Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Congrats! Iím usually not a fan of the cars without black optics but I love the contrast with the Mythos Black. Will be curious hear your thoughts on what you think of the car!

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Pneub View Post
    Picked up the 2019 after driving the 2017 for over a year. The few differences are nice touches. The sound system is surprisingly better. Also has direct subwoofer controls. The 2017 knee pad area was plastic and made loud plastic creaking sounds. The 2019 has the the padded knee rests which feel more solid and don't creak at all. The additional stitching on the outside armrest is nice but I wish it was leather. The center console screen staying up is disappointing. The exhaust sound is actually louder and deeper in both D and S mode. The tire pressure display is helpful. Otherwise it feels exactly like the previous versions.
    Several,prior posts noted that the outer armrest is now leather, not leatherette.
    2013 Prestige / DSG / Sports Differential / APR Stage 2 / TRUfit Intake / USS Sways / USS End Links / Alu Kreuz

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BzzzBom View Post
    Several,prior posts noted that the outer armrest is now leather, not leatherette.
    The armrest is leatherette. The door trim insert above the arm rest and below the inlay trim is Alcantara. The center armrest above the center console storage is leather, however.

AZ Member #

Tacky
    2013 Prestige / DSG / Sports Differential / APR Stage 2 / TRUfit Intake / USS Sways / USS End Links / Alu Kreuz

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

It's rubber that is textured to look like leather. Here are some photos to compare the armrest vs the leather seat.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Tacky
    Its a big upgrade over the plastic but it is disappointing itís not at least leather, if not Napa leather used on the seats. You can definitely feel the difference between the two.

Active Member One Ring themotiffactory's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BusStopF1 View Post
    Congrats! Iím usually not a fan of the cars without black optics but I love the contrast with the Mythos Black. Will be curious hear your thoughts on what you think of the car!
    It's actually a panther black crystal paint..so far pics don't do the car justice..looks soo much better in person..perfect size..I test drive an orange one so wasnt too sure about the looks..sound on start up is enough to make me happy for the rest of the day..amazing machine..thanks again

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by themotiffactory View Post
    It's actually a panther black crystal paint..so far pics don't do the car justice..looks soo much better in person..perfect size..I test drive an orange one so wasnt too sure about the looks..sound on start up is enough to make me happy for the rest of the day..amazing machine..thanks again

Im so jealous! I definitely would have gotten that color if it was available from the factory in the States, but itís not.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I test drive an orange one so wasnt too sure about the looks..
    Which orange did you test drive? Do you know if its still available?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.V View Post
    Which orange did you test drive? Do you know if its still available?
    Not sure but it was at Glenmore Audi in Calgary.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Can anyone confirm the the MMI screen can be retracted while driving?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by twenzel View Post
    Can anyone confirm the the MMI screen can be retracted while driving?
    It cannot.

AZ Member #

It cannot.
    If I wanted to glue my iPad to the top of the dash I would. Almost a deal breaker.😕

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

If I wanted to glue my iPad to the top of the dash I would. Almost a deal breaker.😕
    Its disappointing but it is what it is. On my old S3, I can count on one hand the number of times I actually retracted the screen while driving. And most of those were just during night driving to minimize the brightness, which I can accomplish by turning off the screen even if it doesnít retract.

Veteran Member Three Rings old_spool's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Notified that my 2019 is on the LYRA LEADER. Anybody else on that ship headed for San Diego 5/25?
    2002 S4 Nogaro Blue Avant 6MT Stage 3 K04 GIAC X-Treme.
    2019 RS3 Ara Blue (On Order)

AZ Member #

Get. Over. It.

AZ Member #

Took delivery on Monday of my 2019 Nardo RS3, with Tech, Dynamic, and black optics. Came with 19miles on it and I'm at 170 now. Such a cool car. Cannot wait to break it in and go WOT. Exhaust sounds amazing, color is great, I ceramic coated it. It's just awesome. The BO sound system is actually really good too! Quite surprised, but its hard to listen to it when the exhaust is so intoxicating.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2019 RS3 Ara Blu

Production Complete
    04/12/2019
    Ship Departure
    05/03/2019
    Domestic Port Arrived
    05/14/2019
    Released to Carrier
    05/15/2019 (ETA)
    Rail Load
    Rail Unoad
    Truck Load
    Dealer Delivery
    05/19/2019 - 05/23/2019 (ETA)

Just a waiting game now.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by myrder View Post
    Took delivery on Monday of my 2019 Nardo RS3, with Tech, Dynamic, and black optics. Came with 19miles on it and I'm at 170 now. Such a cool car. Cannot wait to break it in and go WOT. Exhaust sounds amazing, color is great, I ceramic coated it. It's just awesome. The BO sound system is actually really good too! Quite surprised, but its hard to listen to it when the exhaust is so intoxicating.
    Congrats! Same spec as mine it seems and I can agree with all your thoughts. Iíve put 800 miles on in less than 2 weeks (a lot for me). All have been immensely enjoyable. Even the traffic miles.

AZ Member #

Congrats! Same spec as mine it seems and I can agree with all your thoughts. Iíve put 800 miles on in less than 2 weeks (a lot for me). All have been immensely enjoyable. Even the traffic miles.
    damn! I need to do that now. tuesday wednesday I spent claying and a light polish then ceramic, so that took quite the amount of time. But I wanted to get it done before I did some longer road trips.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2019 RS3 Ara Blu

Dealer states its on a truck and to expect delivery on Monday! Excited!

