Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buyer beware..

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    As far as I know same as above, Greyhound doesn't do pallets.

Hope you get what you was supposed to Vinny, bit of a joke to get messed around just because of the distance between.

Since you have the pics/evidence paypal should side with you, if they don't then go to the bank that funds the account as they will also chase payment. Good luck.

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jerripaulb View Post
    What's sad is you people think posts like this dont damage or ruin people's lives. Well they do. Because of this post my boss, who ownes an Audi referred me to this post because I dont look at this site anymore. Now he puts my character into question and now my job is about to be taken away. I hope after all this it was worth it to rent and rave or petty free parts. Especially when I was told engine and tranny were being removed to put in a friends car. And he was more worried how to get rid of the shell of the car
    No matter what excuse or claim I have it wont satisfy any of you guys, nor will save my job. Have a blessed day.
    This Thread was put up here to warn other people about buying stuff from you and so they know your character. Not to claim something that is untrue or rant and Rave or point fingers and directions they don't need to go. Your boss taking your job away because you didn't make good on your end of a car deal has absolutely nothing to do with this.
    Simple. Don't do stuff like this (and what happened to the other guy) and your character won't be questioned. Btw.. I have stayed in close contact with him this entire time, since before I drove to NM. I saw it all play out. You told him you were leaving to bring him the car. You never showed up. Then you Ghosted him. Then he asked for his money back and you agreed to refund it on an agreed upon day. That never happened. You quit responding to him so he filed a PayPal claim. They gave him his money back. Transport companies don't collect money until they deliver the car. They don't take your car, tell you they are doubling the rate halfway through the trip and keep your car if you don't agree on it. They give you a price and that is what you pay upon collection of the vehicle. (other than a broker fee that is charged when they locate a truck and agree all around)

"Petty Free parts" are a complete set of wheels and tires(with less miles than the cc's "300 miles tires") , extra Hood, extra headlights, three grills(one a badgeless grill) , fog light grills, extra speakers, a brand new $200 O'Reilly's battery (with warranty Info if I need), a "missing" brand new $200 front grill, etc... hardly what anyone on this site would regard as petty free parts. I value the wheels, and other outstanding parts much higher than FREE.
    Yes you sent me some parts inside the car. I never claimed to be unappreciative for that. You DID tell me you were including All the parts with the deal.
    This is like someone buying a car off eBay and the seller swapping parts from it to their new car. Imagine buying a car with HREs, an intake and exhaust and recieving a car with knockoff wheels, stock intake and no exhaust. Yes that's not exactly this situation, but represents what happened here. Then the seller claims they are "sending a pallet with parts that would not fit in the car" and that pallet never shows up. But you got a good deal on the car, so you just forget about getting what you paid for and chalk it up as a lesson learned. Yeah right... like that EVER happens.
    All I asked for was the parts you supposedly sent me on this pallet. I did not want stock wheels on the car, I wanted the ones the car was sold with. The only reason I agreed for you to swap them out was because you agreed to give me an extra set of wheels and tires.

I want to get one thing out of the way, may your sister rest in peace. That is a sad sad thing to deal with. That being said, you should not use that as an excuse. Simply tell people you are dealing with personal issues. How about just be truthful and say it is going to take some time for you to send the parts out. We are all human. Shit happens. Family always comes first.

I was never given any sort of tracking number or anything for this pallet. It makes absolutely zero sense that you would send a pallet of car parts to somebody and not give the shipping company a phone number of the person who needs to pick the pallet up. Zero way of contacting the recieving party.
    In one text, you say you sent the pallet out on the 17th of january, claiming a week for it to get to me. On febuary 12th (almost a month later) you claim the pallet was in San Francisco, waiting on the snow to clear(there wasn't snow in san Francisco. In fact , it never once dipped below 40 degrees the entire month of February. A nice balmy 52 degrees on the 12th) and it would be here on the following Monday the 18th. Then I call you with no answer, and you call back, and I talk to you on march 4th and you claim Greyhound shipped the pallet back to you because they could not get a hold of you for a week while you were in Texas. The pallet" is literally sitting in my garage right now" Now you claim they never sent it out.

