Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Avant hunting. 11/12 Sport Pkg car needed

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    This must be the place. My name is Rob. I am a working auto racing photographer and a recently retired Trans Am Series driver. I work SCCA events from Sebring to Watkins Glen. I need a road trip car for my work and I think the Audi Avant is the best option. With no S4 version available I am hoping to find a paddle shift, sports seats, sport suspension car. The 2011/12 8 speed seems like the best option as well.

Someone here have one they are ready to part with? I am ready to buy.

AZ Member #

You can always open your search to include 13+ allroads...suspension swap and you've got the same car with less chance of the oil burning 2.0t and some updated amenities

Veteran Member Four Rings vdubjetta02's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Not sure I am willing to part with my car. But I did PM you back. My car has the sport package and burns zero oil. I don't really drive it more than 2-3 days a month, but it is in such great shape I am not sure what I could replace it with for the cost.
    CURRENT:
    APR - B8 Avant
    2018 - VW ATLAS

AZ Member #

I understand. I returned your PM.

AZ Member #

I understand that the allroad is possible. I think it would be a lot more expensive. Don't you think?

Veteran Member Four Rings Turbavanttro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It should be more expensive. Its newer, and revised in many areas. I think that's how it works. What's your budget?
    2004 B6 Avant l Moro Blue Pearl l Sportec l EFR TS-7064 l United Motorsport Tuned l 460 awhp, 93 octane
    2014 P+ Allroad l Glacier White l Airlift 3H l BBS l Eurocode l OEM+ Goodness l CTS l IE l K04 l United Motorsport Tuned l
    Instagram: bluewings460
    So many Audis, so little time....

AZ Member #

Unfortunately I think the B8.5 Allroad would be less expensive than a fully sorted B8 Avant...should you find a “deal” it might be less than once you address that generations issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Turbavanttro View Post
    It should be more expensive. Its newer, and revised in many areas. I think that's how it works. What's your budget?
    I agree. Its newer. It should be more expensive. That and that I don't want an Allroad are why I am looking for an A4 Avant rather than an Allroad. Were 2013 A4 Avants available in the US, I am sure they would be on my list.

My choice here was to buy one newer vehicle. A Macan S perhaps or buy an A4 Avant for a specific purpose and be able to buy a Porsche Cayman S as well. I chose that route. At some point getting an Allroad and changing the suspension is possible. But for now a nicely cared for 70k 80k mile A4 meets my needs.

Established Member Two Rings DG7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MKV R32, B8 Avant, 8V S3 SB, F36 435i

I'm probably getting another B8 Avant when my current one dies.

If I were in the market, I'd be checking this one out: https://autohouseusa.com/cars/Used/2...m+Plus/5392258

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2019 Cayman GTS, 2016 Forester XT, 2013 S5, 2011 A4 avanti, 2004 TSX

Quote Originally Posted by txpd View Post
    I agree. Its newer. It should be more expensive. That and that I don't want an Allroad are why I am looking for an A4 Avant rather than an Allroad. Were 2013 A4 Avants available in the US, I am sure they would be on my list.

My choice here was to buy one newer vehicle. A Macan S perhaps or buy an A4 Avant for a specific purpose and be able to buy a Porsche Cayman S as well. I chose that route. At some point getting an Allroad and changing the suspension is possible. But for now a nicely cared for 70k 80k mile A4 meets my needs.
    I am not going to sell my avant or part it out. Just try to share my 2 cents. I also will choose an avant + Cayman over a macan S and that's what I did well actually I dun even ever considered a macan lol

I picked up a 11 avant premium without sport package or sline 2yr ago. But same as you that I badly want the sline goodies on my wagon since I am already spoiled by my S5. So I just retrofited the b8.5 S4 flat bottom steering wheel with paddle shift, all road sport seat, blistein pss10 coilover, q5 brembo brakes, s5 19" rims, s4 shift knob, s4 side blade, rs4 front grille, rs4 rear spoiler and even the b8.5 mmi.

But my 11 2.0T did burn oil like crazy which I just have the stage2 fix by audi + new turbo + new water pump + thermostat + steering rack all covered by extended warranty.