Gotta schedule tint and install the CTS intake and intercooler and 034 Mid-pipes. #happydance

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by allerum View Post

Gotta schedule tint and install the CTS intake and intercooler and 034 Mid-pipes. #happydance
    Lucky! I'm about a month behind, production was completed May 7, trying to get an update now on expected shipping etc. 5 weeks completion to delivery to dealer isn't bad at all... that would put me around my birthday on June 18th. That would be awesome.... happy birthday to me hopefully :)

Established Member Two Rings mugenr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sigh... Mine missed the ETA for ship departure. Presumably the car is just sitting at the port. It completed production last week of April.
    ETA for ship departure was 5/10. No update after that. :(

And pwl.de hasnt released an updated ship schedule either

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

... so I asked my sales rep to shoot me a quick screengrab (which he's done 1-2 times before) to see if any updates on shipping times etc. Production was complete 10 days ago, so I'm figuring it should be getting on a ship fairly soon.

His response is... well, rude AF IMO.

"Hi, I'll definitely keep you updated on the RS3. Unfortunately, due to resent(sic) events on transit vehicles beyond our control, management has instructed us not send system screenshots of any kind. Car was made on 5/7.... we still waiting for it to get it on the ship. Dealer arrival looks more like 7/5 now. There won't be any meaningful changes until it actually gets on the ship. Once that happens its about a month to the port & then about 2 weeks to the store. I'll let you know".

Am I wrong to interpret this as basically "F off, it'll get here when it get's here and you don't deserve regular updates", or am I just getting POed since I want the damn car?

Veteran Member Three Rings old_spool's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Velicos View Post
    ... so I asked my sales rep to shoot me a quick screengrab (which he's done 1-2 times before) to see if any updates on shipping times etc. Production was complete 10 days ago, so I'm figuring it should be getting on a ship fairly soon.

"Hi, I'll definitely keep you updated on the RS3. Unfortunately, due to resent(sic) events on transit vehicles beyond our control, management has instructed us not send system screenshots of any kind. Car was made on 5/7.... we still waiting for it to get it on the ship. Dealer arrival looks more like 7/5 now. There won't be any meaningful changes until it actually gets on the ship. Once that happens its about a month to the port & then about 2 weeks to the store. I'll let you know".

Am I wrong to interpret this as basically "F off, it'll get here when it get's here and you don't deserve regular updates", or am I just getting POed since I want the damn car?
    Well first of all, he's not THE salesperson at the dealership...he's probably a lower level been there less than a year guy. THE salesperson has free reign to do whatever he wants with the Sales Manager. Lastly, yes, you're being too sensitive. Just do what I am doing and enjoy not having the payment and saving up! Glass is half full!
    2002 S4 Nogaro Blue Avant 6MT Stage 3 K04 GIAC X-Treme.
    2019 RS3 Ara Blue (On Order)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Velicos View Post

Seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me. I'm sure if he had any more info that was helpful he'd give it to you.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Well, after finding out that exclusive colours are not available for order on 2019ís I decided to "settle" for Nardo Grey. The sales guy I was working with was able to source one that was in the system the way I wanted it so they are going to trade allocations in order to get it for me. I put a deposit down today and expected delivery is sometime in July. :D it's going to be a long 2 ish months... But leaves lots of time to research mods.

Here's what it will have:
    Nardo Grey
    Audi Sport Package (Fixed Dampers, speed limiter increase, carbon engine cover)
    Black Optics
    Technology Package
    RS Design Package
    Red Brake Calipers
    Sport Exhaust with Black tips
    Audi Phonebox

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Same! The dealer just called and said mine has arrived and is ready to pickup.

AZ Member #

That's a hell of a first modification. My first mod was to cancel my spotify subscription..highly unnecessary at this point

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2019 RS3 Ara Blu

That's a hell of a first modification. My first mod was to cancel my spotify subscription..highly unnecessary at this point

Lol, First plan is road trip to Zmax for charlotte nc street car take over and deals gap on June 28th. 1100 mile road trip!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

2019 RS3 Club (order status, updates and chat)

Update* Wheels are on, VMR 19Ē 710FF with 245/35/R19 Michelin PS4 tires. Also threw majority of Feynlabís whole catalog on the car. Excuse the cell phone quality pictures, will have better ones soon.

IMG_8701.JPG

IMG_8697.JPG

IMG_8681.JPG

IMG_8685.JPG

IMG_8684.JPG
    Last edited by bostonmfc; 05-18-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

AZ Member #

For those that have gotten your cars already. Those the front door puddle lights say Audi Sport?

I saw it as a dealer installed option, but i also read somewhere the cars already came with them in the front doors.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mugenr View Post
    For those that have gotten your cars already. Those the front door puddle lights say Audi Sport?

I saw it as a dealer installed option, but i also read somewhere the cars already came with them in the front doors.
    They come with it stock

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Pneub View Post
    They come with it stock
    Nice! Thanks!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guess I got hosed on the puddle lights, paid extra....

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

2019 RS3 Club (order status, updates and chat)

Quote Originally Posted by mugenr View Post

IMG_4496.jpg

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by calvin_c View Post
    sweet! thanks!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cseaman View Post
    Get. Over. It.
    Youíre right

AZ Member #

Youíre right
    Having come from a 2017 RS3 I thought it was going to be terribly annoying. Now it barely bothers me. What I find more annoying now is it comes with wireless charging but still no wireless CarPlay.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast