Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 AR 2.7T TP, '83 Mercedes 300TD, DEAD '03 Allroad yet to be resurrected

Tips on VAGCOM logging?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have a borrowed HEX NET VagCom cable and I've never done any logging; anyone have a link on the how to over another?

I plan to check the boost, curious if this thing has been chipped; also need to watch the solenoids in the tranny work, I seem to fall out of 5th gear on a particular step incline at 45mph.

Thank you!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

go to ross-tech site for instructions. Basically, you select the measuring blocks or go to the advanced section and check the ones you want. Click on log and then click on start when you want to begin the log. I have forgotten to click on Start and then get to do over.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Advanced measuring blocks on an old ME7 is really terribly slow, actually its slow on anything that doesn't require you to use it.. but me7 is just bad.

The read rate is based on a group. So if you have a max of 9 reads per second with one block, and you add a second it goes to 6, and 3rd it goes to 3. So that is what you would see using normal data blocks.

If you grab 4 individual data points in advanced, that happen to be from 4 different blocks then you are now at a sample of like 1 per second... This is being optimistic on some of these old me7 cars.

there is nothing you can do with data from 1-3 samples per second.

Figure out which main group block in regular MBs has what you need and log only one at a time, maybe 2 at first to try and help narrow the problem down. If you want the best data just log one group at a time in normal measuring blocks. Since you are just trying to see if this is chipped log only block 115 by itself with nothing else, should be rpm, load and actual/requested boost I think. Blanking for some reason.

My hex net is finicky in the allroad I never even bother trying to use it, so hopefully it works for you, which sucks since it is a faster dongle than the Hex USB CAN.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 AR 2.7T TP, '83 Mercedes 300TD, DEAD '03 Allroad yet to be resurrected

Thank you both...