Line 1 of 589
    2003 Berlina Black Honda S2000
    2000 Sea Ray 180 BR
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519 *RIP*

  4. #4
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 21 2015
    AZ Member #
    350550
    Location
    Naperville, IL

    Lesson learned. Did you see the inspection report from the dealer where you bought the car?

    How is the carfax? Maintenance history? Call the dealer where it was serviced and find out if any service recommendations were made to the previous owner.

    Most likely you will need to pay for tires and repairs now that you own the car. I suggest getting it inspected at an Audi dealer and have them focus on the eneven tire wear to determine if any suspension components are worn, or previous accident damage. At a minimum, you will probably need 4 new tires and an alignment.

    I hate to say this but an independent inspection and investigation of previous dealer services should have been done before you bought the car.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2019
    AZ Member #
    461599
    Location
    Portland, Or

    ..
    Last edited by pcgumshoe; 03-15-2019 at 04:07 AM.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 22 2009
    AZ Member #
    52390
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant
    Location
    San Francisco, CA

    Dealers usually have a couple day period for you to return a car. Sometimes. But I think youíre past that window. For example my brother bought a q7 from the used car dealer adjacent to a Southern California audi dealer. He had three days to return the car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Hers: 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus
    Mine: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

    Past: 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

  7. #7
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2019
    AZ Member #
    461599
    Location
    Portland, Or

    ..
    Last edited by pcgumshoe; 03-15-2019 at 04:07 AM.

  8. #8
    Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    398343
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000
    Location
    Penfield, NY

    Just because it's a one owner, dealer serviced, and maintenance schedule was followed doesn't necessarily mean it was "immaculately maintained". Mine was exactly that and I found little items that def. I was not "happy" about.
    For instance when I checked the plenum (only has 40k miles), it was filthy and full of leaves and debris clogging the drain. Yet that is something on the maintenance schedule to perform.
    I always go in with the assumption buying a used car that no one will ever care more about it more than me. Whoever buys my vehicles will get a well sorted/maintained vehicle tho.
    2016 Glacier White Metallic Q5 3.0T Premium+ S-Line 1 of 589
    2003 Berlina Black Honda S2000
    2000 Sea Ray 180 BR
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519 *RIP*

  9. #9
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 27 2017
    AZ Member #
    410432
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Make sure you put all communications with the dealer in writing, or they will act like it never happened.

    There is potential recourse but it might be too late if you bought a week ago and didnt document.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 22 2009
    AZ Member #
    52390
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant
    Location
    San Francisco, CA

    I do agree that if you contacted the salesman during that window, expressing you wanted to RETURN the car, you have basis. I donít feel the same way if you wanted to ďrenegotiateĒ. Personally I would have dropped the car off so it was on their lot within the window, and started over.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Hers: 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus
    Mine: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

    Past: 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

  11. #11
    Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    398343
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000
    Location
    Penfield, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by PNW Avant View Post
    I do agree that if you contacted the salesman during that window, expressing you wanted to RETURN the car, you have basis. I donít feel the same way if you wanted to ďrenegotiateĒ. Personally I would have dropped the car off so it was on their lot within the window, and started over.
    Def. agree. I don't wanna answer for the OP, but I feel like it's kinda a case of hindsight is 20/20.
    2016 Glacier White Metallic Q5 3.0T Premium+ S-Line 1 of 589
    2003 Berlina Black Honda S2000
    2000 Sea Ray 180 BR
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519 *RIP*

  12. #12
    Senior Member Three Rings MSq5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    393251
    Location
    Gulfport, MS

    If the tires had at least 5/32 tread on them, then OP is probably not going to get very far with the dealer.

    I hate to say it, but the dealer has probably had the buyer sign off on a delivery inspection agreeing that various conditions, including tires, were inspected and deemed acceptable. That's what they usually do. You will be hard pressed to verbally contradict what you signed in writing.

    I would just chalk it up to the circumstances and go out and get some new tires that OP really wants anyway. Maybe they were summer tires or just A/S tires that don't do well in snow, even with much less wear.

