Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 A4, 01 S4

1.8t awm into Imola s4

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys hoping someone can help me out with some wiring questions, I found a nice Imola s4 Iíll be putting my stroked 1.8 into with an EFR 7163.

My question comes down to the easiest route to go in regards to re pinning. Iím assuming itís easiest to use the AWM harness and ecu?

I have done a lot of harness repairs, soldering and re looming so Iím familiar with re pinning but reading diagrams and re pinning to ecu is new to me. Is there any direct DIY or write ups on this swap? I see plenty of charts but am having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A mess.

Re-pin the dash harness and keep the ECU. I don't think you would need to re-pin all that much, my 2.8 to 1.8T needed a few wires done, but I ended up swapping the dash harness as I did a manual swap too.
    2001 B5 Passat 4Mo Wagon, 6sp/1.8T swap. A6Q H+R Race springs, Koni coilover sleeves, Custom 6pt strut bar, A8 front brakes, Hotchkis 35mm S4 front/RS6 rear sway bars.
    Coming soon: Built 2.0T, FrankenTurbo, TT exhaust, , FMIC, 240mm stage 2 clutch.
    2005 Golf 2.Slow, GTI springs, sway bars.
    2001 B5 Passat V6 Wagon, FWD Tiptronic.
    2001.5 B5.5 Passat V6 5sp sedan.
    Former: 91 SHO, 83 5000S Turbo, 78 Supra, 86 Golf, 69 Chevelle SS, 2 Taurus wagons.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 A4, 01 S4

1.8t awm into Imola s4

Picked up the shell this weekend! Canít wait to get started!

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 A4, 01 S4

Been doing a lot of reading mostly on the following thread

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ness-Explained

So I just need to re ping my plugs on my AWM harness to the coordinating spot the S4 had those in body harness? Not sure if I'm understanding that right?

If thats the case then would the following be correct so far?

T10, Black, 10 pin
    1. blue - generator
    2. unused * S4 HAD RMP SIGNAL AWM DOES NOT?
    3. white/grey - Oil pressure switch
    4. unused
    5. red/green - from pin 121 on ECU to ? NEW HOME - BLUE/BROWN FROM A4 T10,BLACK,10PIN/PIN9 ** WHAT TO DO WITH RED/GREEN
    6. brown/yellow - pin 3 from engine coolant level warning light ** WHAT WILL THIS PLUG INTO? CELS?
    7. blue/yellow - Engine coolant level warning switch WILL CONNECT TO S4 BLUE/GREEN SAME PIN
    8. unused NEW HOME - FUEL PUMP RELAY FROM A4 T17D, RED, 17PIN / PIN 10
    9. blue/brown - Engine coolant temp sensor MOVE - S4 T10M,BLACK, 10PIN / PIN 5 (BLUE/BROWN)
    10. brown/red - Speedometer vehicle speed sensor pin 2 (unused in 03)

Can anyone point me in the direction? Not sure if I'm even close or understanding it correctly. Any suggestions would help! Thanks

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 A4, 01 S4

1.8t awm into Imola s4

The car has finally made it into the garage! Started to clean it a little bit and looked over some of the wiring. Was pleasantly surprised to find out that the AWM harness at least fits all the S4 body plugs! Comparing the two it only looks like Iíll have about 4-5 pins to move.

Assembled the stroker engine a little more but was unhappy with the stock crank gear and dowel setup so order a new IE crank gear and dowel setup which arrived today. Hoping to finish assembly next week if I donít decide to go with an IE cam gear as well.

Work on the imola was interrupted by the arrival of my IE dual pulley kit and my Merc Racing HE for my b8.5 s4.

BFD7D8A1-3425-49A2-947D-5C81D32916E8.jpg