Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings massboykie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Audi S6, '16 Audi S5 Cab.

Getting a new motor under warrantee!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I figured I would share this....

Drove the wife's S5 on Saturday and was coming up the hill towards the house and opened her up a little, but never even got to redline... When I let off the car lost significant power and the EPC light came on. Sounded and felt like it lost a bank of cylinders.... Pulled into the driveway, shut her down and restarted and all was well. Idling smooth no issues.... Scanned it and there were some miss-fires on a couple of cylinders. Figured I will take it in and let them know, but no engine light or EPC after the restart, so wasn't too concerned...

Yesterday morning the Mrs drives to work and the motor starts making all kinds of clicking and clacking sounds (I heard it on her phone but wasn't there), so towed it to the dealer....

Was informed today that we will be getting a new motor! Apparently when they drained the oil there was all kinds of metal in the oil. Motor only had 24K miles on it!

Needless to say, I am SO glad I did not chip the car yet, damn, as this would have been an expensive week!

Cheers
    Massboykie
    2016 Audi S5 Cab. - ECS Intake, K&N DI
    2016 Audi S6 - K&N DI

Not to be forgotten...
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T
    2006 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T
    2002 Audi A6 2.7T

http://www.VAGLinks.com - 2000+ VAG Links!
    http://www.PlanetVAG.com - VAG Only Search Engine!

Veteran Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

to the tune of $23K+. Our Q7 motor was replaced and thank god for the extended warranty. They told me how much it would have cost me if I didn't. You may want to consider having them replace all inaccessible hoses and seals and etc as a preventative measure. Labor will be free so may as well. I got a discount on all the parts as well.

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake, Akrapovič exhaust, lots of CF
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7: Sport pedals, LED interior lights

Established Member Two Rings Antique-ace's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Glad to hear you are getting a new engine free of charge. What I find a little scary is that your engine suffered a catastrophic failure with no warning at only 24K miles. Kind of makes you wonder if Audi has a quality control problem?
    2010 S5 Coupe SOLD, 2014 S5 Prestige Coupe: Moonlight Blue/Chestnut Brown Milano Leather/Comfort Package | S tronic/Sport Diff/CR-15/19" 5-seg "Peeler" wheels |

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You know, I had a code for a misfiring cylinder twice, about 6-8 months apart. Both times the engine light came on and both times it was when I was going up hill (the same hill, both times) and the car never felt any different so I drove it and the CEL light went off about 50 miles later. I noticed it happened when you were going up hill as well and thought that was a weird coincidence.

Glad you're getting it fixed under warranty!
    2012 4.2L Monsoon Gray: JHM test pipes, AWE Track cat back, AWE non-resonated downpipes, Deval carbon diffuser, 034 sway bar, 034 end links, JHM crank pulley, dyno tuned, lots of exterior bits :)

Established Member Two Rings SoundEfx's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Go play the lotto because you're one lucky man. Glad everything worked out in your favour.

Senior Member Two Rings massboykie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Audi S6, '16 Audi S5 Cab.

Quote Originally Posted by namvar View Post
    to the tune of $23K+. Our Q7 motor was replaced and thank god for the extended warranty. They told me how much it would have cost me if I didn't. You may want to consider having them replace all inaccessible hoses and seals and etc as a preventative measure. Labor will be free so may as well. I got a discount on all the parts as well.
    Yeah I was thinking of asking them if there are any problem areas we can address while the motor is out.

The car is practically brand new and has had zero issues since we owned it. We got it with about 14K on it and I believe previously belonged to an older lady, so she probably did not beat on it, so no idea what this could have been.

Thanks though, Ill see what they suggest.

Cheers
    Massboykie
    2016 Audi S5 Cab. - ECS Intake, K&N DI
    2016 Audi S6 - K&N DI

Not to be forgotten...
    2016 Audi A3 2.0T
    2006 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T
    2002 Audi A6 2.7T

http://www.VAGLinks.com - 2000+ VAG Links!
    http://www.PlanetVAG.com - VAG Only Search Engine!