    These are great SUVs. I'd be more concerned about getting the alignment checked to see if there is a reason for the premature tire wear on two of them.
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | aFe Pro 5R (part#10-10121) filter in "modified" stock air box | 034 silicone throttle body hose | HP Tuners custom TCU tuned ZF8

  13. #13
    Established Member Two Rings 2018_SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07 2018
    AZ Member #
    426339
    Location
    Colorado

    You didn't inspect the vehicle yourself?

    You likely signed a purchase agreement indicating you accepted the voluntary transaction 'as-is'

    You're wasting your time with the dealer, you won't win. Just go put on 4 new quality tires and move on.
    2018 SQ5 - Prestige | Daytona Gray | BBS CIR

  14. #14
    Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    424227
    Location
    Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by 2018_SQ5 View Post
    You didn't inspect the vehicle yourself?

    You likely signed a purchase agreement indicating you accepted the voluntary transaction 'as-is'

    You're wasting your time with the dealer, you won't win. Just go put on 4 new quality tires and move on.
    This. 👍

    To the op



    Go and get four new tires

    Itís a used car sold as is no grounds to complain or to return the car.

    Just curious is this the first used or new car you purchased?
    Prestige B9 SQ5 / Moonlight Blue / S sport / DAP / Dynamic Steering

    JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert

    Next on the install list / Brembo GT 380mm / V-FF 109 / AWE Exhaust /



    Build Thread | Instagram @SQ5.MK2 | YouTube @SQ5 MK2

  15. #15
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2019
    AZ Member #
    461599
    Location
    Portland, Or

    ..
    Last edited by pcgumshoe; 03-15-2019 at 04:07 AM. Reason: 5/32 remark

  16. #16
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2019
    AZ Member #
    461599
    Location
    Portland, Or

    ..
    Last edited by pcgumshoe; 03-15-2019 at 04:08 AM.

  17. #17
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2019
    AZ Member #
    461599
    Location
    Portland, Or

    ..
    Last edited by pcgumshoe; 03-15-2019 at 04:08 AM.

  18. #18
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2019
    AZ Member #
    461599
    Location
    Portland, Or

    ..
    Last edited by pcgumshoe; 03-15-2019 at 04:08 AM.

  19. #19
    Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    398343
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000
    Location
    Penfield, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by pcgumshoe View Post
    I'm sorry for my outburst to that person's post. I have a condition.

    Anyway, I should note that I'm using the court of public opinion.

    Google gives this dealership 4.7 out of 5 stars. I've given a 1 star rating. The owner always responds to posts and presently, I have no way of defeating their phone system (as was explained to me by the finance manager: "We own several stores all over the country and it can be hard to reach me, so if you have a question, here's my email. Email me, and I'll call you right back." Actual quote, not making this up.

    I have not been mean in my post on Google, I merely stated the facts and how I have not been able to communicate effectively for a resolution.
    So your going to give the dealer a 1 star rating because you didn't check one of the very basic safety items before buying a used car? The dealer really is at no fault in this situation, there are so many factors that could cause un-even wear (wrong sizing, under/over inflated, bad alignment). Just take this as a learning lesson and get yourself a good set of quality tires and have the shop check the alignment.
    Last edited by choppstixxx; 03-15-2019 at 03:38 AM.
    2016 Glacier White Metallic Q5 3.0T Premium+ S-Line 1 of 589
    2003 Berlina Black Honda S2000
    2000 Sea Ray 180 BR
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519 *RIP*

  20. #20
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 31 2016
    AZ Member #
    377505
    Location
    PA

    Crazy thought, instead of bashing them all over the internet, you could actually do something like go back there in person and talk to them like an adult. This is not an uncommon issue on any used car and should be inspected by the purchaser. The dealer may not have even bothered to look, but arguing with people here because you aren't getting the answer you want isn't going to help you. Going back and showing some ownership for not checking sooner and seeing if they are willing to work with you could go a long way.

    If your attitude with them is anything like some of the posts here, I doubt you'll get very far.

    People provided you with their thoughts which were basically go buy new tires (4 not 2) check alignment, and move on. Take a close look through all of your paperwork and any advertisement for the vehicle which may have said as is.