And then, after ignoring me for 4 days, I start this thread and boom. You text me very rudely telling me
    "Your full of shit if you think I'm letting a refund of that much slide. You got a brand new motor and trans and full car for pennies. I will fight this every step of the way. You want to pull this while I deal with my sisters funeral. That's a real bitch move. Especially when I offer to send extra parts."
    Brand new motors don't have broken timing chain guides, bad A.C. compressors, hack job electrical taped up camshaft control housing wiring... the list goes on.
    And I don't want to "get rid of the shell of the car". I actually want to keep the shell. What does it matter what I do with the car.
    If you are worried about your character being questioned, maybe you should take a step back and think about how this looks from the outside.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VinnysS4; 03-12-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

AZ Member #

1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

AZ Member #

Here's the PayPal dispute if anyone cares. There were 3 amounts of $. I chose the larger one. I don't expect that much of a refund. But it's plain as day. He didn't make good on his end. The CC rims and tires I would value atleast $800. No dings, curb marks, nothing. Brand new tires. The Center caps for the rims he did include were missing. There were 5 rims when I saw the car as it had a Full size spare. I have no spare now

You want me to remove this thread and pay for you to send me the rims? Really?

Last edited by VinnysS4; 03-12-2019 at 08:20 PM.

My build log

Site Moderator Four Rings Stubek's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Element SC

Seems like seller advertised and showed the buyer a car with wheels and spare parts but shipped the car with no spare parts and different wheels. That seems a bit shady on the part of the seller.
    Kevin - Moderator, Audizine

2011 A4 Avant Meteor Grey/Black, Titanium Package, Prem+ Nav, B&O. Euro LED Tail Lights, Tint, LED license plate lights, LED interior lights, custom sub, lots of VAG updates, Eurocode Alu Kruez, Hotchkiss F/R Swaybars

Build thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ead?highlight=

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Iím sorry about his sister (if thatís even true) but thatís no excuse to screw someone over. Give the man the parts he was told he was getting.

Senior Member Three Rings jordon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 S4, BMW ///M5, Mercedes R320 CDI

This is how i see it:

Jerry was selling a car with some spare parts.

Vinny bought the car and spare parts.

Jerry then wanted to take the wheels off Vinny's car (that he had paid for), and put different ones on.

Vinny said no.

Jerry insisted, and said he would also give him another set of wheels.

Vinny accepted.

Jerry then took Vinny's wheels, but did not pay Vinny in full (with 2 sets of wheels as promised).

Now Jerry wants Vinny to pay for Jerry to ship the wheels that he owes Vinny.

I think the only two reasonable options are:
    Jerry pays to ship the wheels to Vinny, or they cancel the wheel deal, and Jerry returns Vinny's CC wheels (onto the car he removed them from), and while doing so, picks up his curbed Avus wheels.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Audizine mobile app
    2013 S7, Phantom Black. B&O, Innovation Package, Cold Weather Package, LED headlights, Carbon Atlas Inlays
    2008 Mercedes R320 CDI, AMG package, Kleeman KD Box, Diesel people hauler

past:
    2015 S4, Technik, Sepang Blue, Black Optic, Sport Diff, Beaufort Aluminum Trim, H&R lowering springs
    2000 S4 Nogaro, 6spd. Gone too soon
    2001 BMW M5, Imola Red, Evolve AlphaN tune, muffler delete
    Various other Audi, VW, and BMWs

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VinnysS4 View Post
    The day the car arrives, it has curbed stock wheels on it with half treadlife, a used battery in place of the brand new one, no front grill or fog light grills, no licence plates, and no extra wheels.
    If you think about it, this is theft. When you paid him for the car, it, and everything else he said was included, then belonged to you. Iím assuming he had no problems storing your stuff until you could arrange transport. In the meanwhile he decided to take some of your parts. Thatís how I see it.

Had you been able to have transport that same day, he would have never been able to take what he took from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant

ďI also included in the car MOST of the parts that was promisedĒ

Comical.

And to think he can claim you got him fired...what a joke. If that is the case he has his own workplace suit against employer.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Hers: 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus
    Mine: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

Past: 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

Veteran Member Four Rings rhfosu's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I feel bad for this guy. He doesn't seem to get it. Vinny made out on this deal, but he didn't hold a gun to his head. I don't care how he justifies it to himself, he didn't honor the deal he made.