So unless you grab an extended warranty from audi otherwise better get an allroad and then put a set of coilover to lower it then you already have a cool wagon with the reliability. An allroad already has all the interior goodies and if done it right, it can archive a very mean looks too.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    2019 718 Cayman GTS 6MT
    2016 Subaru Dark Grey Forester XT touring
    2013 Audi Phantom Black S5 6MT Sport Diff, 20" BBS CH-R, Navi, B&O, PSS10, AK, EC sway, Alcon BBK, RS grille & Ecode
    2011 Audi Deep Sea Blue A4 Avant prestige, 19" OEM Ti rotors, PSS10, AK, sway, RS style grille + rear spoiler, Votrex diffusor
    2004 Acura Premium White TSX 6MT

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2019 Cayman GTS, 2016 Forester XT, 2013 S5, 2011 A4 avanti, 2004 TSX

Here are some exterior pic of my avant

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    2019 718 Cayman GTS 6MT
    2016 Subaru Dark Grey Forester XT touring
    2013 Audi Phantom Black S5 6MT Sport Diff, 20" BBS CH-R, Navi, B&O, PSS10, AK, EC sway, Alcon BBK, RS grille & Ecode
    2011 Audi Deep Sea Blue A4 Avant prestige, 19" OEM Ti rotors, PSS10, AK, sway, RS style grille + rear spoiler, Votrex diffusor
    2004 Acura Premium White TSX 6MT

AZ Member #

found my car. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

Veteran Member Three Rings frenchyofcp's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What did you find?
    USP CLUB MEMBER #138
    2012 Monsoon A4 Avant
    2005 Arctic USP avant 6sp
    2001 Casa S4
    Ladies: 2007 Lava 3.2Q A3

Veteran Member Four Rings vdubjetta02's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyofcp View Post
    What did you find?
    we spoke for a few days and The price for my car was too high.... so I believe he picked up a White S-line avant from a female owner.

*My car sits in my garage clean and barely driven, so the only way it would be sold is if someone is willing to pay the right price. However, I am glad he found a really nice avant and is back in the community!
    CURRENT:
    APR - B8 Avant
    2018 - VW ATLAS

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyofcp View Post
    What did you find?
    Found just what I was looking for. Nothing special I am sure. 2011. White/Black interior. Prem Plus. Sport Package. Family usage. Nicely documented service records. Oil consumption rebuild done. California car. Excited to get it. I have a road trip for a job at Road Atlanta in 3 weeks and will get some pictures of the car at the track.

AZ Member #

Found just what I was looking for. Nothing special I am sure. 2011. White/Black interior. Prem Plus. Sport Package. Family usage. Nicely documented service records. Oil consumption rebuild done. California car. Excited to get it. I have a road trip for a job at Road Atlanta in 3 weeks and will get some pictures of the car at the track.
    Congrats!

I will likely start a hunt for an Allroad next year and plan a manual swap for it. But have too many cars, projects and no time. :(
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender.

AZ Member #

I will have 3 when all is said and done. I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac that I got from my mom when she passed. I have the Avant waiting for transport to bring it home. I have a 2008 Porsche Cayman S in Michigan that I will go pick up myself as soon as spring arrives. Never had that many at once for the street. The Porsche replaces the racing cars that I have had for more than a decade. My daily driver then was the late model dually that pulled the trailer until the Sport Trac showed up. So, I am looking forward to having the Avant to for road trips and such. Life reset.

AZ Member #

Loading up for the ride from Cali to NC

http://robbodleimages.tumblr.com/image/183122619620

Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant

congrats! i was originally worried when you said you were eyeing a 11/12, but since you already got the oil consumption work done, looks like you got a great ride!

I saw one of these at a cycling race a couple weeks ago that was modded up quite a bit. Really beautiful car.
    Hers: 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus
    Mine: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

Past: 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

AZ Member #

Thanks. No, I was somewhat attracted to the oil consumption issue. Finding that many of these cars effectively have freshened shortblocks and in some cases very recently. So, I was aware that some had not been fixed and been told the cars were great and hadn't needed the repair.