    It sucks, but is a lesson learned and go enjoy your car.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 09 2019
    AZ Member #
    461599
    Location
    Portland, Or

    Boy, how do you lock a post, this one is out of control.

    I think people are reading between the lines here.

    END OF DISCUSSION

  22. #22
    Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    398343
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000
    Location
    Penfield, NY

    Gotta love that the OP deleted all his prev. comments
    2016 Glacier White Metallic Q5 3.0T Premium+ S-Line 1 of 589
    2003 Berlina Black Honda S2000
    2000 Sea Ray 180 BR
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519 *RIP*

  23. #23
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 21 2015
    AZ Member #
    350550
    Location
    Naperville, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by pcgumshoe View Post
    Boy, how do you lock a post, this one is out of control.

    I think people are reading between the lines here.

    END OF DISCUSSION
    The post is out of control? Or the poster?

    C'mon man...don't lose credibility here over a set of tires that you should have checked. This forum is a great source of information but it seems like you don't like the responses based on your comments. We all make mistakes. And I'm sure you won't make this one again.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Veteran Member Four Rings q5 dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 15 2014
    AZ Member #
    303164
    Location
    driving

    Quote Originally Posted by choppstixxx View Post
    Gotta love that the OP deleted all his prev. comments
    I'm lol. Wish I saw this sooner.
    2013 Q5 3.0T Phantom Black
    1998 A4 1.8T Laser Red, Quattro, 5 speed manual

    IG @q5ds

  25. #25
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 02 2009
    AZ Member #
    39389
    Location
    State of Confusion

    Bought vehicle. Didnít inspect. Drove in snow the next day and went slip sliding away... Tires 5/32 and fronts had uneven wear.

  26. #26
    Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    424227
    Location
    Ohio

    What a day, when did we all went wrong?

    You are using a court of public opinion and you are wrong. This is why we canít trust any reviews or ratings online. Go get new tires before you or worse others get hurt. For now I would recommend to slow down before replacing the tires.
    Prestige B9 SQ5 / Moonlight Blue / S sport / DAP / Dynamic Steering

    JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert

    Next on the install list / Brembo GT 380mm / V-FF 109 / AWE Exhaust /



    Build Thread | Instagram @SQ5.MK2 | YouTube @SQ5 MK2

  27. #27
    Established Member Two Rings 2018_SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07 2018
    AZ Member #
    426339
    Location
    Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by q5 dave View Post
    I'm lol. Wish I saw this sooner.


    I concur, wish I would have seen this. Oh well

    OP entered teh public domain and solicited advice and opinions, got butt hurt and ran away.

    Dude this is the interwebs. Real life is much harder and will kick you in the face. Good luck.
    2018 SQ5 - Prestige | Daytona Gray | BBS CIR

  28. #28
    Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2014
    AZ Member #
    197039
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7
    Location
    DFW

    However. . .had he actually hit someone else during his slip-n-slide adventure, then he would likely have a good lawsuit against that dealer, especially if someone was hurt.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

  29. #29
    Established Member Two Rings 2018_SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07 2018
    AZ Member #
    426339
    Location
    Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    However. . .had he actually hit someone else during his slip-n-slide adventure, then he would likely have a good lawsuit against that dealer, especially if someone was hurt.

    No, he wouldn't. Injury and property law is pretty uniform across states. The fault is with the driver.

    Again, being that he purchased from a reputable dealer (his words), he likely signed a purchase agreement when he closed the deal. The dealer legally is completely safe.
    2018 SQ5 - Prestige | Daytona Gray | BBS CIR

  30. #30
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 27 2017
    AZ Member #
    410432
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by 2018_SQ5 View Post
    No, he wouldn't. Injury and property law is pretty uniform across states. The fault is with the driver.

    Again, being that he purchased from a reputable dealer (his words), he likely signed a purchase agreement when he closed the deal. The dealer legally is completely safe.
    Wouldn't it depend on the representations the dealer made about the multi-point inspection? If an accident was caused by tire or brake failure... and the dealer had just led the buyer to believe those were in reasonably good condition, I think there would be potential liability there.

