Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings WerkzRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 SLine, 997 GTS, Lexus CT200H

water leaked in my cabin on the passenger side

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Sup guys needed a little insight on this...few days ago I decided to take the RS for a spin..it started raining and I went back home(I hate driving in the rain). I parked on my driveway and not inside the garage because the car was already wet and I didnít feel like moping my garage. Next day I come back and find a small amount of water on my passenger side mat (all weather mat). I inspected and thought maybe I left the window cracked open...negative, the car was closed completely. So I began to run my hand through the bottom of the dash and noticed the side of the dash had moisture. My concern is where the f the leak is at? I know cars have ďgutterĒ systems incorporated to run water through,but just donít know where to begin looking...Leak wasnít major but itís bugging me now...any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
    2007 RS4 Daytona Gray, 80K (11/01/17) Ohlins/Statsis MS coilovers, ZIZA LED Interior, Milltek DP. w/ Non res valved catback, RNSE 2010-11 upgrade w/ AMI Integration and airtunes adapter (stream music), Euro TTRS steering wheel, Valentine Hardwired, WORK Emotion Cr Kiwami 19x10.5 ET 22 265/30-19..........scared money, don't make money!

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Under the hood by the cabin filter is notorious for having water intrusion areas. Supposed to be drain holes that are easily clogged. Also where the filter is itself and the cowl (black part under wiper arms above windshield) can sometimes leak and allow water in.

I'd say sunroof drains could be clogged as well, but seems less likely if the A-pillar is dry.
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

Veteran Member Three Rings WerkzRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q7 SLine, 997 GTS, Lexus CT200H

@audibot thanks Iíll look under the hood and check all the seals are properly in place. I checked the sunroof and headliner for moisture but was dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2007 RS4 Daytona Gray, 80K (11/01/17) Ohlins/Statsis MS coilovers, ZIZA LED Interior, Milltek DP. w/ Non res valved catback, RNSE 2010-11 upgrade w/ AMI Integration and airtunes adapter (stream music), Euro TTRS steering wheel, Valentine Hardwired, WORK Emotion Cr Kiwami 19x10.5 ET 22 265/30-19..........scared money, don't make money!