Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings cullenrd's Avatar
    AZ Member #

ecstatics diffuser fitment issues

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Those of you that had issues with the ecs carbon diffuser on your b8.5 fitment, what did you do? Im having issues with the clips I believe on the edges near the tips. what did you guys do to remedy this?
    Last edited by cullenrd; 02-17-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Senior Member Three Rings Rodizzle's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I thought I was the only person having this but after meeting several people in person and theyíre having the same issue. Itís either the left or the right side, I have the issues on the left side .
    I would also like to find out what everybody is doing about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 IE E40 Stage 2+ & TCU 11.32@119.98

AZ Member #

[QUOTE=Rodizzle;13534455]I thought I was the only person having this but after meeting several people in person and theyíre having the same issue. Itís either the left or the right side, I have the issues on the left side .
    I would also like to find out what everybody is doing about this.

I was honestly thinking of maybe a self tapping screw through the clip since its not really going to ever come off.

Established Member Two Rings Jk79's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Same here. I used some black gorilla brand tape and wrapped the clip on both the left and right side. Just over the clip and only 2 times. Very minimal increase to the overall thickness was enough to more securely clip it in. Itís completely hidden from view.
    2014 S4 - Stage 1 ECU & TCU, AWE Touring, IE CAI, CR15, 034 Rear Sway, 034 Trans Mount, RS Quattro grille, ECS CF Diffuser, RS7 Wheels, Ceramic Coat

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jk79 View Post
    Same here. I used some black gorilla brand tape and wrapped the clip on both the left and right side. Just over the clip and only 2 times. Very minimal increase to the overall thickness was enough to more securely clip it in. Itís completely hidden from view.
    Nice may have to try that. Iím guessing you did the part on the bumper and not the diffuser?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings Jk79's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cullenrd View Post
    Nice may have to try that. Iím guessing you did the part on the bumper and not the diffuser?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    No, I added the small amount of tape to the clip on the diffuser. The problem I had was that some of the clips were made a little thinner than the others so they would slide out of the slots in the bumper. Adding the tape to the clip made them slightly thicker and they then fit more tightly and didnít pop out anymore.
    2014 S4 - Stage 1 ECU & TCU, AWE Touring, IE CAI, CR15, 034 Rear Sway, 034 Trans Mount, RS Quattro grille, ECS CF Diffuser, RS7 Wheels, Ceramic Coat

Senior Member Three Rings Rodizzle's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jk79 View Post
    No, I added the small amount of tape to the clip on the diffuser. The problem I had was that some of the clips were made a little thinner than the others so they would slide out of the slots in the bumper. Adding the tape to the clip made them slightly thicker and they then fit more tightly and didnít pop out anymore.
    Thanks man I thatís my issues too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 IE E40 Stage 2+ & TCU 11.32@119.98