  31. #31
    Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    424227
    Location
    Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by stapan View Post
    Wouldn't it depend on the representations the dealer made about the multi-point inspection? If an accident was caused by tire or brake failure... and the dealer had just led the buyer to believe those were in reasonably good condition, I think there would be potential liability there.
    you forgetting the fact that the car has passed the inspection and its not like the dealer misrepresented the condition. regardless the operator is responsible for safe operation of the car.
    Prestige B9 SQ5 / Moonlight Blue / S sport / DAP / Dynamic Steering

    JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert

    Next on the install list / Brembo GT 380mm / V-FF 109 / AWE Exhaust /



    Build Thread | Instagram @SQ5.MK2 | YouTube @SQ5 MK2

  32. #32
    Established Member Two Rings 2018_SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07 2018
    AZ Member #
    426339
    Location
    Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by stapan View Post
    Wouldn't it depend on the representations the dealer made about the multi-point inspection? If an accident was caused by tire or brake failure... and the dealer had just led the buyer to believe those were in reasonably good condition, I think there would be potential liability there.

    This is America, the OP can decide to spend a ton of cash and attempt a lawsuit for any forking reason he wants. He will lose though.

    Again, for the 3rd time, he very likely signed a purchase agreement which any swinging dick can take before a judge and argue a breach of contract law. In fact, I'd bet my left nut he definitely signed a contractual agreement that stipulated terms post-sale. Any decent business is going to prepare for any liability. I'm pretty damn sure though that a 'reputable dealership" (his words) has the crossed all the I's and dotted all the T's to provide them the most legal protection as possible for exactly this kind of thing and related assbuckets trying to claim damages.

    This is the same nonsense you see now and then here with someone saying something like "damn Audi I'm going to sue them for x y and z because my feelings got hurt or they claimed x horsepower and I only feel like it has z horsepower from my stupid butt dyno. That slag I was trying to impress said my car sucks and I had a small dick." Yea go ahead and bring a lawsuit against a business who has enough money and legal firepower to bury you. Have fun finding a law firm to represent you, unless it's pro bono you'll be broke AF.
    2018 SQ5 - Prestige | Daytona Gray | BBS CIR

  33. #33
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 27 2017
    AZ Member #
    410432
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    First of all I disagree. A quick search pulls up this example which is almost exactly what we are describing:

    $5.5M awarded against dealer for tire blowout due to bald tire area they should have caught -
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/article...w-out_suit.amp


    Second if there was an accident the potential lawsuit would be led by the insurance company not the OP. I am pretty sure they have more money and legal firepower than even the dealer, and would not go broke AF litigating such a claim. In fact, just the OP saying in his affidavit that the dealer led him to believe they had inspected the tires would be enough to get a settlement.

    The unfortunate reality is that dealerships prey on the naive - like the OP. Just because they've always done it, and we happen to be not naive, does not make it OK. In fact most of us are not naive specifically because we or someone we knew earlier in life got taken advantage of in some way, and thats how we learned for the future.

  34. #34
    Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    424227
    Location
    Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by stapan View Post
    First of all I disagree. A quick search pulls up this example which is almost exactly what we are describing:

    $5.5M awarded against dealer for tire blowout due to bald tire area they should have caught -
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/article...w-out_suit.amp


    Second if there was an accident the potential lawsuit would be led by the insurance company not the OP. I am pretty sure they have more money and legal firepower than even the dealer, and would not go broke AF litigating such a claim. In fact, just the OP saying in his affidavit that the dealer led him to believe they had inspected the tires would be enough to get a settlement.

    The unfortunate reality is that dealerships prey on the naive - like the OP. Just because they've always done it, and we happen to be not naive, does not make it OK. In fact most of us are not naive specifically because we or someone we knew earlier in life got taken advantage of in some way, and thats how we learned for the future.
    have you read the link???

    this is a completely different case they have a maintenance agreement told the dealership to check a tire issue the dealership told them thy checked it and they did not.


