Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1999 Miata (Red with Tan Leather

New Q5 Prestige -- Lock/Unlock AudiConnect Very Unreliable

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Have had my new Q5 for almost 6 weeks and for most of the period lock/unlock via AudiConnect hasn't worked -- Vehicle Could Not Be Locked - Vehicle Could Not Be Reached. Other AudiConnect functions work, such as Google Maps, Online Weather, Car Location and Updated Status. I have two tickets with customer service and no solution as to why the feature isn't reliable. Has there been a problem lately with Audi's servers?

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hello,

It could be a problem with your current area causing interference with the signal. In regard to your question though we have not had any longstanding outages currently that would cause this type of malfunction. Do you mind if I gather some more information and see if I can find anything for you?
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1999 Miata (Red with Tan Leather

Sure. Have had Q5 since beginning of year. Initially had problems with lock/unlock and warnings being totally unresponsive. Then for a few week everything worked fine. Now past week back to same problem with lock/unlock and warnings. This occurs when car is out of garage and AT&T signal shows "good" in AudiConnect. Other Connect features such as satellite navigation, vehicle location and update work fine. I've deleted Key User and re-registered -- and lock/unlock actually worked twice. Looking forward to your assistance in rectifying.