Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Kruat's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 S4, 03 RS6, 04 Allroad, 16 PSD F350

Unhappy C5 2.7T Allroad Engine removal help needed

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey everyone,

I am in need of some assistance. I'm trying to get my 2.7 out of my 04 Allroad in order to replace the torque converter. I'm trying to take both motor and tranny out together. I seem to have run into a problem.

I've followed many DIY guides online, and am somewhat of an experienced wrencher. I've got everything that I can see/tell discounted. Motor is loose, and am using a jack under the trans to help lift it out of the mount brackets. I just won't move forward. I just maybe need another set of hands and or an experienced guy who's pulled these motor's before.

If anyone is willing to help, I'd gladly compensate their time and distance. I live in West Longview. I'm about to start my 4 day work week (thurs-sun) then I'll be off mon-wed. I'd like to get it removed next week so I can get the converter sent off to level 10.

Any help is gladly appreciated.

Mike
    Last edited by Kruat; 03-06-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    --Mike--

01 Casa S4
    03 Mugello RS6
    04 Cobalt Blue Allroad

01 Aviator TT (sold)
    99.5 A4 (sold)

AZ Member #

You get the trans out? Benchpressing a 5HP19FLA out of the car can be a major pain in the rear.
    Xlite w/ 11spd Campy Record- 2005 Dolphin Grey Ultrasport Avant 6MT-- 2001.5 Light Silver Metallic Avant 5MT w/ Sludge Package --1979 Scout II

Veteran Member Four Rings Kruat's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 S4, 03 RS6, 04 Allroad, 16 PSD F350

Yeah it's out. It was a combination of the angle of the car, (rear tires on ramps, front on stands, which created a nose dive effect) and choosing to not lower subframe. Also had to remove drivers side axle as well. Had a friend help guide the trans over the subframe, and after a little fighting she came out.
    --Mike--

01 Casa S4
    03 Mugello RS6
    04 Cobalt Blue Allroad

01 Aviator TT (sold)
    99.5 A4 (sold)