I would have had more respect if he at least said "I thought about it, and I feel like i am getting the short end of the stick, so I'm changing the deal." This "I'm an innocent victim, god bless" shit is tiresome.
    "I don't understand Audi enthusiasts. They buy a car that looks like a bar of soap, then they spend money modifying it so it looks slightly less like a bar of soap."

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
    If you think about it, this is theft. When you paid him for the car, it, and everything else he said was included, then belonged to you. Iím assuming he had no problems storing your stuff until you could arrange transport. In the meanwhile he decided to take some of your parts. Thatís how I see it.

Had you been able to have transport that same day, he would have never been able to take what he took from you.

Exactly. Sell something, rape the parts off of it, and then send it and claim everything was as described

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Avant View Post
    ďI also included in the car MOST of the parts that was promisedĒ

Comical.

And to think he can claim you got him fired...what a joke. If that is the case he has his own workplace suit against employer.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    He told on himself there. He Included most of the stuff. Except for what I posted. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by rhfosu View Post
    I feel bad for this guy. He doesn't seem to get it. Vinny made out on this deal, but he didn't hold a gun to his head. I don't care how he justifies it to himself, he didn't honor the deal he made.

I would have had more respect if he at least said "I thought about it, and I feel like i am getting the short end of the stick, so I'm changing the deal." This "I'm an innocent victim, god bless" shit is tiresome.
    Thanks man. Jerry can claim whatever he would like. He told me a bunch of stuff came with the car.
    If he would have atleast texted me and gave me a heads up, I would never have made this thread. Mayne someday in the next 6 months the pallet would have showed up. Not likely tho.

Hey Jerry. Why not just send me the rims we agreed upon. If not, I'd like compensation for the parts that were not included. It's obvious you are in the wrong

My build log

Senior Member Three Rings Jdsb6s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    GL450, CLA250, Honda Accord

After making some popcorn and reading this whole thread I find Vinny totally in the right for making this post. He is only looking out for others best interests in doing good business with other trustworthy Audi enthusiasts. Vinny has all the proof of the business transactions via text. The seller seems completely on defense now and coincidentally responds after his perspective of slander is thrown on the forums by Vinny. Just redeem yourself and make what is right with the other parts promised.

AZ Member #

Just an update. PayPal denied my claim. Go figure. I honestly did not think I would get anything out of it. I'm sure if I had asked for a lesser amount and was able to talk to somebody at PayPal and show them the proof that they would have sided with me, but it is what it is.

Let the record stand :

do not do business with Jerrypaul Eugene Baker out of Albuquerque New Mexico. He is a crook and a thief.

My build log

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VinnysS4 View Post
    Just an update. PayPal denied my claim. Go figure. I honestly did not think I would get anything out of it. I'm sure if I had asked for a lesser amount and was able to talk to somebody at PayPal and show them the proof that they would have sided with me, but it is what it is.

can you escalate it beyond the automated system? I am sure you've tried to but it seems like this is pretty clearly a case of bait and switch, disappointed in their denial for sure.
    R.I.P 2001 GTI GLX VR6
    R.I.P 2004 A4 Quattro Sline 6MT
    Current: 2004 A4 USP 3.0 6MT

AZ Member #

Here is the car as it arrived

https://youtu.be/Di3FuoQNzm0

My build log

AZ Member #

I am working on this . It may get me nowhere, but I'll give her a shot. At this point its more a matter of principal.

And I know jerry has read this. Because contrary to his statement of not coming on this site.... when you are active on the forum it shows a green dot on the profile pic. Imagine that.

Jerry, send me my stuff or make it right and I'll delete this thread. Ill work with you, and we will keep everything right here so there is no ""he said she said" crap. You seem like a nice guy when I met you. I didn't make this thread to bash all over your name, more to warn others of what happened to me so it doesn't happen to them. We all go through personal stuff that takes priority over this forum... I get it. If your sister did infact pass away, you have my condolences.

How about post up a copy of the shipping reciepts through greyhound. Atleast show me you actually made an attempt to send me stuff and it actually made it all the way to California.

My build log

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Call PayPal, you definitely can talk to someone and have your claim reviewed.

