Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q7 / Jeep '12 JKU

Green Light Optimization Speed Advisory

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Folks,

I was just reading that this feature and some others, are included in the AUDI CONNECT PRIME?

For those of you who have this service, do you have these features? If so, what are your thoughts?

I am not sure how accurate this information is as it comes from a good source, but small article with little details. The article link is below...

https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/18/...&utm_source=dl

Thanks!

AP

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Its my understanding that the 3 line and TT line do not come with the necessary hardware for these features.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q7 / Jeep '12 JKU

Quote Originally Posted by AOmegaIV View Post
    Its my understanding that the 3 line and TT line do not come with the necessary hardware for these features.
    Makes total sense, as they obviously listed the A3 and TT in the article as exempt and I missed it. I guess I am not used to extrapolating the A3 applications to the RS3.

AP

AZ Member #

I don't see a point to it. I'm going to drive the way I feel like driving. I hate when people in front of me drive super slow in hopes of rolling through vs stopping at a light. Might as well just get a Prius if I wanted to drive like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q7 / Jeep '12 JKU

Quote Originally Posted by r26372 View Post
    I don't see a point to it. I'm going to drive the way I feel like driving. I hate when people in front of me drive super slow in hopes of rolling through vs stopping at a light. Might as well just get a Prius if I wanted to drive like that.

Oh I agree with this... it’s just that it’s interesting to see where “smart” “connected” driving is going. For now it’s connected lights, tomorrow something else leading us to an autonomous driving experience, which is, Im sure, the opposite of what RS3 owners embody. It’s always good to have a finger on the pulse so one can anticipate and navigate this slippery slope...connected speed traps aside from Waze would be nice ;-).

Senior Member Two Rings MichiganRS3's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Tested this at CES a couple years ago. Was wrong over 90% of the time.
    `18 Mystic Blue Pearl Effect RS3
    11.2 @ 127mph / 3.17s - 0-60 - Stage 1 e85

Established Member Two Rings nicholasdaa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Tahoe Z71, 2014 E30 Stage 3 Big Turbo Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by r26372 View Post

In Denver you can time a string of lights based on when the red occurs and make the next 10 or so in a row green. I once had someone get to the next red light with me and say "cool car, I've never seen anyone get to a red light so fast." In a condescending matter. Little did he know being at the front of a red light and flooring it is one of the funnest things you can do in an RS3 lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Current -
    • 2018 Nardo RS3 - Fully Loaded - E85 APR Stage 1+, Unitronic Stage 2 E70, Unitronic Stage 2 TCU, APR Intercooler, APR Turbo Inlet, IMS Catless DP, IMS Catless Midpipes, Milltek Non-Resonated Catback
    • 2018 Black Tahoe Z71

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Cptpizzo View Post
    Oh I agree with this... it’s just that it’s interesting to see where “smart” “connected” driving is going. For now it’s connected lights, tomorrow something else leading us to an autonomous driving experience, which is, Im sure, the opposite of what RS3 owners embody. It’s always good to have a finger on the pulse so one can anticipate and navigate this slippery slope...connected speed traps aside from Waze would be nice ;-).
    We already have Waze integrated through car play. I use it everyday and displays map in center display with alerts for speed, red-light, and cops. Avoided many tickets using that.