    Regardless of all this, again pointing our that the car was perfectly fine from the dealer including the tires based from the 3rd party inspection.
    Prestige B9 SQ5 / Moonlight Blue / S sport / DAP / Dynamic Steering

    JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert

    Next on the install list / Brembo GT 380mm / V-FF 109 / AWE Exhaust /



    Build Thread | Instagram @SQ5.MK2 | YouTube @SQ5 MK2

  35. #35
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 31 2016
    AZ Member #
    377505
    Location
    PA

    That example is very different in that it had been serviced multiple times by the dealership with apparent documentation of the degraded condition. This is not a suit immediately following purchase of a used vehicle that otherwise has no history at that location. Depends on what documentation the dealer had and or provided regarding specific condition around the tires.

    So once again, we are back to what everyone has been saying the whole time, read whatever documentation you got from the dealer, and go back in person and see if they are willing to help you.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  36. #36
    Established Member Two Rings 2018_SQ5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07 2018
    AZ Member #
    426339
    Location
    Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by stapan View Post
    First of all I disagree. A quick search pulls up this example which is almost exactly what we are describing:

    $5.5M awarded against dealer for tire blowout due to bald tire area they should have caught -
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/article...w-out_suit.amp


    Second if there was an accident the potential lawsuit would be led by the insurance company not the OP. I am pretty sure they have more money and legal firepower than even the dealer, and would not go broke AF litigating such a claim. In fact, just the OP saying in his affidavit that the dealer led him to believe they had inspected the tires would be enough to get a settlement.

    The unfortunate reality is that dealerships prey on the naive - like the OP. Just because they've always done it, and we happen to be not naive, does not make it OK. In fact most of us are not naive specifically because we or someone we knew earlier in life got taken advantage of in some way, and thats how we learned for the future.


    This is an apples and chainsaws comparison. Nice try but your argument is moot.
    2018 SQ5 - Prestige | Daytona Gray | BBS CIR

  37. #37
    Senior Member Three Rings MSq5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    393251
    Location
    Gulfport, MS

    OP removed his posts, but I recall him saying he was driving in snow. That is challenging enough with many types of all season tires, even when new. What was he expecting? They were not snow/winter tires.
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | aFe Pro 5R (part#10-10121) filter in "modified" stock air box | 034 silicone throttle body hose | HP Tuners custom TCU tuned ZF8

  38. #38
    Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2018
    AZ Member #
    424227
    Location
    Ohio

    His attorney that charged him few grand to build the lawsuit has advised him to remove the post 🤪😂🤣
    Prestige B9 SQ5 / Moonlight Blue / S sport / DAP / Dynamic Steering

    JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert

    Next on the install list / Brembo GT 380mm / V-FF 109 / AWE Exhaust /



    Build Thread | Instagram @SQ5.MK2 | YouTube @SQ5 MK2

  39. #39
    Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2014
    AZ Member #
    197039
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7
    Location
    DFW

    My thinking, more specifically, is that if they were summer performance tires and the dealership didn't inform him, there could be liability. If they let him drive it off the lot, in the snow, without both verbal warning and signed/initialed waiver/disclaimer, that the tires are unsafe below 45^F, a case could be made for negligence.

    It was just a brain fart assuming they might be summer tires and an accident ensued. A lot of people don't realize how dangerous summer tires are on ice & snow. If the dealer sent him on his way in an unsafe vehicle, I believe there is some liability there. Not $5M, mind you, but at least a buy-back of the vehicle and repairs to the other vehicle. Again, just a brain fart.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

  40. #40
    Veteran Member Four Rings blackfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    96697
    Location
    NY

    Bought brand new car on 12/31/18. Brought the car that night in the rain as it was the last day to qualify for a manufacturer discount. I broke all my own rules. Drove home and parked the car for two days and didn't inspect it throughly as it was raining and cold and the car was relatively dirty. When I finally got around to inspecting the car I noticed that the was a sizable door ding that had actually gone through the paint. You know what I did? Nothing. I ate that because I knew better and failed to inspect the car before taking delivery. I've bought well over 10 cars and I've never once failed to fully inspect them before taking delivery.

    I say all that to say chalk it up to experience and move on. What's your time really worth to you? I know mine wasn't worth fighting some dealer over $500-$600 in damages. Break that down over hours spent going back and forth and I'll guarantee it it'll work out to be about $10/hr. Seems to me your time is worth more than that.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Life has taught me never try to make something idiot proof, they'll simply come up with a better idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.