Established Member Two Rings alexberlin's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I didn't find the time to read the whole thread yet, but from what I read so far, this Jerripaulb seems very shady. Also he seems not to be the smartest concerning his communication skills (I even can see that, and English is not my first language, I'm from Germany), and blaming his ghosting on his sisters dead sounds just so wrong. I know Vinny, he is one of the most honest guys I've ever met, and most helpful too. I trusted him, shipped my loved S4 to him for timing chain service, he made me an incredible deal on labor, found way more things had to be fixed, and the outcome was incredible. I feel like my car is brand new.... This is quite hurtful seeing he has to deal with shit like that now. Why honest and good people always get the shit end of the stick? Jerripaulb, man up, and stick to what you've promised. Otherwise I hope karma will get you real good.

Senior Member Four Rings Terry.Reese's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Audi Allroad 2.7 Biturbo V6

Take him to the cleaners, lawyer up if you have to. You don't have to just include the basics, lots of ways when you took time off to go there, the loss of time dealing with this guy over petty spareparts... I wouldn't let this hang.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Clarice

JHM intake spacers, DIY intake flapper mod, ported TB, heat wrap IM, 034 motor mounts, Apikol snub mount, 12mm wheel spacers, CustomCAI, D2 A8 exhaust manifolds, JHM Lightweight Crank Pulley, Magnaflow resonated x-pipe. Instagram https://www.instagram.com/raudi.audi73/

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Skip paypal and go to your bank and speak with them they will be more strict and get the money back quicker.

AZ Member #

So I talked to PayPal today. They said the only reason they denied the claim is because they don't deal with car purchase disputes and to contact my bank. Seeing I have had the same account for 23 years, they will hear what I have to say. I'm bringing them every shred of evidence. Every damming shred of evidence.
    I really didn't want it to come to this. Part of me wants to just wash my hands of it. But after the pity me, bless everyone, I never agreed to it, "a real bitch move and I'll fight you to the end on this"..... it's about the principal of it. I haven't done anything wrong here and i refuse to get ripped off.
    It's black and white. I bought a car with a bunch of new parts on it and a host of spare parts, and what I got wasn't what I bought.

Last edited by VinnysS4; 03-14-2019 at 08:05 PM.

My build log

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Weíre all rooting for you Vinny!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
    Weíre all rooting for you Vinny!

Thanks man!

My build log

Veteran Member Four Rings LINDW4LL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stage 3 S4, E46 M3

What's sad is you people think posts like this dont damage or ruin people's lives. Well they do. Because of this post my boss, who ownes an Audi referred me to this post because I dont look at this site anymore. Now he puts my character into question and now my job is about to be taken away. I hope after all this it was worth it to rent and rave or petty free parts. Especially when I was told engine and tranny were being removed to put in a friends car. And he was more worried how to get rid of the shell of the car
    No matter what excuse or claim I have it wont satisfy any of you guys, nor will save my job. Have a blessed day.
    This thread and your responses tell me all I need to know about your character (or lack thereof). Talk about playing the victim, and a lack of accountability. Holy cow.
    -Hayden

Established Member Three Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0. 2009 GMC Acadia. 2014 VW Passat

This will be my last post. If PayPal sees in your favor more power to you. If you want to pay for shipping you have my number. Have a blessed day to all. I apologize if I offended anyone with these messages.
    "What goes around comes around just like a Hulla hoop.
    Karma is a bitch Well just make sure that bitch is beautiful

D. CARTER

Sent from my SM-N960U using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings Jerripaulb's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Per Vinney and I agreement, I will be sending him 200.00 to finish this.

On a personal note, I agree with all your comments. Granted I should have handled things different. I apologize to Vinney. I am not the victim.

To everyone else that felt they needed to be keyboard warriors, nothing in your comments made the situation any easier. To those that felt calling me a bitch, and other remarks, I am happy to meet up with you anytime your in albuquerque to speak face to face. Not on a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by A4 Quattro Joe View Post
    "What goes around comes around just like a Hulla hoop.
    Karma is a bitch Well just make sure that bitch is beautiful

D. CARTER

Sent from my SM-N960U using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings Jerripaulb's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Money sent. This matter is closed.

Per Vinney and I agreement, I will be sending him 200.00 to finish this.

On a personal note, I agree with all your comments. Granted I should have handled things different. I apologize to Vinney. I am not the victim.

To everyone else that felt they needed to be keyboard warriors, nothing in your comments made the situation any easier. To those that felt calling me a bitch, and other remarks, I am happy to meet up with you anytime your in albuquerque to speak face to face. Not on a computer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12