I probably wont mod the car much if any. I spent my most recent 12 years as a high level club and professional series road course racer. I have written for magazines and still work regularly as an auto racing photographer{private}. Ive seen way too many people take a perfectly good factory car that they enjoy and then after starting mods find the car less reliable and less predictable. It can go from dream to nightmare quickly.

Some cars are detuned to for the US market and need to be "unlocked" by after market things that the factory encourages to find the real car. But beyond that I am very wary. My personal use for the car will be a long distance highway road trip car for my photography work. Fuel mileage will be important. So, a big boost in hp is probably not of real value for me. I am considering some racing style graphics to break up the white some.

Veteran Member Four Rings $teady$upreme's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    99.5 A4 28RS 1.8TQS VolcanoBlk

NICE.

im on the same boat of getting a b8 avant with the piston and rings done and a hopefully 2009 cayman S. Just sold my B7 3.2 avant, now im planning to sell my b5 and my type-R.

I am no race car driver, but i always wanted a Porsche and i definitely think the 987 cayman is the best bang of the buck sports car now. Especially with the ims and preventative maintenance done. And since you picked the cayman S as well, I think it has to be a good sports car to have fun with.
    99.5 A4 GT28RS 1.8TQSM Volcano Black & CW Acura Integra Type-R 99-0010
    IG:@steadysupreme
    Pics&Detail

Go-Eurodyne/GT28RS/ATP/Siemens/Bailey/Blitzkrieg/FMIC/CMfx400/Fidanza/Greddy/Innovate/Walbro/Meth
    Footworks-BBS RGR/CCW/BilsteinPSS9/034/Stern/ASP/APR
    Misc-Porsche/S4rear/Rieger/Ecodes/V&S/Sparco/Podi/Blitz/AWE/Panzer

Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant

Thanks. No, I was somewhat attracted to the oil consumption issue. Finding that many of these cars effectively have freshened shortblocks and in some cases very recently. So, I was aware that some had not been fixed and been told the cars were great and hadn't needed the repair.

I probably wont mod the car much if any. I spent my most recent 12 years as a high level club and professional series road course racer. I have written for magazines and still work regularly as an auto racing photographer{private}. Ive seen way too many people take a perfectly good factory car that they enjoy and then after starting mods find the car less reliable and less predictable. It can go from dream to nightmare quickly.

Some cars are detuned to for the US market and need to be "unlocked" by after market things that the factory encourages to find the real car. But beyond that I am very wary. My personal use for the car will be a long distance highway road trip car for my photography work. Fuel mileage will be important. So, a big boost in hp is probably not of real value for me. I am considering some racing style graphics to break up the white some.
    I agree, this one was mostly/completely cosmetic. All I was referring to as it relates to mods.

Hers: 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus
    Mine: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

Past: 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

AZ Member #

AZ Member #

I am thinking about the silver graphics that run the bottom under the contour line.

AZ Member #

- - - Updated - - -

and then the red striping that runs from the top of the headlight to the windshield. Modest. Tasteful.

Veteran Member Four Rings $teady$upreme's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    99.5 A4 28RS 1.8TQS VolcanoBlk

One of the local avants. Simple two tone graphics changed the look, the caps def added a nice touch to it too.IMG_6618.JPG

99.5 A4 GT28RS 1.8TQSM Volcano Black & CW Acura Integra Type-R 99-0010
    IG:@steadysupreme
    Pics&Detail

Go-Eurodyne/GT28RS/ATP/Siemens/Bailey/Blitzkrieg/FMIC/CMfx400/Fidanza/Greddy/Innovate/Walbro/Meth
    Footworks-BBS RGR/CCW/BilsteinPSS9/034/Stern/ASP/APR
    Misc-Porsche/S4rear/Rieger/Ecodes/V&S/Sparco/Podi/Blitz/AWE/Panzer

AZ Member #

yea, that is kind of the idea behind using the grey/silver where the black in on the car above. The wheels are just not my taste. I am pretty happy with the 5 spoke rotor wheels that come on the car now.